Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Texas Portal News

Sirhornsalot

3 hours ago, DBut82 said:

She said his birthday was recently and wished him a happy one but didn't talk about much else. I told her to let him know she heard he was transferring and give him a shout to see which way he's leaning. Hopefully he'll say something...

Now you're cooking with grease!

Keep us updated :)

11 hours ago, 605Longhorn said:

Ewers just announced in favor of Texas.  

I’m underwhelmed

If either or both hudson card and casey thompson remain at Texas they sill still be the best quarterback on opening day

I hope Sark is able to resist the pressure to start Ewers sooner rather than breaking him in gradually

I am more excited by the OL 5* recruits because no pocket passer can survive or thrive without protection

the better the protection the better the offense no matter who the QB is

and it goes without saying that we need a couple of dominating defensive line players also

all of which MIGHT allow Texas to compete for a Big 12 championship next year

8 minutes ago, Mac-7 said:

I’m underwhelmed

If either or both hudson card and casey thompson remain at Texas they sill still be the best quarterback on opening day

I hope Sark is able to resist the pressure to start Ewers sooner rather than breaking him in gradually

I am more excited by the OL 5* recruits because no pocket passer can survive or thrive without protection

and it goes without saying that we need a couple of dominating defensive line players also

I wouldn't be so sure.  A couple of years ago Ohio State had a full QB room as they always do.  Justin Fields transferred from Georgia after sitting on the bench all season as a freshman and having a starter ahead of him at Georgia for another year.  Fields had a pretty good redshirt freshman year; starting every game, leading Ohio State to the playoffs, and being a Heisman finalist.   

30 minutes ago, Mac-7 said:

I’m underwhelmed

Definitely more excited about the Oline.

Sark may feel some pressure to start Ewers,  but ultimately he will go with whichever QB he thinks gives us the best chance to win. 

1 hour ago, Mac-7 said:

I’m underwhelmed

I disagree with the assessment that Casey and Hudson are the better options.  Ewers just spent nearly a year in a CFB strength and conditioning program, he's fresh, and has legit arm talent.  I also think he may have the better football IQ of the three.  But, lets not leave out the project in Murphy.  Spring will be fun.

I'm not/can't blame him on cashing in when the money showed itself (dude made nearly 2 million to hang out).  Had the UIL fixed their issue with the NIL, Ewers would have been the SL QB this Fall.

I'd rather have him on campus fighting for the job than wondering what if....