Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Time to panic for Texas football fans? Or are better days ahead under Steve Sarkisian?

19 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:
19 hours ago, dillohorn said:

I just blocked him. Got tired of seeing his tired dribble.

You take this shit way too seriously, lol. 

* drivel

I like the passion many of y'all have for Texas Football, but it shouldn't get so contentious we're making personal attacks. All we have is opinions on what's wrong. Is it the players lack of talent, effort, and commitment? Is it the coaches poor management and decision-making? Some combination of both?

I was one of the fools who bought into the preseason hype who thought this roster had the potential to go 9-3. Boy, was I wrong. Especially about the overrated DL. I never imagined this is a 4-8 team, but it is what it is - disappointing.

Sark's got his work cut out for him. I don't think he's the guy to get it done after watching this season unfold, but hopefully he'll surprise us. Hook 'em

1st year coach without a big contract or name identity. 

South Carolina: Many clowned the Gamecocks for hiring an apparent pure recruiter who hadn't been a front-facing coach as head coach -- most of all me. But just 11 games into Shane Beamer's tenure, I'm already eating crow. Beamer took what once appeared as one of the worst situations in the SEC and pushed all the right buttons to reach a bowl game in his first season. He managed a 21-17 win over Auburn perfectly and kept everyone on the same page in what should have been a loss to Vanderbilt. Beamer has rolled with the punches, and his program has followed. He deserves all the credit in the world. 

from 247sports forum:

Chris Peterson had no issues winning big at Washington. Sark couldn’t. And Peterson didn’t take over a sark program and immediately win. That’s part of the myth of Sark. He left Peterson a mediocre program. It took Peterson three years to clean up the mediocrity he inherited.

Sark is a great offensive coach at Alabama. He got canned by the Falcons after he took over the #1 NFL offense. He wasn’t lighting up scoreboards at Washington. Part of the myth as well.

I give Sark credit for taking over a zero win program and making them mediocre. But how does that experience translate to taking over an 8-9 win Texas program and making us a championship program? Through year 1 his past experience hasnt meant anything. Sark is what his record says he is. He’s almost coached 100 games a head coach and he’s won about half of them.

I wish I could “trust the process” but I see nothing in sarks past to make me believe he’s going to make Texas a championship contender and a blind man could see this team is getting worse as the year goes on. But as I’ve said, we can’t fire him so the best thing we can do is just sit around a hope that he becomes a better head coach than he’s historically been.

Also. Sark absolutely took over Kniffins offense at Bama the first time around. Sark was the OC for the national championship game Bama lost to Clemson. Then he went to the NFL and was fired.

This post was edited by JPHORN05 18 hours ago

4 hours ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

* drivel

I like the passion many of y'all have for Texas Football, but it shouldn't get so contentious we're making personal attacks. All we have is opinions on what's wrong. Is it the players lack of talent, effort, and commitment? Is it the coaches poor management and decision-making? Some combination of both?

I was one of the fools who bought into the preseason hype who thought this roster had the potential to go 9-3. Boy, was I wrong. Especially about the overrated DL. I never imagined this is a 4-8 team, but it is what it is - disappointing.

Sark's got his work cut out for him. I don't think he's the guy to get it done after watching this season unfold, but hopefully he'll surprise us. Hook 'em

On the contrary, I blocked him because I don't take him seriously. His never ending mass production of posting is a waste of my time. I used the word dribble because we use "dribble" as a term meaning nothing is getting accomplished.

3 hours ago, dillohorn said:

On the contrary, I blocked him because I don't take him seriously. His never ending mass production of posting is a waste of my time. I used the word dribble because we use "dribble" as a term meaning nothing is getting accomplished.

"His never ending mass production of posting is a waste of my time."

We have just about the same amount of posts on here, lol. And, while I'm sure I've poked fun at you, I'm pretty sure that I've never actually insulted you. Just not going to get bent out of shape about something someone posts on here. Hell, I would have a beer or drink with you right now. 

3 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

We have just about the same amount of posts on here, lol. And, while I'm sure I've poked fun at you, I'm pretty sure that I've never actually insulted you. Just not going to get bent out of shape about something someone posts on here. Hell, I would have a beer or drink with you right now. 

Okay, party at NTG's house!

12 hours ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

* drivel

Where's the fun in that?

Being civilized about football is like saying Mackovic was your favorite coach.  Wine/cheese coach. 

We all agree the program has been bad for more than a decade.  Some blame the coaches, some blame the players, some blame the BMDs but truth is probably a mixture of everything.  

c5c9e867-73c7-4c1b-a8e0-cc0e0e4b95ed?bas

17 minutes ago, DMAC said:

Where's the fun in that?

Being civilized about football is like saying Mackovic was your favorite coach.  Wine/cheese coach. 

We all agree the program has been bad for more than a decade.  Some blame the coaches, some blame the players, some blame the BMDs but truth is probably a mixture of everything.  

c5c9e867-73c7-4c1b-a8e0-cc0e0e4b95ed?bas

Mixture of everything including the University as a whole. It's become Cal-Berkeley East

Professors poisoning the well claiming the EOT is racist. How ridiculous can they get? Keep 'em away from our football players. 

https://www.si.com/college/texas/news/texas-football-new-standard-revealed-steve-sarkisian-west-virginia-loss-big-12-news

Texas athletic director Chris Del Conte released a statement in his weekly newsletter that he believes in Sarkisian for the long term. It's not even 12 games into his tenure and Sark is getting the backing support of the AD? 

What does Del Conte's long-winded email truly mean? 

"I made the wrong call, now I have to live with the outcome and hope for the best. My bad, Texas."  

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/texas-reaches-new-lows-in-loss-to-west-virginia-as-historic-losing-streak-continues/

Sarkisian wasn't hired to rebuild the program from its studs. The championship-winning offensive coordinator from Alabama was tasked with taking the Longhorns from good to great.

Unfortunately, no Texas coach that finished below .500 later went on to earn an AP top-10 finish. If Sarkisian is going to be the guy to take the Longhorns into the SEC -- and reach national contention -- he'll have to buck history. 

2 hours ago, Johnny Depp said:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/texas-reaches-new-lows-in-loss-to-west-virginia-as-historic-losing-streak-continues/

Sarkisian wasn't hired to rebuild the program from its studs. The championship-winning offensive coordinator from Alabama was tasked with taking the Longhorns from good to great.

Unfortunately, no Texas coach that finished below .500 later went on to earn an AP top-10 finish. If Sarkisian is going to be the guy to take the Longhorns into the SEC -- and reach national contention -- he'll have to buck history. 

This piece of garbage wasn't worth your time posting it.

No, CBS did not speak to a soul who had anything to do with the hiring of Sark. So CBS knows squat about what Sark was hired for.

As Sark himself said last week – he only agreed to take the job after the UT higher ups agreed to let him rebuild the right way. That directly contradicts the entire first paragraph and the point of the story itself.

I don't mind screening your posts if you'd like to do that. Just message them to me before posting. I'll give you a thumbs up or thumbs down. You need some help with this.

On 11/21/2021 at 8:55 AM, Johnny Depp said:

1st year coach without a big contract or name identity. 

South Carolina: Many clowned the Gamecocks for hiring an apparent pure recruiter who hadn't been a front-facing coach as head coach -- most of all me. But just 11 games into Shane Beamer's tenure, I'm already eating crow. Beamer took what once appeared as one of the worst situations in the SEC and pushed all the right buttons to reach a bowl game in his first season. He managed a 21-17 win over Auburn perfectly and kept everyone on the same page in what should have been a loss to Vanderbilt. Beamer has rolled with the punches, and his program has followed. He deserves all the credit in the world. 

I have a nephew that went to South Carolina and he would beg to differ. Wins against East Illinois, East Carolina and Troy don't instill much confidence. The jury is still out on this one. Yes, they are bowl eligible but only because of the weak SEC out of conference schedule.

On 11/21/2021 at 4:58 PM, North Texas Golfer said:

We're good..............By the way you are not blocked    😃