Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Opinions on what the future holds

4 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

But my point was, what you are proposing would not have been effective. And it would be wrong to expect that out of him for the reasons I stated.

We will never know. I would have swung my balls and tried it. It's been over a month since we lost Witt, plenty of time to adapt to a new slot.

3 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

Plenty of time to teach KRob. He makes Whitt look like he's running in sand.

We actually have a Hot Thread on this forum. And no name calling. Thanks fella's. We don't all have to agree.

You can't coach hands. The word is KRob doesn't do well catching passes. And you're going to make that his primary focus?

And no, he doesn't make Whitt look like he's running in sand. Whitt is fairly fast.

We seem to be spending most of our time correcting what you say. lol

I think the future holds more shit-shows while Sark is HC, unfortunately.

This is unprecedented futility - 5 straight losses, including to KU as a 30-point dog. No, I don't know what the answer is with a soft HC market and too many big time, open jobs. My guess is CDC and UT cigars let Sark linger for 3 years, minimum, just like Charlie.

Hopefully, Traylor is ready for the big time by then since it appears we're grooming him for the job @ UTSA. I'll work on my golf game and go fishing more often in the meantime. 

1 minute ago, Sirhornsalot said:

You can't coach hands. The word is KRob doesn't do well catching passes. And you're going to make that his primary focus?

And no, he doesn't make Whitt look like he's running in sand. Whitt is fairly fast.

We seem to be spending most of our time correcting what you say. lol

Let him try. If not him, Money would be on the field for me. Slow and small, but great hands, great moves to get open and knows how to come back to a QB in trouble.

I know it's hard for you, that our beloved team has lost 5 in a row and broken all the wrong records. I do admire you sticking to your guns, even if you are wrong.

1 hour ago, longhorn_mig said:

Honestly, the only times we have not been in games this season is when Card has gotten extended, meaningful playing time.

Except for our 1 win against a ranked team this year, with LaLa.

The stated plan was to rotate QB's every 2 possessions. Sark kept Card in for a 3rd that ended in a pic 6. I really wonder if Washington was supposed to be running a curl or streaking? I think there's a good chance Washington ran the wrong route.

1 hour ago, Johnny Depp said:

Let him try. If not him, Money would be on the field for me. Slow and small, but great hands, great moves to get open and knows how to come back to a QB in trouble.

I know it's hard for you, that our beloved team has lost 5 in a row and broken all the wrong records. I do admire you sticking to your guns, even if you are wrong.

How about no?

1 hour ago, Eastexhorn said:

Well consense seems to be keep all coaches, and let 15 or more players go.. Hope it works.

I still think offense is ok.

Defense with most of same players has regressed. No excuse!

Time will tell and that is runing out.

Agree on both sides.

Offense was putting up points when everyone was healthy and before the collapse. We were up three scores on OU before the bottom fell out. Even since then, there's been times of great success but remember, OU game is where we lost our starting OG and Casey hurt his thumb.

Defense . . I'll start with the DL, which was supposed to be an area of strength. It is not. We need to inject some new blood here.

LBs, Ford and Overshown are decent. The rest of them stink.

CBs are good athletes, but get beat their fair share. We do have promising depth here.

We have the worst Safeties in the Big 12, and its not close. Odd for a team that seemed to recruit the safety position the best.

posting just to be part of the schadenfreude

I cant wait for this senior class to be gone. I dont think a single one of them has lived up to expectations.  Players who should have been leaders during the summer workouts & through the season instead refused to participate in team functions until their demands were met. It has led to a leaderless player structure. The leaders and the hope rests with the young players 

Hopefully, some contributors can be had through the portal. too many positions of need so pretty much ANY player who had time as a starter, esp with P5 program, needs to be a consideration. 

53 minutes ago, jrcruz1026 said:

I'm a defense kinda guy, PK needs to take more risks and overload blitz sometimes; the Kansas game would have been a perfect game to try schemes that are "risky" bc you had a third string Freshman QB playing against your Def. The two high safety look on every play is getting stale. 

Can't agree more. I thought the same thing when Williams started the 2nd half of the OU game. Pressure, pressure, pressure. That was always my philosophy as a DC. Even more so when the back end was questionable at best. 

14 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Schooler sucks. He could have ended the game by catching a ball that hit him square in the chest. Game over, man.

But noooooo

And he used to be a WR which makes it even worse  

14 hours ago, Johnny Depp said:

Let him try? Let him try? During a game? 

nathan fillion castle GIF

My emotions are all over the map with Texas right now as I fear us becoming Tennessee Vols after the Fulmer was fired as they still have never recovered or just like Nebraska when they moved over to the Big 10  their program was already in a down slide just like Texas and things are not working out well for them .  They may never be the team they were in the 70's thru the 90's .   I read yesterday that we may have as many as 33 scholarships available as so many current players are probably going to hit the portal .  I am not sure if I or any fan has the patience to wait until so many young recruits are developed as I have to believe there will be a lot of painful games that we have to sit thru during that time.  Like I said I all over the map when it comes to Texas and the future of it's football program.  

16 minutes ago, mctmatt said:

My emotions are all over the map with Texas right now as I fear us becoming Tennessee Vols after the Fulmer was fired as they still have never recovered or just like Nebraska when they moved over to the Big 10  their program was already in a down slide just like Texas and things are not working out well for them .  They may never be the team they were in the 70's thru the 90's .   I read yesterday that we may have as many as 33 scholarships available as so many current players are probably going to hit the portal .  I am not sure if I or any fan has the patience to wait until so many young recruits are developed as I have to believe there will be a lot of painful games that we have to sit thru during that time.  Like I said I all over the map when it comes to Texas and the future of it's football program.  

"I am not sure if I or any fan has the patience to wait until so many young recruits are developed as I have to believe there will be a lot of painful games that we have to sit thru during that time."

At 70 years old and having been a Longhorn fan since I was 9 years old, I definitely have the patience 🙂

Although, instead of the regression we have seen this year, it would be nice to see some progress sooner rather than later.

15 hours ago, Johnny Depp said:

Except for our 1 win against a ranked team this year, with LaLa.

The stated plan was to rotate QB's every 2 possessions. Sark kept Card in for a 3rd that ended in a pic 6. I really wonder if Washington was supposed to be running a curl or streaking? I think there's a good chance Washington ran the wrong route.

Yes, and how did he do against Arkansas the following week? The next time he played extended, meaningful time in a game was against Iowa State. How'd that go?

And I know what the stated plan was. I was saying that the Kansas game was the only time there has really been a rotation. It's not something that's been happening all season. The rotating plan was scrapped after Card fumbled on a sack that led to a TD, followed by a pick 6 thrown by Card.

Going back to my original argument, QB play is not why we lost to Kansas. Despite the rotation for part of the game, we put up 56 points. That should be enough to beat Kansas. Criticizing Sark for a QB rotation following the loss is misguided. The defense has been incapable of playing a full game for most of the season. If you want to criticize Sark, focus on him not assuming his role as a HC and holding PK accountable.

Is Sark the right coach? Don't know yet. But then again, I can't remember the last time Texas hired a football head coach that I thought was THE right coach. So I'll just stay on the sidelines and let the this play out. I will say I do trust the coaches to make the right decisions on player personnel.

As a former football coach (much lower level), I know they are making the best decisions on what they see in practice, games and film. I can't tell you how many times I've had parents and fans tell me X should be playing instead of Y. X is much bigger, faster and/or stronger. Yep, you're right X is much bigger, faster and/or stronger but he doesn't know how to tackle correctly or he doesn't like to tackle one on one. Sure he'll hit a guy when someone else has a hold of him but he rarely is the first person to the ball. Or he doesn't run the right routes so he ends up moving the defense to the area the primary receiver is supposed to be open. He doesn't know when to sit in a zone or keep going. There are a number of reasons why X isn't playing instead of Y. X may be a better athlete but that doesn't make him a better player. I'm not saying this is the reason some aren't playing. I'm giving the coaches the benefit of the doubt. After all, it's their job on the line.

47 minutes ago, hookemhorb said:

Is Sark the right coach? Don't know yet. But then again, I can't remember the last time Texas hired a football head coach that I thought was THE right coach. So I'll just stay on the sidelines and let the this play out. I will say I do trust the coaches to make the right decisions on player personnel.

As a former football coach (much lower level), I know they are making the best decisions on what they see in practice, games and film. I can't tell you how many times I've had parents and fans tell me X should be playing instead of Y. X is much bigger, faster and/or stronger. Yep, you're right X is much bigger, faster and/or stronger but he doesn't know how to tackle correctly or he doesn't like to tackle one on one. Sure he'll hit a guy when someone else has a hold of him but he rarely is the first person to the ball. Or he doesn't run the right routes so he ends up moving the defense to the area the primary receiver is supposed to be open. He doesn't know when to sit in a zone or keep going. There are a number of reasons why X isn't playing instead of Y. X may be a better athlete but that doesn't make him a better player. I'm not saying this is the reason some aren't playing. I'm giving the coaches the benefit of the doubt. After all, it's their job on the line.

Well don't you know that you should just try X in a game? Come on man, haven't you read the above posts?

BTW, just in case your sarcasm meter is broke, that was sarcasm big time.