Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Gut Check Time: Where does Steve Sarkisian go from here?

1 hour ago, longhorn_mig said:

This goes back to my prior argument. I don't think a coach can turn this program around. It's going to take a stud QB that's a leader and wills his team to victory. Mack wasn't Mack until he had VY and Colt.

There is no willingness to tolerate a running QB on game day or recruiting around here. In spite of all recent success coming behind the running of Vince, Colt and Sam, it seems to be an afterthought, not a priority.

On 11/15/2021 at 6:33 PM, Johnny Depp said:

There is no willingness to tolerate a running QB on game day or recruiting around here. In spite of all recent success coming behind the running of Vince, Colt and Sam, it seems to be an afterthought, not a priority.

Vince was a natural runner. And the best running QB I've seen. Still, he ran when the WRs were covered, not because of not having time.

Colt was not a runner, but had to become one due to the live-or-die situation he found himself in almost every play.

Sam was not a runner, but had to become one due to the live-or-die situation he found himself in almost every play.

2 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Vince was a natural runner. And the best running QB I've seen. Still, he ran when the WRs were covered, not because of not having time.

Colt was not a runner, but had to become one due to the live-or-die situation he found himself in almost every play.

Sam was not a runner, but had to become one due to the live-or-die situation he found himself in almost every play.

All of them refused to fail. Willpower made them refuse to accept 3 and out. No coach is going to bitch about you moving the chains and keeping a drive alive. Most of them kept their jobs because of it. I don't think any coach is going to give the green light, you just have to run the red light and pray it works so you get to stay on the field. That's how you end up with team leaders.

Texas over the years has two fan bases...the fair weather front runner kind that runs to Wal Mart to load up on UT swag when the team is winning and especially during the VY National Championship years, and then your dyed in the wool bleed burnt orange come hell or high water and expects  conference championships and runs at a NY6 bowl game or back in the day a BCS bowl game

right now both fan bases are lost, the hard core Texas fan is livid that the prospect of a losing season is a real possibility and the ridicule from Aggie fans, Techsters , and most of all Boomer Sooner nation is more than they care to contemplate...the fair weather fan is quick to jump on the Lynch mob pitch fork mentality because in many ways they are sheeple and easily influenced and swayed by the current status quo

Sark will pull out of this dumpster fire because unlike the previous admins he has a better understanding of what it takes to build and maintain the elite National program...Strong might have been UM's DC but it was evident he reached his ceiling as a coordinator...TH had lots of media buzz but when the rubber hit the road his teams underperformed

If UT fans can show some patience Sark can bring an exciting brand of football back to the Forty Acres, but one of the areas that never gets talked about is Texas recruiting, that needs to change and it needs to change this year...the 3 star and 4 star athlete just aint good enough anymore, we need All State bonafide blue chippers, we need a few Under Armour All American types and it sure wouldn't hurt to have an Elite 11 signal caller having UT on his short list of schools he wants to attend

I’m a firm believer that in college, you should give a coach 3-4 years before  firing him. Unless there are some off field issues that come up. You just need to give a coach time to recruit his personnel and get his systems in place.

I’m going to be patient and let Sark do what he does to see if he can right the ship.

Also, the transfer portal will take us to a place of chaos we have never seen in college football. It’s gonna be a mess and Sark and every coach in the NCAA is trying to understand and deal with it.

2 hours ago, Hiwood said:

Texas over the years has two fan bases...the fair weather front runner kind that runs to Wal Mart to load up on UT swag when the team is winning and especially during the VY National Championship years, and then your dyed in the wool bleed burnt orange come hell or high water and expects  conference championships and runs at a NY6 bowl game or back in the day a BCS bowl game

right now both fan bases are lost, the hard core Texas fan is livid that the prospect of a losing season is a real possibility and the ridicule from Aggie fans, Techsters , and most of all Boomer Sooner nation is more than they care to contemplate...the fair weather fan is quick to jump on the Lynch mob pitch fork mentality because in many ways they are sheeple and easily influenced and swayed by the current status quo

Sark will pull out of this dumpster fire because unlike the previous admins he has a better understanding of what it takes to build and maintain the elite National program...Strong might have been UM's DC but it was evident he reached his ceiling as a coordinator...TH had lots of media buzz but when the rubber hit the road his teams underperformed

If UT fans can show some patience Sark can bring an exciting brand of football back to the Forty Acres, but one of the areas that never gets talked about is Texas recruiting, that needs to change and it needs to change this year...the 3 star and 4 star athlete just aint good enough anymore, we need All State bonafide blue chippers, we need a few Under Armour All American types and it sure wouldn't hurt to have an Elite 11 signal caller having UT on his short list of schools he wants to attend

Pretty good post right here. Thanks.

I've noted several times that I'm 70 years old and have been a Texas fan ever since I was 9 so it's pretty safe to say that you can put me in the "dyed in the wool bleed burnt orange' category. That being said, you can put what CDC said in the category of "I'm not making excuses but I'm making excuses". All he did was make excuses. Don't make excuses. 

I said earlier on a thread to burn it down. I meant the roster. A bit drastic I know, but I really need to see some player movement this offseason. We know there are some bad apples on the team. It would make me feel like Sark is really trying to change the culture.

I also hope there are some scheme changes. I don't want to see some Hermanesque stubbornness or arrogance.

On 11/16/2021 at 11:31 PM, Johnny Depp said:

All of them refused to fail. Willpower made them refuse to accept 3 and out. No coach is going to bitch about you moving the chains and keeping a drive alive. Most of them kept their jobs because of it. I don't think any coach is going to give the green light, you just have to run the red light and pray it works so you get to stay on the field. That's how you end up with team leaders.

So, the what 60 times of the power qb run that Sam ran causing loss of yards was willpower? Or refusal to fail or the fact that he and every team knew what was coming😀!   And yes Herman gave him the multiple green lights for the failures 😣 of 2nd and 1 and 3rd and 3 and 4 and 3 over the last 2 years 😣

Vince knew how to run the zone read both effectively and efficiency made him one of the best zone read QB in the history of the zone read.

Colt was a great QB in moving around both inside the pocket and leaving the pocket when needed to make plays.

In the last year of Sam he learned how to use his legs helped to make playes like Colt. 

See when your post can be corrected and you keep changing the outsome.  We know that you don't know what you are talking about and not a true fan. Team leaders are those that are on the field trying to win even  if not 100% to make your own teammates see that you  aren't giving up and neither should they. Thus why a leader should be Worthy in this team and welll as C. Thompson both are hurt and yet neither will show quit, but Coburn, Foster, and others on both sides of thr ball whether defensive  or offensive showed quit. These last 2 games will decide how much heart and desire this team has to not be a failure like others or if they are more concerned with being social justice warrior crap and quit is part of the social justice B.S. to the team failures?🤔

17 hours ago, Grandpa Zorro said:

I’m a firm believer that in college, you should give a coach 3-4 years before  firing him. Unless there are some off field issues that come up. You just need to give a coach time to recruit his personnel and get his systems in place.

I’m going to be patient and let Sark do what he does to see if he can right the ship.

Also, the transfer portal will take us to a place of chaos we have never seen in college football. It’s gonna be a mess and Sark and every coach in the NCAA is trying to understand and deal with it.

Sark will get his 3 years, minimum, just like Charlie barring any off the field embarrassments.

I'll be very surprised if he doesn't.

16 hours ago, Johnny Depp said:

I know it's hard for you to understand, but I'm talking about THIS year. 

No, I understand just fine. It's you that DON'T like FACTS put in your simple little mind.  

It's good though, maybe the mods should just give you our own personal club that is closed just to you so you can MASTER DEBATE YOURSELF AND YOUR POSTS!  Works for me.  

Fire Sark soon and the only hire to replace him would be an unemployed warm body that no one else wants. The days of UT getting anyone it sets its eyes on are over. Only an idiot would leave a worthwhile job to come here after seeing Sark being fired. Sark was handed roster of bad athletes with a soft entitlement attitude and a few good ones that bought in. This was compounded by injuries (especially Witt). Thompson and Card would not start at any other premium program. Sark just all of a sudden did not become a bad coach, just as M Diaz didn't either (Brown would not let Diaz run Diaz's D). If Sark can't fix this program maybe it just can't be fixed.

5 hours ago, david ficken said:

No, I understand just fine. It's you that DON'T like FACTS put in your simple little mind.  

It's good though, maybe the mods should just give you our own personal club that is closed just to you so you can MASTER DEBATE YOURSELF AND YOUR POSTS!  Works for me.  

Says the guy who posts in the middle of the night.

12 minutes ago, dillohorn said:

Fire Sark soon and the only hire to replace him would be an unemployed warm body that no one else wants. The days of UT getting anyone it sets its eyes on are over. Only an idiot would leave a worthwhile job to come here after seeing Sark being fired. Sark was handed roster of bad athletes with a soft entitlement attitude and a few good ones that bought in. This was compounded by injuries (especially Witt). Thompson and Card would not start at any other premium program. Sark just all of a sudden did not become a bad coach, just as M Diaz didn't either (Brown would not let Diaz run Diaz's D). If Sark can't fix this program maybe it just can't be fixed.

Yep, who would want to live in the Austin economy on only 5-10 Million a year. Nobody would take that job.

18 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

Yep, who would want to live in the Austin economy on only 5-10 Million a year. Nobody would take that job.

only the unemployed guy I was talking about. Enjoy being stuck in traffic today with all of the Calif refugees and woke society.