Jordan Whittington
Myron Warren (probably portal)
Isiah Hookfin (injured-motorcyle crash)
Roschon Johnson
Chris Adimora
Braydon Liebrook
David Gbenda
Marcus Washington

That is all that is left (10 total) from the #3 2019 class that had 26 enrollees. This class should've been leading this group. Talk about isolating the problem

24 minutes ago, texbound said:

Jared Whiley
T'Vondre Sweat
Jordan Whittington
Myron Warren (probably portal)
Isiah Hookfin (injured-motorcyle crash)
Roschon Johnson
Chris Adimora
Braydon Liebrook
David Gbenda
Marcus Washington

That is all that is left (10 total) from the #3 2019 class that had 26 enrollees. This class should've been leading this group. Talk about isolating the problem

If only we had 10 Rojos we might be play in playoffs

Still, Texas has to be considered the favorite until proven otherwise. Steve Sarkisian has recruited Ewers for years – dating back to his time at Alabama – and Ewers grew up a Longhorn fan. Until I hear otherwise, I’d bet on Ewers to be in Austin.

https://247sports.com/Article/Transfer-portal-2022-Quinn-Ewers-Spencer-Rattler-Adrian-Martinez-Dillon-Gabriel-Eli-Ricks-177501199/

Edited by DMAC

This is an interesting segment about Ewers.  The basic takeaway seems to be 2 versions.  Either Quinn is a "its all about me" type of player who covets some NIL, no competition, easy pathway to playing time, no pressure, and familiarity with surroundings.   If thats true then Tech is the choice.  The other version is the one we relate to, basically a Sam Ehlinger.  Pride in Texas and home grown childhood fan, exceptional talent, etc.  After watching this video it makes you wonder if hes the "me" player then I dont want him.  If hes the Sam player you bet your ass I want him.  So if he chooses Tech then we probably know why.  I still cant get myself to believe a generational talent would actually want to go there.  It would be like a star high school player asking to leave the varsity to play on the jr varsity team.  Its ridiculous.  Anyways just my thoughts on it and I will still be shocked if didnt pick Texas.

BTW message to Jason when he says "Texas Tech is going to a bowl game so Texas cant turn their nose up to them".  Umm yea well this team that isnt going to a bowl game beat Tech's ass by 35 points and scored 70 points on tech so you can take that remark and stick it where the sun doesnt shine

Edited by DMAC

43 minutes ago, DMAC said:

This is an interesting segment about Ewers.  The basic takeaway seems to be 2 versions.  Either Quinn is a "its all about me" type of player who covets some NIL, no competition, easy pathway to playing time, no pressure, and familiarity with surroundings.   If thats true then Tech is the choice.  The other version is the one we relate to, basically a Sam Ehlinger.  Pride in Texas and home grown childhood fan, exceptional talent, etc.  After watching this video it makes you wonder if hes the "me" player then I dont want him.  If hes the Sam player you bet your ass I want him.  So if he chooses Tech then we probably know why.  I still cant get myself to believe a generational talent would actually want to go there.  It would be like a star high school player asking to leave the varsity to play on the jr varsity team.  Its ridiculous.  Anyways just my thoughts on it and I will still be shocked if didnt pick Texas.

BTW message to Jason when he says "Texas Tech is going to a bowl game so Texas cant turn their nose up to them".  Umm yea well this team that isnt going to a bowl game beat Tech's ass by 35 points and scored 70 points on tech so you can take that remark and stick it where the sun doesnt shine

I watched that whole video and I do get Jason's point about Tech making sense for someone that wants the, what I will call, easier path.  Less competition, less stress and carefree.  However, that is fine for someone that just wants to play college ball and that's it.  If his dream or goal is to play in the NFL then he better learn that intestinal fortitude somewhere. You think the NFL is not about competition. Ask Ryan Leaf about not being prepared for the pressures of the NFL. As a father, I would tell my son it's his choice, but don't just run away from something because you're scared and this is easier.  Things have a tendency of coming back around on you.  The bill always comes due. Is Texas a pressure cooker, you damn right it is.  Is it right? not at all, but that has always been the case. I won't hate the KID because he chooses not to come to Texas, not at all.  Wish him the best of luck and hope that someone is actually preparing him for harsh realities that are ahead of him. With all that said, I'll show myself out and watch how this thing unfolds. Door is on the left, right?

1 minute ago, texbound said:

I watched that whole video and I do get Jason's point about Tech making sense for someone that wants the, what I will call, easier path.  Less competition, less stress and carefree.  However, that is fine for someone that just wants to play college ball and that's it.  If his dream or goal is to play in the NFL then he better learn that intestinal fortitude somewhere. You think the NFL is not about competition. Ask Ryan Leaf about not being prepared for the pressures of the NFL. As a father, I would tell my son it's his choice, but don't just run away from something because you're scared and this is easier.  Things have a tendency of coming back around on you.  The bill always comes due. Is Texas a pressure cooker, you damn right it is.  Is it right? not at all, but that has always been the case. I won't hate the KID because he chooses not to come to Texas, not at all.  Wish him the best of luck and hope that someone is actually preparing him for harsh realities that are ahead of him. With all that said, I'll show myself out and watch how this thing unfolds. Door is on the left, right?

Take a seat and let this play out. Need a beer?

I am not saying he is a "me" player.  I dont know him.  I hope hes not because we dont really want those type of players at Texas.  He was the star QB at SLC and went to OSU where 5 star QB are delivered yearly, so I doubt hes afraid of competition. 

If I was betting its Texas.  I hope the kid comes and lures some croots with him

22 minutes ago, DMAC said:

I know its not portal related but was enjoying watching my old favs.  Eric Metcalf.  In case anyone is interested.  I still do not believe I have ever seen a more graceful runner.  His running style is undeniable. 

That was fantastic.  I loved watching him play and run.  I remember Earl Campbell and he was great but Eric was just graceful and so fluid.  It was like watching living poetry.  Thanks for sharing.

Also, SHA I will take that beer from you and watch from the fenceline.

If the kid chooses the good guys, I'm encouraged that he's the kind of player that would be a good fit based on two observations. First, I trust that Sark wouldn't have continued recruiting him for years if he didn't have a good feeling about him fitting into his team. And second, it's clear that X Worthy, who I've learned to have a great deal of respect for this season, is a fan. At the end of the day, we all need to make our own decisions and live by them. I wish him well regardless of his choice.

8 hours ago, DMAC said:

I am not saying he is a "me" player.  I dont know him.  I hope hes not because we dont really want those type of players at Texas.  He was the star QB at SLC and went to OSU where 5 star QB are delivered yearly, so I doubt hes afraid of competition. 

If I was betting its Texas.  I hope the kid comes and lures some croots with him

How much of the Ohio St decision was made by his family and for money?  The thought of collecting the money, then transferring out after a year could’ve been the plan all along.  This whole recruitment was weird from the start.  That’s why I’m not wetting my undies over him

22 minutes ago, TexExSpur said:

Shock jock Ketch, dude is so full of shit.

I only know about him from the outside looking in. How plugged in is he and does he actually have validated sources?  Or is it more of I heard something and Im going to throw a lot of shit against the wall and see what sticks?

12 hours ago, DMAC said:

I know its not portal related but was enjoying watching my old favs.  Eric Metcalf.  In case anyone is interested.  I still do not believe I have ever seen a more graceful runner.  His running style is undeniable. 

Video is great. Whatever that "music" playing was is complete trash.

Not sure this is the correct thread for my questions.

Does the current academic semester have any bearing on when a player can safely enter the transfer portal?  Should a player wait until the current semester is complete?

Has a date been established for the actual move to the SEC? 

1 minute ago, gmcc said:

Not sure this is the correct thread for my questions.

Does the current academic semester have any bearing on when a player can safely enter the transfer portal?  Should a player wait until the current semester is complete?

Has a date been established for the actual move to the SEC? 

No. Though lots of players will finish out a semester at their school before enrolling in the new university. They can safely enter whenever they want.

No, date set for SEC move. 2025 at the latest. Lots of hints of it possibly being as soon as 2023.