Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Texas Portal News

Sirhornsalot

General portal question.

I understand that you can sign up to an additional 7 from high school recruits, but what I don't know is if portal transfers have any cap.

Let's say you lose 20 players to the portal,  then as I understand it you could get an extra 7 high school players. Let's say you sign an additional 7 high school players,  would you then be able to pick up an additional 13 players from the portal? Obviously you still need to stay under the 85 limit. If not then allot of athletes entering the portal will not find teams. 

18 minutes ago, tejasrulz said:

Dang, was really hoping he would stay. Kid played with heart, wish him well.

Yeah. I think it's important to have someone that has experience. I would be fine with Casey starting. Wish he would have at least went through Spring to see if he was still #1. This makes me really nervous.

43 minutes ago, dssl said:

General portal question.

I understand that you can sign up to an additional 7 from high school recruits, but what I don't know is if portal transfers have any cap.

Let's say you lose 20 players to the portal,  then as I understand it you could get an extra 7 high school players. Let's say you sign an additional 7 high school players,  would you then be able to pick up an additional 13 players from the portal? Obviously you still need to stay under the 85 limit. If not then allot of athletes entering the portal will not find teams. 

As I inder stand it only a one time7 extra to be taken .Does not matter if you lose 50 To portal still only 7 Plus this 7 counts as a ship.

Rule was passed to help teams that lost a lot of playerd aka Tenn. to help get rosters back up to par.

54 minutes ago, RickyFlair said:

I bet Card isn’t far behind 

You're probably right, but I hope Card stays. It'll be another year before our OL is up to par. All our eggs are in one basket if he leaves. If Ewers gets hurt or just doesn't pan out, we'd better hope that Wright is right or Maalik is a fast learner.

14 minutes ago, UTfish said:

You're probably right, but I hope Card stays. It'll be another year before our OL is up to par. All our eggs are in one basket if he leaves. If Ewers gets hurt or just doesn't pan out, we'd better hope that Wright is right or Maalik is a fast learner.

whichever is the case, we'll have a first year starter with basically no experience. That spells growing pains. Portal may help. 😑