Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Opinions on what the future holds

2 hours ago, Basis Points said:

The biggest difference on the offense is Sark's desire to have speed at the WR versus Herman's preference for size.  Herman liked WR that had the size to block for the run game, but could not get open and are going for the jump ball.  Aside from DD, who was a decoy running downfield for three years until they moved him from the slot, Herman wasn't going after Lamb and Hollywood and it showed, but Sark wants run/pass balance in the offense unlike the Pirate who threw 60 passes per game because he couldn't get the talent to Lubbock.  Haven't a clue about defense.  The talk was aggressive, but 7yards off the line by DB is not aggressive or shows slow DBs relative to the WR.  

Herman let Ohio St come down here and pick the best in Texas at WR.

On 11/27/2021 at 10:07 AM, J.B. TexasEx said:

This past season looked a lot like post-Fulmer Tennessee to me. I can't imagine looking much worse. Longest losing streak since 1956.

Craptacular 

Not going to argue that. But, why do so many on Hornsports want to claim we have great players, and yet they show no desire to improve their work effort? Coaching? Then they better learn a better work effort to get into and stay in the NFL?  I would bet that you are like me that we both want to see better effort, energy,  and heart from the 3*stars to the 5* stars to get us better. If Sark can at least  change the attitude, heart, and desire; while getting us better talent even if he isn't here we can agree that he brought some form of Saban here and hopefully  his replacement will improve that? I hope though that if Sark has improved enough he gets another year, but no extension unless we are winning the SEC in a big way.

On 11/27/2021 at 5:08 PM, jrcruz1026 said:

Kinda wish Harsin was our coach, he’s had a rough first year too, but he will take Auburn places, you see the growth

I had this thought myself as well.  His teams have always been physical.  He also got crossed with Mack a few times over practices being too soft. 

On 11/27/2021 at 6:35 PM, J.B. TexasEx said:

Michigan stunk last year during Covid, but he never went 5-7 over a full season. 

Sark's overall record pales by comparison

His first two years at Stanford he did.  Harbaugh was an established head coach when he got to Michigan.  He started as a head coach in 2004.  Coached Stanford up from nothing.  Took San Francisco to the Super Bowl.  Played college football at Michigan and was ready to go home to revive Michigan football.

We have to give Sarkisian a minute.    

29 minutes ago, Wayne said:

His first two years at Stanford he did.  Harbaugh was an established head coach when he got to Michigan.  He started as a head coach in 2004.  Coached Stanford up from nothing.  Took San Francisco to the Super Bowl.  Played college football at Michigan and was ready to go home to revive Michigan football.

We have to give Sarkisian a minute.    

You're right - I should've prefaced @ Michigan. Like I've said, Sark will get at least 3 years just like Charlie. Despite what many on here believe, Sark didn't start "with nothing" if recruiting class rankings mean anything. 

Stanford isn't the pressure cooker UT is, either.

This was a pretty good watch. Not really sure who this guy is but showed up in my feed. 

Basically compared Saban's first year to Sark with two relevant quotes from Saban:

• "You guys are putting winning ahead of doing it right, and that's wrong"
  • "You can't get it right until the people are right"

At some point this season I got the feeling from Sark the whole year was in evaluation mode. I asked a question on another thread why there wasn't a full turnover via the portal last season, and the only real answer is he wanted to give everyone a chance and see how they performed for him. Of course that's no guarantee Sark will be on the same trajectory, but it does mean taking one season to clean house is completely reasonable.

Everyone wanted to get rid of the country club atmosphere and fix the culture... This is what looks like.

14 minutes ago, Captain Hookem said:

Basically compared Saban's first year to Sark with two relevant quotes from Saban:

• "You guys are putting winning ahead of doing it right, and that's wrong"
  • "You can't get it right until the people are right"

At some point this season I got the feeling from Sark the whole year was in evaluation mode. I asked a question on another thread why there wasn't a full turnover via the portal last season, and the only real answer is he wanted to give everyone a chance and see how they performed for him. Of course that's no guarantee Sark will be on the same trajectory, but it does mean taking one season to clean house is completely reasonable.

Everyone wanted to get rid of the country club atmosphere and fix the culture... This is what looks like.

Reaction Eye Roll GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

I do not get to watch all of our football games but the few I do see, one thing appears constant.  We are severely lacking in overall speed.  From week to week the opposing team seems much faster (and I do not mean only the elite teams).  Having watched some of the other conferences' championship games, we are slow.  I understand why our defensive backs get beat repeatedly.  It is not only our d backs but overall team speed, I think Sark understood this from the beginning, which is why he was so glad to get X.  Until we can sign exceptionable speed we will be a second tier football team.  Coaching can only marginally improve a player's quickness- that is God given.  Ask yourself why we have so few players drafted into the NFL.  I am No fan of Urban M. but when asked what was wrong with Texas, he said on national TV before he returned to coaching, that Texas had to get "better" players.  Nick S, not addressing Texas per say, said you cannot become elite until you get the people (players) right.  If given time Sark will turn Texas into a strong contender.

Edited by gmcc
spelling