Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Texas Portal News

Sirhornsalot

4 hours ago, Ntx dog said:

I say Thompson's grade is incomplete. He was fine and on the road to setting UT passing records in only his 5-6 game as starter until he hurt his thumb. Add our trash OL and trash WR's other than Worthy and there you have it.

Maybe but then again the competition he played against before his thumb injury doesnt say much about his skill either.  Rice, Tech and TCU all have a combined record of 15-21.  Only tech is bowl eligible of those three. 

It may be his thumb but I would much rather have an experienced QB on the roster.  I am not a fan of either Casey or Hudson.  Neither of these guys impress me.  I do agree its hard to tell when WR drop so many passes and the OL cant give the QB protection.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

Casey will be just fine with a healthy thumb and improved OL.

On trashy WR S  Whitt. and Washington says hi.

Horns 6 or 5 OL portal about half of them

Also need 5 or 4 DBS

Also 3 WRS 

And a lot to go portal to make room

I wouldn't mark Casey down in pen for next year's roster.

1 hour ago, DMAC said:

Maybe but then again the competition he played against before his thumb injury doesnt say much about his skill either.  Rice, Tech and TCU all have a combined record of 15-21.  Only tech is bowl eligible of those three. 

It may be his thumb but I would much rather have an experienced QB on the roster.  I am not a fan of either Casey or Hudson.  Neither of these guys impress me.  I do agree its hard to tell when WR drop so many passes and the OL cant give the QB protection.

I think you're underselling Tech. Tech almost beat Baylor this weekend. Kick sailed wide at the buzzer. They've played some good football this year. TCU wasn't bad until the Patterson Fiasco. Rice, we play to keep a presence in Houston. They were on the schedule, we handled our business with them.

Oh boy, next year we get Bama in the pre-conference. I suppose this is as good a time as any to play them. Their defense looks like it can be had.

2 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I think you're underselling Tech. Tech almost beat Baylor this weekend. Kick sailed wide at the buzzer. They've played some good football this year. TCU wasn't bad until the Patterson Fiasco. Rice, we play to keep a presence in Houston. They were on the schedule, we handled our business with them.

Oh boy, next year we get Bama in the pre-conference. I suppose this is as good a time as any to play them. Their defense looks like it can be had.

True but then again TCU beat Baylor, we beat TCU and Baylor beat ou.  Its been a weird year to say the least. 

say-what-dunno.gif

26 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

A stat none of us thought we would ever see.  

Sacks Allowed per Game

T62 Texas 2.2 (26 total)

T109 Alabama 3.0 (36 total)

6 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

Hope you are wrong. Then Texas has a history in lering the wrong QB go.

KeepingCard and Wright?

My take on the statement  is that neither Thompson or Card is here. That the staff could be looking for a upperclassman, like the UCF guy, and possibly  the Miller kid from OSU sorry Ohio State can't claim the unless every university can claim it.  He would be the back up with Murphy and Wright as 3rd/4th string at the start of the year deciding how the 3rd and 4th QB played out.