Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Texas Portal News

Sirhornsalot

"We're confident Casey will end up at a place that appreciates his talents, leadership and work ethic," said Thompson's father, Charles Thompson, adding that Casey "has some strong Power Five options." From 247Sports.

Unfortunately it's now a business with NIL. Get your highest bidder young man.

10 minutes ago, Baron said:

"We're confident Casey will end up at a place that appreciates his talents, leadership and work ethic," said Thompson's father, Charles Thompson, adding that Casey "has some strong Power Five options." From 247Sports.

Unfortunately it's now a business with NIL. Get your highest bidder young man.

No doubt he has talent and a great work ethic. But the leadership seldom showed itself.

16 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

How do you know they are suspect? They haven't even finished being counted yet.

You might be glad that you have a new QB after last year.

Am glad for a super QB but he still has to prove it

If you think true freshmen enrolling in summer will improve OL (maybe a little) I own some ocean front beach here in Malta I will sell you. 

Am thrilled with OL signees shame more did not enroll early.

Once Ewers committed, I expected Casey to transfer and follow through this time.  I hope Card stays for another season.  Card wasnt ready this year but he should be much better with some time to develop. However, it's foolish to think anyone is going to start other than Ewers.  Whomever hits the deep passes and corners the best & not turn the ball over will start.

5 hours ago, UTfish said:

You're probably right, but I hope Card stays. It'll be another year before our OL is up to par. All our eggs are in one basket if he leaves. If Ewers gets hurt or just doesn't pan out, we'd better hope that Wright is right or Maalik is a fast learner.

If our Oline isn’t drastically better the QB won’t matter. 

13 hours ago, dillohorn said:

Thompson did not want to face competition. That is sad.

I don't think that is a fair comment at all.  He was a competitor all year, gave his all and played through an injured thumb.  We wouldn't have been as competitive without him this last year, yet he got plenty of criticism from many fans.  If you saw the photos of his thumb and thought about the difficulty of stepping up and playing, but not getting the support from the fans, most people would likely leave.  I don't believe for a moment that he is afraid of quarterback competition.  My hats off to the guy and I thank him

1 minute ago, Basis Points said:

I don't think that is a fair comment at all.  He was a competitor all year, gave his all and played through an injured thumb.  We wouldn't have been as competitive without him this last year, yet he got plenty of criticism from many fans.  If you saw the photos of his thumb and thought about the difficulty of stepping up and playing, but not getting the support from the fans, most people would likely leave.  I don't believe for a moment that he is afraid of quarterback competition.  My hats off to the guy and I thank him

Well Done Reaction GIF