Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Bijan Transfer Rumors

30 minutes ago, jrcruz1026 said:

There is a discussion that is picking up steam on the radio waves of the possibility that Bijan transfers after this season; what is the over/ under on that possibility

To be clear, it is nothing but their own speculation, as it was mine the last two days when I posted I wouldn't be surprised.

The idea is being tossed around, but apparently not by Bijan that we know of.

1 hour ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

Agreed

D1 college football is now NFL Lite with the portal and NIL. Much less collegiate and likeable. Amateurism?

I think long term it'll actually benefit big donor schools like Texas; the NIL deal is so new but it will create less of an NFL environment and more of an MLB one that basically has no "salary cap"

3 hours ago, longhorn_mig said:

Texas' failure to maximize NIL right off the bat is insanely frustrating. I joined the Burnt Ends over at Surly that benefits the TE room. How is a message board being more proactive in NIL than the university? Drives me nuts.

Well, you and the others ain't getting much NIL bang for your buck this year. But, I'm sure the TE's appreciate your support. 

On 11/9/2021 at 6:08 PM, J.B. TexasEx said:

Can't say I blame him. Who wants to be a part of a total rebuild in his final college season?

Bijan didn't sign up for that.

I'm lost. How would this be a "total rebuild'?  Players graduate, transfer out and new ones come in every season.  Are you saying it would be a whole new coaching staff as well?

22 hours ago, PTA said:

I'm lost. How would this be a "total rebuild'?  Players graduate, transfer out and new ones come in every season.  Are you saying it would be a whole new coaching staff as well?

Regrettably, no, the coaching staff will probably be back.

Unless Eltife and his cronies insist on PK being sacrificed for the defense's performance this season. That could happen, I guess.

46 minutes ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

Regrettably, no, the coaching staff will probably be back.

Unless Eltife and his cronies insist on PK being sacrificed for the defense's performance this season. That could happen, I guess.

OK…but how is it a total rebuild?

29 minutes ago, jrcruz1026 said:

On the Horn, they were saying Overshown, Jamison, and a few other Seniors can potentially use their Covid option to come back another year

Both could use another CFB season, not that it's necessarily a boon for us. Unless, of course, they're eager to be late round NFL picks or UFAs. I'm gon get paid!

On 11/19/2021 at 10:28 AM, jrcruz1026 said:

Who are some other Potential Transfers out or leaving early for the NFL; I am hearing Jarrod Wiley, Coburn, and potentially some Oline ppl

Outside of Jake Majors, WTF would want any of our OL.

BiJan is a stand up kid, doubt he portals as it's clear they are making him the featured guy but we need to go all in on a BiJan 4 Heisman season ala Ricky as 2022 will be BR's last year on the 40.