Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Game Thread: Texas Longhorns @ Iowa State Cyclones

1 minute ago, DMAC said:

Yet Sark said in post game he was proud of the guys to continue to fight back

Not sure what game he was watching but all I saw was mistakes and quit the entire 2 nf half

I think that was probably coach speak. If they have quit on this coach, it makes 4 in a row. That is a sickness and culture and not sure if there is an answer.

6 minutes ago, NEOkHorn said:

I think that was probably coach speak. If they have quit on this coach, it makes 4 in a row. That is a sickness and culture and not sure if there is an answer.

Agreed.  I wonder if the players are just as disappointed in this season as the fans are?  If not then they need to hit the portal.  

2 minutes ago, DMAC said:

Agreed.  I wonder if the players are just as disappointed in this season as the fans are?  If not then they need to hit the portal.  

Judging from some of the lack of effort and body language, I'd guess there is a scary high number that are just happy to be at a university like Texas. I am having doubts about Sark's ability to fix things but I do believe he will end up cleansing some dead weight in the off season. 

10 minutes ago, NEOkHorn said:

Please quantify and define what that last sentence even means.

All the quit talk needs to stop... it's silly. Actually it's needed to stop for a long time. It's not the players who asked for yet another new coaching staff.

When we got beat by Kansas under Strong a lot of fans said they quit. That never made sense due to all the players visibly distraught after the game because they knew Strong would get fired. They played hard for him and still lost, which made it even worse. Strong had made a mess, and they weren't a good team.

Right now this team is just not that good. They are getting beat by better teams. Claiming they quit is like claiming they should be 9-0 but are 4-5 because of lazy players. It's a cheap excuse to keep from admitting the state of the program is in bad shape and has been for a while. It's a cheap excuse from having to do the hard work of actually analyzing how we got here. 

When we got beat by Stoops in the early aughts guess what people said... 'they quit'. Not that Stoops outcoached Mack or had those teams better prepared. One of those teams accused of quitting would take most of the same players and win a NC. How could the same players accused of quitting later win it all?

Answer: It didn't make sense then and doesn't make sense now. All you do is insult the players when you accuse them of quitting in games they were outplayed. 

It's pretty obvious after 4 losses that Sark and staff do a good job with gameplanning (we normally play well early and build a lead) but not doing well either with game adjustments or lack of depth to make the adjustments. Either way first coaching seasons tend to suck, and this one is no different. Stop blaming the players.

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Louisiana would have beaten us because we always started slow. TCU would have beat us because TH could never beat Patterson.

Was he ever 4-5?  This teams loss column isn’t likely done growing.  that was the most frustrating thing about TH, losing to the ones you weren’t supposed to after beating teams favored against you.  

12 minutes ago, Drb522 said:

Was he ever 4-5?  This teams loss column isn’t likely done growing.  that was the most frustrating thing about TH, losing to the ones you weren’t supposed to after beating teams favored against you.  

Most people thought we'd lose to ISU this year. Probably didn't think we'd stink up the place doing it though.

8 hours ago, NEOkHorn said:

Judging from some of the lack of effort and body language, I'd guess there is a scary high number that are just happy to be at a university like Texas. I am having doubts about Sark's ability to fix things but I do believe he will end up cleansing some dead weight in the off season. 

Let massive cleansing begin tomorrow with no holds barred.

Sad, disgusting, embarrassing, and predictable. Kansas will beat the Horns too. Kansas is bad, but they try to play hard and don't quit.      The U of Woke is alive and thriving in Austin. Recovery from this may not be possible.

I don't see a win in any of our last 3 games ok maybe just maybe just kansas.. K state is going to eat our lunch. I'm taking west virginia. 

Was hoping for much better from this coaching staff. Instead we see failure after failure to adjust to the other teams adjustments. Pathetic

Just now, Ntx dog said:

Sadly I  don't see a win in any of our last 3 games ok maybe just maybe just kansas.. K state is going to eat our lunch. I'm taking west virginia. 

Was hoping for much better from this coaching staff. Instead we see failure after failure to adjust to the other teams adjustments. Pathetic

9 hours ago, Captain Hookem said:

Please quantify and define what that last sentence even means.

All the quit talk needs to stop... it's silly. Actually it's needed to stop for a long time. It's not the players who asked for yet another new coaching staff.

When we got beat by Kansas under Strong a lot of fans said they quit. That never made sense due to all the players visibly distraught after the game because they knew Strong would get fired. They played hard for him and still lost, which made it even worse. Strong had made a mess, and they weren't a good team.

Right now this team is just not that good. They are getting beat by better teams. Claiming they quit is like claiming they should be 9-0 but are 4-5 because of lazy players. It's a cheap excuse to keep from admitting the state of the program is in bad shape and has been for a while. It's a cheap excuse from having to do the hard work of actually analyzing how we got here. 

When we got beat by Stoops in the early aughts guess what people said... 'they quit'. Not that Stoops outcoached Mack or had those teams better prepared. One of those teams accused of quitting would take most of the same players and win a NC. How could the same players accused of quitting later win it all?

Answer: It didn't make sense then and doesn't make sense now. All you do is insult the players when you accuse them of quitting in games they were outplayed. 

It's pretty obvious after 4 losses that Sark and staff do a good job with gameplanning (we normally play well early and build a lead) but not doing well either with game adjustments or lack of depth to make the adjustments. Either way first coaching seasons tend to suck, and this one is no different. Stop blaming the players.

Just to compare the Iowa State vs Texas recruiting classes the last 4 years:

Texas - Iowa State

2021: #15 - #59

2020: #8 - #46

2019: #3 - #46

2018: #3 - #55

Before you even say it because I know its coming.  Matt Campbell would NOT do any better here than Strong, Herman, or Sark.   I swear to god its like ground hog day in Texas.  We obviously went out our way to hire the worst fkn coach we could possibly find the last 3 cycles.  CDC just fooled us and baited us.  Nevermind Bama is not as good this year without Sark, that is just an illusion.  Strong, Herman, and Sark were doing great before they got here.  So spare me that bullshit

The truth is its a mixture and not any one thing. 

The players lack heart.  They have become complacent to losing.  Why do I say that?  There are kids on the bench in the 4th qtr and laughing and smiling when we just got our ass handed to us for 2 quarters.  Some of these kids dont give a shit if we win or lose. 

The coaches halftime adjustments are non existent.  Develop plays to offset the pass rush.  Explain to me why our LB cant fill gaps and do THEIR JOB.  They consistently fail at this.  47 Brockermeyer is the worst at it.  Every RB we face looks like hes in the Heisman race.

Player development is pathetic at Texas.  Its so bad other schools use it as a negative recruiting tool.  See NFL for more details.

Edited by DMAC

I started watching the game late in the 2nd quarter just before Texas scored to go up 7-3. Did Casey get hurt or was he pulled? I'm hoping he was hurt because if Card is the answer, I'd hate to see the question. He missed wide open receivers multiple times, one for an easy TD and others for 1st downs.

Too much to say about the rest of the team/game. 3 years in a row we lose to Iowa St, that should never happen. To make matters even worse, the #1 Texas volleyball team lost last night to Baylor 3-1 to suffer their first loss of the year.

10 minutes ago, tejasrulz said:

I started watching the game late in the 2nd quarter just before Texas scored to go up 7-3. Did Casey get hurt or was he pulled? I'm hoping he was hurt because if Card is the answer, I'd hate to see the question. He missed wide open receivers multiple times, one for an easy TD and others for 1st downs.

Too much to say about the rest of the team/game. 3 years in a row we lose to Iowa St, that should never happen. To make matters even worse, the #1 Texas volleyball team lost last night to Baylor 3-1 to suffer their first loss of the year.

Casey missed open receivers too.  His thumb is obviously hurting him.  Hell he even skipped a pass to Washington.  Neither of these guys appear to be the answer.

Was Iowa St. the best team we've faced? Purdy didn't even hit a passing TD, it could have been worse, a WR throws the only TD pass.

We are 8-1 in the 1st half? One of weakest links, Schooler the safety leads the team in tackles with 12.

103 yds. passing. 102 yds. rushing. For the whole game. 10 minutes less time of possession. 1st downs 11 vs. 23.

11 punts. No 4th down attempts.

Outscored 102-27 in the last 4 second halfs.

Right now this team has more rated talent than any other team not named OU.

Right now this team is not a well coached team. And is losing to better coached lesser talented teams.

This team might not be quitting, but sure fold thier tents when going gets tough.

Whats wrong do not ask me I do not knowbut suspect Texas needs a tough coach who says play a whole game or hit the road.

Worse yet amidst all the losses, there’s almost no signs of development across the board. At the least, Texas fans could feel optimistic if there were encouraging signs from a player or positional standpoint, but that’s just not the case. As is, Texas still doesn’t have an answer at quarterback with Casey Thompson and Hudson Card each seemingly more suited for a reserve role, the offensive line remains atrocious and that’s a long-term issue that doesn’t get resolved in a season, and the list goes on into the receiver room and throughout the defense.

All in all, this is a team that’s underdeveloped — at least the results of any development aren’t visible in games — and plays without any sense of confidence or the ability to execute.

Cody Daniel.

https://www.burntorangenation.com/football/2021/11/6/22767551/texas-longhorns-blowout-loss-iowa-state-cyclones-steve-sarkisian