Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Time to panic for Texas football fans? Or are better days ahead under Steve Sarkisian?

https://247sports.com/college/texas/LongFormArticle/Texas-Longhorns-football-time-to-panic-better-days-ahead-under-Steve-Sarkisian-174819797/

How do you balance Sarkisian becoming the first of Texas’ 31 head football coaches to lose four straight in a debut season with the rationale of, “Just wait until Sarkisian recruits his own players.”

How do you balance the sign of a well-coached team being week-to-week improvement while this Texas Longhorns’ team is playing worse by the week? 

On 11/16/2021 at 7:46 PM, Eastexhorn said:

Have confidence in offense but defense makes me panic right now. 

If I was CDC I would interview or have some one o it all defensive players get thier thoughts, and act on them.

CDC executed a tweet, making excuses for the putrid Texas football team.  In his tweet he cited:

Lack of depth inherited 
Injuries 
Flu bug before Kansas 

I now see things completely different.  Our depth really isn't close to what teams like Baylor and Kansas can field in football.  And this year more than any other we've had a constant parade of injuries week in and week out.  And who doesn't remember all the years that Alabama and Clemson got beat by bottom dwellers because people got sick?   

We are right on track.  Nothing to see here.  

7 hours ago, Johnny Depp said:

If we keep on sucking and it goes on that long Del Conte will be gone too. 

I beg to differ. CDC has made changes (men's and women's basketball) in an attempt to make us better. He got rid of Herman when he had a chance to upgrade and didn't think Herman was up to the task. I think CDC has made some good decisions on when to fire someone. It's up to those he hired to prove him right on his choice of hire.

41 minutes ago, dillohorn said:

We will suck until the ilk of the past 3 coaches is gone. This season is on them and them alone.

Boy... I disagree.  Mack Brown’s current team beats us by 21 points. He’s to blame here?

This team, under Sark, has quit.  That isn’t on Mack, Chuck or the overgrown teenager.  

1 hour ago, hookemhorb said:

I beg to differ. CDC has made changes (men's and women's basketball) in an attempt to make us better. He got rid of Herman when he had a chance to upgrade and didn't think Herman was up to the task. I think CDC has made some good decisions on when to fire someone. It's up to those he hired to prove him right on his choice of hire.

CDC is being thanked to the tune of 2.8 million a year, every year you buy his "leave Sark alone" story he makes another 2.8m. When it comes down to it, Football is king here, while we appreciate a well rounded program, football will not be allowed to fester for long. 2 years of this might happen, but I'd bet against 3 full years of it. My opinion.

1 minute ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Sark is the head coach now. He does not get a pass. He took over a team that was 25-12 in the previous 3 seasons and has guided them to a 4-6 record so far. No bueno. 

Played for a shot at the Big 12 championship 1 year ago.

This is the lousiest Texas team I’ve ever seen. And I’ve seen some really bad ones in the past 4 decades plus....

23 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Sark is the head coach now. He does not get a pass. He took over a team that was 25-12 in the previous 3 seasons and has guided them to a 4-6 record so far. No bueno. 

I disagree totally. You are free to have your opinion.