Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Opinions on what the future holds

BTW, for anyone that still thinks Tom should be here, there are rumors he's texting players that are still on the team that he was "betrayed" by to talk trash. Cool right?

Even if it's not true, be honest, you can't totally dismiss it without a second thought. The simple fact that you are unable to do so tells you everything you need to know. Getting rid of him was the right call.

41 minutes ago, longhorn_mig said:

BTW, for anyone that still thinks Tom should be here, there are rumors he's texting players that are still on the team that he was "betrayed" by to talk trash. Cool right?

Even if it's not true, be honest, you can't totally dismiss it without a second thought. The simple fact that you are unable to do so tells you everything you need to know. Getting rid of him was the right call.

Until it's a fact and not a rumor, then absolutely I can dismiss it without a second thought. So, no, it's not a simple fact that I am unable to so, i.e. dismiss it. 

20 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Until it's a fact and not a rumor, then absolutely I can dismiss it without a second thought. So, no, it's not a simple fact that I am unable to so, i.e. dismiss it. 

I think he's saying it sounds like something Tom Herman would do. Remember the bowl win over Mizzou. What a child.

As far as LBS go read that that was part of trouble on defense. PK can not settle on defense he wants to run. Started with 2-4-5 then zJonesinju 

rywent to  3-3-5 sometime 4-2-5 and this keeps players confused

Just some writeridea.

5 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

Count the LBS room almost as crowded as DL. Its talent not depth.

If you don't have talent behind the walk-on, then you don't have depth. You have warm bodies. Here's a rundown of the LB room.

David Abiara – freshman

Ayodele Adeoye – we encouraged him to transfer. it didn't work.

Morice Blackwell Jr. - freshman, promising in limited action.

Luke Brockermeyer – he's great on special teams

Jett Bush – Seriously.

Terrence Cooks II – portal

Ben Davis – average, at best

Prince Dorbah – I've never seen him play a down at Texas. RS Freshman

Jaylan Ford – Sophomore who has come on late. One of the few players who have gotten better at their job.

David Gbenda – So far, a liability.

D.J. Harris Jr – Freshman

Jaden Hullaby – I don't hear much about him, which sums up this group fairly well as a whole.

Ovie Oghoufo – a decent player who seems to be winning time over Davis.

DeMarvion Overshown – converted safety, senior

Devin Richardson – jr from New Mexico State. I can't recall seeing him in the game so far.

Barryn Sorrell – A freshman. Has seen limited time and looked okay.

Ray Thornton – Pretty average, which would explain his lack of PT at LSU

Marcus Tillman, Jr. – Has simply never been the same since his injury. I don't think he'll ever start here.

I have a roster chart always beside the recliner. But thanks for info and evaluation of LBS.

Will just have to agree on disagree on word depth 

Maybe quality or quanity would be better.

I see depth as numbers at a position and others see it as talent in players

18 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

I have a roster chart always beside the recliner. But thanks for info and evaluation of LBS.

Will just have to agree on disagree on word depth 

Maybe quality or quanity would be better.

I see depth as numbers at a position and others see it as talent in players

Agree, but those numbers are worthless if they can't play. Again, a walk-on came in and won the job in the middle.

So, if 20-25 guys were to leave and the staff believes that they could get 32-33 or more to come here. Guessing that 95% won't be just warm bodies that Herman liked to do. I'm  good with that plus by what I understand is that those that go to the portal get a 1 time free pass, meaning that if they can't find another team they could come back, but it's up to the staff as to whether they are allowed back on to the team or have a scholarship back. But if they go back unless a new team takes them on the team they are leaving doesn't have to take them back whatsoever. Plus new rules are allowing teams that lose X number of players in the portal they can sign upto 32 players whether recruits that would be freshmen or some from the portal.

Just think what the offense might look like next year with  XW on ome side with Whitt., and possibly Thompson or A. Hall via Alabama  backed up by Winfield ( till he decommits), Thompson and Washington ( who finally showed that he can be a top flight receiver this past weekend).  With B. Robunson, A. Miller, K. Robinson, RoJo, Blue, and RoJo. as the top 5 rbs in some order.  The OL betting on Flood and Sark to figure this out.

It is so weird how so few of you remember Sark opening press conference. He said them was as close to being the 8-5 that could have be 2-7 as 9-3?.

Stop thinking that putting a new burnt orange lipstick version on a pig makes it better and understand the stink of the pig that needs Earl to make it into hot links and fix the underperforming "blue chippers"  believing in being average. Let's see if this staff can fix and developed the "blue chippers" into what we think they are and should be performing at. It's  amazing that some of you think these coaches lost their coaching abilities at the borders of Texas or as they enter into Austin city limits.

Got to get classes that stay as much intacted as an Alabama does to have the leadership they have each year.  Just so everyone knows Mac Jones was a star QB that was in the same class with Tua. Yet, he was as important a team leader last year as anyone else on that team.  Let that sink in.

On 11/16/2021 at 5:04 PM, longhorn_mig said:

I find this very hard to believe. Getting rid of Herman was only the "right call" if we had a game-changer like Urban in the bag. Unfortunately, I doubt Sark is that guy.

You'd see this screenshots posted on social media somewhere if it was happening.

13 minutes ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

I find this very hard to believe. Getting rid of Herman was only the "right call" if we had a game-changer like Urban in the bag. Unfortunately, I doubt Sark is that guy.

You'd see this screenshots posted on social media somewhere if it was happening.

I don't know if he has or not, but I wouldn't put it past him. This is the guy who made a fool of himself by trying to show up a QB on the other sideline. He is capable of that kind of juvenile behavior.

Just now, Sirhornsalot said:

I don't know if he has or not, but I wouldn't put it past him. This is the guy who made a fool of himself by trying to show up a QB on the other sideline. He is capable of that kind of juvenile behavior.

He also flipped double-birds at the LHN camera on NSD, too. He's capable, but not that reckless. Not when future HC employment is on the line. 

If Sark can recover from alcoholism, Herman is smart enough to clean up his act too.

21 minutes ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

Herman had to go. The Texas Bowl backpack fiasco. Wanting to fight The Mullet. The double bird on signing day. And last but not least the defiance of the EOT decision.

6 minutes ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

He also flipped double-birds at the LHN camera on NSD, too. He's capable, but not that reckless. Not when future HC employment is on the line. 

If Sark can recover from alcoholism, Herman is smart enough to clean up his act too.

I'm sure he is. But Sark following through after recognizing his problem doesn't mean Tom Herman has done the same. What I learned about Tom Herman during his time here was while I'm sure on some scale he's MENSA, he did some pretty stupid shit here.

1 minute ago, Baron said:

Herman had to go. The Texas Bowl backpack fiasco. Wanting to fight The Mullet. The double bird on signing day. And last but not least the defiance of the EOT decision.

Meh

He could've issued a public apology for his juvenile behavior, gone into rehab for alcohol or sex addition...whatever, and come out clean. I agree that the EOT decision was probably the deal-breaker for WTH. No, I don't miss him. Just wish we could've done better than Sark. 

3 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I'm sure he is. But Sark following through after recognizing his problem doesn't mean Tom Herman has done the same. What I learned about Tom Herman during his time here was while I'm sure on some scale he's MENSA, he did some pretty stupid shit here.

No argument on that point.

For MENSA he did a bunch of stupid, juvenile shit. The UH grill should've been a red flag.