Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Opinions on what the future holds

4 minutes ago, longhorn_mig said:

Sadly, with the QBs he inherited, it was his best option.

Also, come on man. We didn't lose Saturday night because of Casey. 56 points should be more than enough to beat Kansas. We have more wins this season with a competent defense that can play 4 quarters. That's on PK and some underperforming players, which in turn, is ultimately on Sark as the HC. You want to argue that issue, I'll admit that carries water. You want to argue that we don't have a HC because he's worried about the offense and isn't holding the DC accountable, I'm willing to hash that out.

But was rotating QB's the best option? 

We didn't lose because of CT11. We might have won if Card never played? Conversely, where would Card be now had he had a full season of learning, would we be making progress instead of regressing? No one knows. 

Our defense's effectiveness has been directly related to our offense's effectiveness. When they feel it's a lost cause they slack off, when they see scoring out of the O they get back in the game. It's human nature, the same way the fans walk out of the stadium. 

We had no business coming back in that game. Then when we do, an int. in the end zone should have ended it. Miraculously the D gets a stop, and we have timeouts. The O gets it in the end zone. After our team being dead man walking, we decide to kick the PAT. We could have ended it with 3 yards. Again in the OT we kick. We deserved to lose.

3 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

We didn't lose because of CT11. We might have won if Card never played? Conversely, where would Card be now had he had a full season of learning, would we be making progress instead of regressing? No one knows. 

Our defense's effectiveness has been directly related to our offense's effectiveness. When they feel it's a lost cause they slack off, when they see scoring out of the O they get back in the game. It's human nature, the same way the fans walk out of the stadium. 

We had no business coming back in that game. Then when we do, an int. in the end zone should have ended it. Miraculously the D gets a stop, and we have timeouts. The O gets it in the end zone. After our team being dead man walking, we decide to kick the PAT. We could have ended it with 3 yards. Again in the OT we kick. We deserved to lose.

Hindsight is a beautiful thing isnt it.

Had he gone for 2 and we failed you would have thrown your TV out. 

3 minutes ago, DMAC said:

I get it.  You dont like Sark and your argument is easy to make because we just lost to Kansas at home.  You may be right maybe Sark isnt the guy.  So what would you do?  Fire Sark and or staff?  Have him apologize to the players and fans and admit he was wrong as you said earlier.  Would that make you feel better?  Maybe have Coburn take over for Bo because Coburn doesnt buy into Sark? 

I don't know Sark from Adam. I just want a winning coach. 

If I was CDC, I'd call Sark in and tell him he's going to the booth as OC. His buyout is $21 million, and he ain't getting fired yet.

I'd make a move like TT and TCU and call in some assistants and ask them if they can adapt to the players on the roster or whoever we can recruit, or rather be fired. Offer someone (maybe an asst.?) an interim HC job with win now and 1 year contracts understood.

6 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

Personally, I didn't like rotating the QBs in the Kansas game. You know I firmly believe Casey should play if he's healthy. Card gave a full display of why I feel that way. Honestly, the only times we have not been in games this season is when Card has gotten extended, meaningful playing time.

Also, the Kansas game is really the only time you can say there was a "rotation" in a game, but it didn't last long. The rest of the games, there was either a QB coming in when the outcome had been decided or there was an injury. It's not like we've been playing musical chairs all season.

That said, even if we're playing musical chairs against Kansas, the offense put up 56 points. That should be more than enough to beat Kansas.

Finally, KU drove the ball on our defense from the get go and scored a TD on the first drive. So, did they decide to "slack off" before the offense took the field?

30 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

7 passing TD's says otherwise. 

When 1 goes down, it's next up. That's football. No injury excuses.

While "its next up" may be true, that does not mean the guy playing 2nd or 3rd string is supposed to be as good as the 1st string guy. No, you get a decline in performance with that replacement.

Thats not an excuse. Thats factual and its football.

7 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

While "its next up" may be true, that does not mean the guy playing 2nd or 3rd string is supposed to be as good as the 1st string guy. No, you get a decline in performance with that replacement.

Thats not an excuse. Thats factual and its football.

True, although If I were wearing the headsets, KRob would have been the slot WR. That is likely not a step down.

The 3rd string QB of Kansas says hello.

1 minute ago, Johnny Depp said:

He's on the payroll, what else is he gonna say? He's laughing his ass off. 

I'll take HIM on the sidelines any day. Groovin and Moovin while having his QB's run.

He didnt have to say anything at all.  So its a big conspiracy to Texas football suck again, right? 

4 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

True, although If I were wearing the headsets, KRob would have been the slot WR. That is likely not a step down.

The 3rd string QB of Kansas says hello.

No doubt. He's never played the position before. He doesn't know his routes or what the slot does on plays.

Oh yeah, you probably would just throw him in there and call that an upgrade. lol

2 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

No doubt. He's never played the position before. He doesn't know his routes or what the slot does on plays.

Oh yeah, you probably would just throw him in there and call that an upgrade. lol

Also, there were reports out of practice that he's not the greatest receiver out of the backfield. Who knows to what degree that's true, but possibly more reason Sark didn't toy with that idea.

1 hour ago, DMAC said:

Just so I am clear when Casey, hurt thumb and all, overthrows Worthy when hes wide open that is Sarks fault?  You could make the case Sark should know Caseys thumb is hurt but ffs he isnt the qb making the pass

IMO the QB's think the planned game plan plays are good, and the rest not.

7 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

It's a football. Throw and catch. Not rocket surgery. Run across the middle, get open and catch it when it comes your way, then do your thing. Athlete's 1st, position 2nd. Or do nothing effective and lose.

3 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

It's a football. Throw and catch. Not rocket surgery. Run across the middle, get open and catch it when it comes your way, then do your thing. Athlete's 1st, position 2nd. Or do nothing effective and lose.

SoggyBlushingAtlanticblackgoby.webp

4 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

I honestly think he could turn the locker room around. Not sure what title you would give him, but I would love to see him involved in strategery.

Shoot, when they named Gideon the Safeties Coach, I thought to myself, "If we're going that route, just let Michael Huff coach them up."

Edited by longhorn_mig

6 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

But my point was, what you are proposing would not have been effective. And it would be wrong to expect that out of him for the reasons I stated.

2 minutes ago, longhorn_mig said:

Shoot, when they named Gideon the Safeties Coach, I thought to myself, "If we're going that route, just let Michael Huff coach them up."

Couldn't help but think how ironic it was with Blake being the coach of Schooler dropping the game winner. 

To be fair, Schooler was one of our highlights.. He ranked highest at PFF.