Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Opinions on what the future holds

I look for no changes rest of season. No bowl game.

Look for 10-12 players to hit portal rest of year.

Look for turnover in defensive coaches. New Cord.

Will be interesting to see Sark gos after in portal and what position.

Dec. signing day should also be interesting. Early enrollments?

I truly don't understand why you would ditch PK and then hire Lake? Lake is PK's protege. You'd be getting the very same defense. How is that helping yourself?

I don't see a single change in the staff. I'm not sure you should.

We compare what other DCs did here, but not with this group of players. And that's the only way you can compare, fairly.

I'm not defending PK here. I just don't think one season is enough to assess and evaluate a coach who, up to now, had one of the best defensive reputations in the nation. He didn't get beat with a stupid stick. Its something else.

I think you'll see more than 10 abandon ship. This is a good thing, unfortunately.

Coburn will likely be one of them, I hear. I like Coburn somewhat. But he's not the "football player" that we'd hoped he'd be. I zeroed in on him during the last game. On one play, he got too involved with the blocker he was beating at the moment and took him straight back – as the running back with the ball ran right by him untouched. All Coburn would have had to do was stick his fat arm out there and he at least slows the runner down. But he was mentally wrapped up (mad, I suppose) so much that at the moment, he was only focused on the guy who was trying to block him.

What happened to "kill the man with the football?"

24 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I truly don't understand why you would ditch PK and then hire Lake? Lake is PK's protege. You'd be getting the very same defense. How is that helping yourself?

I don't see a single change in the staff. I'm not sure you should.

We compare what other DCs did here, but not with this group of players. And that's the only way you can compare, fairly.

I'm not defending PK here. I just don't think one season is enough to assess and evaluate a coach who, up to now, had one of the best defensive reputations in the nation. He didn't get beat with a stupid stick. Its something else.

I think you'll see more than 10 abandon ship. This is a good thing, unfortunately.

Coburn will likely be one of them, I hear. I like Coburn somewhat. But he's not the "football player" that we'd hoped he'd be. I zeroed in on him during the last game. On one play, he got too involved with the blocker he was beating at the moment and took him straight back – as the running back with the ball ran right by him untouched. All Coburn would have had to do was stick his fat arm out there and he at least slows the runner down. But he was mentally wrapped up (mad, I suppose) so much that at the moment, he was only focused on the guy who was trying to block him.

What happened to "kill the man with the football?"

I meant PK stays as DC and he brings Lake as an assistant; PK is staying

Personally I think we have to give it another year.  Rhule and Aranda won 3 games combined their first season.  Now if its a total shitshow next year then you make a move.  I am not impressed with PK or Sark at the moment but if key players have packed it in then what else can he do but clean shop. 

To some extent you might be right but if Casey or Card miss a wide open receiver is that on the coaches?  How about taking the wrong angles on defense?  Plenty of those to go around.  So Bo, Flood and Sark all suck as coaches.  Saban doesnt even need assistants, its all him.  Sorry but thats is wrong on so many levels its hilarious.

To be clear its the coaches responsibility but if the players dont play up to expectations learning a new offense, one which no one had a problem with until ou, or a new defense then its all the coaches.  That just doesnt fly.  So Sark just sucks that is why this team was 2 plays away from beating ou and osu and then this season looks different.  Come on.  You blame it all on the coaches but last time i checked it wasnt Sark over throwing Worthy on an open post route or Moore dropping TD pass that hit him in the damn hands.

The problem is there are so many variables in this equation and no one knows what percentage goes into each variable.  I do not hold the coaches blameless but again what would think of a 1-11 record (Rhule) or 2-7 record (Aranda).  Its pretty obvious to me would be screaming to fire them.

Edited by DMAC

Plenty of opinions to go around. I was onboard the "Sark is the problem" train long before it was cool. I didn't like his game management, still don't. I have been proven correct. I don't lay blame on the players or assistants, the fish stinks at the head.

We had great game plans written up, then Sark starts calling plays and it turns to shit. Makes an observer out of his OC. Loses his team more and more as he continues to lead them astray. They run his plays but don't believe in them being the right call. 

The D has had it's moments of stopping things. The O has had moments of greatness. When the O shits the bed, the D eventually loses the edge and plays half ass, as if it doesn't matter anyway.

32 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

... We had great game plans written up, then Sark starts calling plays and it turns to shit. Makes an observer out of his OC.

If scoring 56 points means "it turns to shit", I'm not sure how many points is good? In my book 56 points should be good enough to win a game.

The game I watched on Saturday saw the Texas team fight back. They tied it up in the first half and then fought hard to tie it again in the 2nd half. The D held Kansas in check most of the 2nd half to give them a chance to come back. Those 21 points at the end of the first half could have been a back breaker but it wasn't.

Now, this game was one of the worst I've seen Texas play in a long time but I didn't really see quit. I'm trying not remember the game not going to argue whose fault it was. I'd say there is enough blame to go around.

1 hour ago, Johnny Depp said:

They run his plays but don't believe in them being the right call.

Just so I am clear when Casey, hurt thumb and all, overthrows Worthy when hes wide open that is Sarks fault?  You could make the case Sark should know Caseys thumb is hurt but ffs he isnt the qb making the pass

9 minutes ago, DMAC said:

Just so I am clear when Casey, hurt thumb and all, overthrows Worthy when hes wide open that is Sarks fault?  You could make the case Sark should know Caseys thumb is hurt but ffs he isnt the qb making the pass

Missed and dropped passes and int's and fumbles are part of the game. The object is All Gas so that you have enough points to overcome the inevitable ball bouncing the wrong way.

As we saw, in spite of our concerns with the numb thumb, Sark thought it was his best option. If we don't play musical chairs maybe we have a winning season. He is the $60 million dollar QB guru who calls the plays and see's every practice.

Just now, Johnny Depp said:

Missed and dropped passes and int's and fumbles are part of the game. The object is All Gas so that you have enough points to overcome the inevitable ball bouncing the wrong way.

As we saw, in spite of our concerns with the numb thumb, Sark thought it was his best option. If we don't play musical chairs maybe we have a winning season. He is the $60 million dollar QB guru who calls the plays and see's every practice.

I understand that is part of the game.  I doubt anyone here holds the coaches blameless but according to your rational we lost to Kansas because the players dont believe in Sark yet they completely believed in him when we stomped Rice.  So what gives?  Whats the difference? 

I think the team for the most part gave up after Okie State game.  Both were close games, both were blown leads.  Does that mean the players gave up on Sark.  Maybe.  Doesnt appear Worthy has, kid has pride.  As for some of these guys I cant say the same.

2 hours ago, DMAC said:

To some extent you might be right but if Casey or Card miss a wide open receiver is that on the coaches?  How about taking the wrong angles on defense?  Plenty of those to go around.  So Bo, Flood and Sark all suck as coaches.  Saban doesnt even need assistants, its all him.  Sorry but thats is wrong on so many levels its hilarious.

To be clear its the coaches responsibility but if the players dont play up to expectations learning a new offense, one which no one had a problem with until ou, or a new defense then its all the coaches.  That just doesnt fly.  So Sark just sucks that is why this team was 2 plays away from beating ou and osu and then this season looks different.  Come on.  You blame it all on the coaches but last time i checked it wasnt Sark over throwing Worthy on an open post route or Moore dropping TD pass that hit him in the damn hands.

The problem is there are so many variables in this equation and no one knows what percentage goes into each variable.  I do not hold the coaches blameless but again what would think of a 1-11 record (Rhule) or 2-7 record (Aranda).  Its pretty obvious to me would be screaming to fire them.

J Witt's injury killed our passing game.

17 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

Sadly, with the QBs he inherited, it was his best option.

Also, come on man. We didn't lose Saturday night because of Casey. 56 points should be more than enough to beat Kansas. We have more wins this season with a competent defense that can play 4 quarters. That's on PK and some underperforming players, which in turn, is ultimately on Sark as the HC. You want to argue that issue, I'll admit that carries water. You want to argue that we don't have a HC because he's worried about the offense and isn't holding the DC accountable, I'm willing to hash that out.

Edited by longhorn_mig

5 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

7 passing TD's says otherwise. 

When 1 goes down, it's next up. That's football. No injury excuses.

I get it.  You dont like Sark and your argument is easy to make because we just lost to Kansas at home.  You may be right maybe Sark isnt the guy.  So what would you do?  Fire Sark and or staff?  Have him apologize to the players and fans and admit he was wrong as you said earlier.  Would that make you feel better?  Maybe have Coburn take over for Bo because Coburn doesnt buy into Sark?