Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I feel like talking up Texas Volleyball!

java

The basketball team is going to be good, really good, and so will the baseball team, but our winner RIGHT NOW is Texas Volleyball!

So, being a competitive Texan, I say, Bring It On!

Sark will figure out what’s going on with Football. Let him. Internet rumors don’t help anyone, particularly our program. 

Get ‘em, Ladies.

Java,

I've  missed something, thought they were ranked #1, but now they are ranked #2. Still a great team and should be there at the end, but did I miss something or was that something that the LHN lied about. Either way glad they havent  missed a beat with the new players and the replacing of kther players.

Wish the football team could get this.

4 hours ago, david ficken said:

Java,

I've  missed something, thought they were ranked #1, but now they are ranked #2. Still a great team and should be there at the end, but did I miss something or was that something that the LHN lied about. Either way glad they havent  missed a beat with the new players and the replacing of kther players.

Wish the football team could get this.

I'm not Java but they lost a game @ Baylor (who is in the Top 10) and Louisville is undefeated so they moved to #1.

On 11/21/2021 at 7:55 AM, java said:

The basketball team is going to be good, really good, and so will the baseball team, but our winner RIGHT NOW is Texas Volleyball!

So, being a competitive Texan, I say, Bring It On!

Sark will figure out what’s going on with Football. Let him. Internet rumors don’t help anyone, particularly our program. 

Get ‘em, Ladies.

Lots of programs on campus to be excited about. Soccer and Men's cross country finished in the top 20 this year after not being ranked at all last year. 

Volleyball, both swimming and diving teams, and men's hoops are ranked in the top 5. Both golf teams are top 10.

Tennis, track and field, baseball and rowing will be highly ranked come spring. 

The only exception so far this year is football really.

Volleyball begins it's journey towards a national championship this weekend with a few matches at Gregory Gym. They shouldn't have a hard time advancing to the sweet 16. First major challenge seems to come in the elite 8 round but they are a big time favorite to return to the final 4 once again.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/volleyball-women/article/2021-11-29/2021-di-womens-volleyball-tournament-bracket-predictions-every-match

9 minutes ago, Mac-7 said:

I have followed Texas Volleyball since last year when they advanced to the national title game but lost to Kentucky

Win or lose, as long as Melanie Parra is playing I’ll be watching 

Me, too. Last year I started watching and became a fan. Parra is da bomb.

When LHN goes away, I'm going to miss watching their matches.

19 minutes ago, Mac-7 said:

Thats the reason that women’s volleyball is more popular than the men

Well that and a lot more girls play volleyball than boys. I know in the Austin area you have some private schools that have boys teams but that's it. There is also club ball but only Austin Juniors offers it in the area. For girls, you have middle and high school teams and a lot of different club teams. 

I will say watching the boys play is something. They play with a net ~1 ft taller than the girls and those boys can leap!