Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Texas Portal News

Sirhornsalot

2 hours ago, dillohorn said:

The portal combined with this NIL crap will kill college FB. I hate this sh*t.

Not being argumentative, but could you explain why you think NIL "will kill college FB"? I'm asking because I seriously would like to hear your thoughts 

3 hours ago, hookemhorb said:

Have you seen the property prices in Austin? You'd have to buy in Temple at the current NIL all football players get.

Would he? Hmm. I don't think so. I would imagine if we wanted him, he'd be able to find a place he can afford with no problem. 

1 hour ago, DBut82 said:

Not being argumentative, but could you explain why you think NIL "will kill college FB"? I'm asking because I seriously would like to hear your thoughts 

Fans don't want to see a complete roster  every season. It will become a merry go round cluster f*ck.

1 hour ago, dillohorn said:

Fans don't want to see a complete roster  every season. It will become a merry go round cluster f*ck.

If we have a complete roster overhaul next season and win 10+ games, I’ll applaud it.  It’ll settle down and become fairly stable. But the kids at the less than major programs that produce on the field will leave their teams more. 

2 hours ago, dillohorn said:

My understanding is the transfer rules allow a single transfer without sitting a year, so a second transfer would require an athlete to sit a year,  assuming they don't have a good reason to justify a waiver.

Time will tell how many transfers there will be, but I would think this is likely to make the rich get richer, so Texas should be okay. If the team is winning the fans won't care that there is a higher percentage of new players.