Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GAME THREAD: Kansas Jayhawks @ Texas Longhorns

Body Language. Several players mentioned that they had been told to improve or be aware of their body language.

Sark has the worst body language of any coach I've ever seen. He is constantly squatting with his face in the clipboard and wearing the headset, although rarely speaking. He rarely engages with the players or the referee's. He is not the face of the program at all, he rarely shows his face, just staring at that damn clipboard. 

How do we let some 250 lb (maybe more) guy be two yards in the end zone uncovered on the game deciding two point conversion?  I mean really?  Should have been holding on the play but we never get those calls but if I’m a defensive back I am all over anything that comes into that end zone. We are back 2-3 yards off of them.  This isn’t some superstar athletic dude.  Schooler plays hard and is a good kid but ball hits him in the hands.  Make the catch and the game is over.  
We have a good class of DLinemen coming in and hope we can keep them.  We have GOT to get some guys that can get to the QB.  We need Portal help at LB and DB.  Couple of OL, couple of receivers and probably a QB.  We are going to see if Sark can fix this.  EVERYTHING needs to be evaluated.  

Man an epitome of a teammate, a warrior……..Bijan goes down and they’re walking him to the locker room and two or three times he looks back like he wants to stay.  He hated to leave his teammates at that point.  You could tell he hated to go to the locker room.  He prayed with Ehlinger on the sidelines last year against Colorado when Sam went out.  Great great kid.  

3 hours ago, Johnny Depp said:

Body Language. Several players mentioned that they had been told to improve or be aware of their body language.

Sark has the worst body language of any coach I've ever seen. He is constantly squatting with his face in the clipboard and wearing the headset, although rarely speaking. He rarely engages with the players or the referee's. He is not the face of the program at all, he rarely shows his face, just staring at that damn clipboard. 

Good grief.

8 minutes ago, TexCoyote said:

I know y’all don’t like him, but if they make a DC change Sark needs to call Patterson.  Make him say no before you start looking elsewhere.  

Add Orgeron in some capacity and we might be cooking with $EC type Crisco.

I have a high regard for CDC.  Therefore I am interested to see what he doesn’t about an obvious mistake he made.

General etiquette suggests you have to give a coach 3 years.  Does CDC sit and watch this trash fire for 3 years?  Or does he have the chops to break with convention and stop the profuse bleeding?

Does anyone want to suggest Sark might turn this around?   He has taken a team that played in November for a shot at the Big 12 championship, and turned them into the worst Texas team I’ve ever seen.  

8 minutes ago, 83Dee said:

Please correct errors and return my paper:

We just gave up 57 points to one of the worst D1 programs playing their 3rd string true freshman QB.... at home and took the L.

You forgot one thing.  Kansas did everything to give it away at the end as well and we still couldnt do it

5 minutes ago, 83Dee said:

I have a high regard for CDC.  Therefore I am interested to see what he doesn’t about an obvious mistake he made.

General etiquette suggests you have to give a coach 3 years.  Does CDC sit and watch this trash fire for 3 years?  Or does he have the chops to break with convention and stop the profuse bleeding?

Does anyone want to suggest Sark might turn this around?   He has taken a team that played in November for a shot at the Big 12 championship, and turned them into the worst Texas team I’ve ever seen.  

I suggest Sark will turn it around.   That November team is not the same one this season.   Had a seasoned QB and now don’t.   Let Sark have an opportunity to put a class together and see what he can do with the transfer portal.  

Depends on who and how many def. coaches is let go.Do not know who would be best hire, but any one would be better.

Room to get 10 players to enter portal abd not hurt depth.

Ball is in Sark's court lets see what he serves up.

14 minutes ago, UT1983 said:

I suggest Sark will turn it around.   That November team is not the same one this season.   Had a seasoned QB and now don’t.   Let Sark have an opportunity to put a class together and see what he can do with the transfer portal.  

I admire your optimism... and you might be a “better fan” than I.

Are you evaluating what you’re looking at on the field to suggest Sark will turn this around... or is that the fan inside of you drawing that conclusion? 

14 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

Depends on who and how many def. coaches is let go.Do not know who would be best hire, but any one would be better.

Room to get 10 players to enter portal abd not hurt depth.

Ball is in Sark's court lets see what he serves up.

I agree with you.... and your point makes me mad.  We HAD a very good defensive coaching staff.  Particularly the DC.  It is highly disturbing that they were unceremoniously dismissed and subsequently replaced with what we see now.  That has “in over his head” written all over it.

Sark is an excellent OC.  He seems to have risen to his level of incompetence.  

19 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Analyst can't recruit, can't go on the road.

12 minutes ago, 83Dee said:

I agree with you.... and your point makes me mad.  We HAD a very good defensive coaching staff.  Particularly the DC.  It is highly disturbing that they were unceremoniously dismissed and subsequently replaced with what we see now.  That has “in over his head” written all over it.

Sark is an excellent OC.  He seems to have risen to his level of incompetence.  

They can recruit on campus.  So we’ll keep him on campus.  As many recruits as Sark brings in each game week they could have O working the crowd. 

15 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Him or Patterson? Who do you talk to first?

Probably Patterson.

Odds Ash would have stayed at Texas as DC if offered:  90%

Odds Patterson comes to Texas as DC if offered:  5%

Disclaimer:  These odds were not arrived at via science, math or inside information