Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Texas Portal News

Sirhornsalot

13 hours ago, Mac-7 said:

I’m sorry to see him go.   With a good OL he can be very productive in the Sark system

now its up to Hudson Card will benefit from a better supporting cast also

If Casey never gets hurt, our win total looks different, and so does our outlook.

Casey was recruited for Herman’s offense and was a better fit for it, but he has some intangibles that cannot be taught.

Good luck to Casey.  He probably made a good choice as Ewers was tailor made for what Sark wants to do and will get every opportunity to start.  

21 minutes ago, 83Dee said:

If Casey never gets hurt, our win total looks different, and so does our outlook.

Casey was recruited for Herman’s offense and was a better fit for it, but he has some intangibles that cannot be taught.

Good luck to Casey.  He probably made a good choice as Ewers was tailor made for what Sark wants to do and will get every opportunity to start.  

If ewers lives up to the hype all is well

but I sense a certain flakiness about this guy

no one denies his physical talent

but does he have his head screwed on straight?

we’ll see

and a lot depends on sark

he screwed up the thompson-card quarterback battle in my opinion

hopefully he’ll do better next time

37 minutes ago, tejasrulz said:

I'm old and a product of the 70s so please refresh my memory, who is this Watts person who is interested in coming to Texas?

Edit note: Ryan Watts, DB from Ohio St

I think so.  Former 4 star.  

Played at the same HS as Brooks, a signing day flip to UT from tOSU, but they didn’t actually play on the same HS team.

That’s from my memory - which is currently in the “youth of old age” (50-something.... I can’t remember).  

3 hours ago, Basis Points said:

I don't think that is a fair comment at all.  He was a competitor all year, gave his all and played through an injured thumb.  We wouldn't have been as competitive without him this last year, yet he got plenty of criticism from many fans.  If you saw the photos of his thumb and thought about the difficulty of stepping up and playing, but not getting the support from the fans, most people would likely leave.  I don't believe for a moment that he is afraid of quarterback competition.  My hats off to the guy and I thank him

He left. He chose not to be here. Ewers wants to be here. What is it so hard to understand this? Facts. The thumb would be healed next season. He could have stayed. He decided not to. I never said he wasn't a stud last year, but I am saying that he did not want to compete with the new blood coming in. .Sheesh 

2 minutes ago, dillohorn said:

He left. He chose not to be here. Ewers wants to be here. What is it so hard to understand this? Facts. The thumb would be healed next season. He could have stayed. He decided not to. I never said he wasn't a stud last year, but I am saying that he did not want to compete with the new blood coming in. .Sheesh 

You are not wrong but others like to get emotional over players leaving

giphy.gif

If Ewers wants to be here why did he leave.? Money! Then why did he return Money Has he realy competed sinse HS.

High rated QBS have failed before here hoping Ewers does not for two years then goodbye.

To me Casey was best QB on roster but he made best decision for him

3 hours ago, Mac-7 said:

If ewers lives up to the hype all is well

but I sense a certain flakiness about this guy

no one denies his physical talent

but does he have his head screwed on straight?

we’ll see

and a lot depends on sark

he screwed up the thompson-card quarterback battle in my opinion

hopefully he’ll do better next time

He's flakey because he was seventeen years old, a thousand miles away and homesick? 17 year olds make bad decisions, it's part of growing up.

Just now, Mac-7 said:
6 hours ago, Baron said:

He's flakey because he was seventeen years old, a thousand miles away and homesick? 17 year olds make bad decisions, it's part of growing up.

If he can be serious about football after collecting a million bucks and a $75,000 truck while sitting on the bench then he may be a good quarterback someday

its up to him and Sark 

by that I mean hopefully Sark will do a better coaching job next year than he did with casey thompson and hudson card

time will tell

2 hours ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

If you mean there never should've been a "QB battle" than I concur.

I was hoping Card would transfer - not Thompson. Oh, well.

Casey was the obvious starter for game one 

With the more experienced Qb leading the team Card could have developed with no pressure to carry the team

my guess is that Sark will not make the same mistake next year by rushing  ewers into the starting spot too soon

or maybe not at all the first year

Because given a better offensive line Card may turn out to be a pretty good QB himself

14 minutes ago, Mac-7 said:

With the more experienced Qb leading the team Card could have developed with no pressure to carry the team

my guess is that Sark will not make the same mistake next year by rushing  ewers into the starting spot too soon

Because given a better offensive line Card may turn out to be a pretty good QB himself

Do you think that Ewers transferred to Texas to sit the bench?  He sat this past yr, so that is his redshirt yr, right?  We'll see who wins the competition next season.  It's gonna be good.  I really want to see what Ewers can do.

1 hour ago, Mac-7 said:

I think Ewers will start Game 1 because Ewers will be the best QB we have. Card has not developed. We saw Sark go with Thompson, even though Thompson was injured. In his mind, an injured Thompson (on his throwing hand no less) was better than Card.

2 hours ago, Rotty22 said:

Do you think that Ewers transferred to Texas to sit the bench?  He sat this past yr, so that is his redshirt yr, right?  We'll see who wins the competition next season.  It's gonna be good.  I really want to see what Ewers can do.

It is not what he wants,it's what he earns ,which zilch so far. 

3 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I think Ewers will start Game 1 because Ewers will be the best QB we have. Card has not developed. We saw Sark go with Thompson, even though Thompson was injured. In his mind, an injured Thompson (on his throwing hand no less) was better than Card.

I think you under appreciate Card

both card and thompson were handicapped by injuries and a bad offensive line 

10 hours ago, Rotty22 said:

Where’s the fire?

The coaches know better than either of us

But if they make a mistake with Ewers by rushing him out too soon it will hurt him and the Texas program