Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Common Man Prediction Thread – UT vs the Brock Purdys

Sirhornsalot

Its hard to determine what type of team Iowa State is at this point. They've been up. They've been down. They've been back up, then back down. Rare inconsistency for a veteran group of players.

West Virginia took them down last week and until that time, WV wasn't really considered that good.

So which team shows up? I'm betting the good Iowa State does because everybody gives Texas their best game. Plus, it will be a home game for them at night.

On the flip side, all is not hopeless for the men in Burnt Orange. Three straight losses stings a lot. I think they're determined to right the ship.

Texas 38

Iowa State 25

On 11/2/2021 at 12:32 PM, longhorn_mig said:

In honor of my weekly unfounded hope...

UT  34

ISU  30

Since it's a 6:30 kickoff, I'm going to honor the team by taking off the 3rd quarter to get my kid ready for bed.

You may have a little revolt on your hands . . . said kid is a Horns fan, right?

1 minute ago, Sirhornsalot said:

You may have a little revolt on your hands . . . said kid is a Horns fan, right?

Absolutely, she went to her first game against Okie Lite. We had to leave at halftime for her naptime, so maybe the loss is on us. LOL.

Even though she's not even two, she loves watching the games with us.

30 minutes ago, Soldierhorn said:

I dont think this guy knows what "control your own destiny" means.  ISU already has two losses with 0U, oSu, & BU ahead of them in the rankings; one of whom they've already lost (BU).  they dont control their own destiny; they are dependent on other teams losing. 

destiny[211103]cyclone fanatic.jpg

He lost me in the first sentence. "Oklahoma has three games left (Baylor, Iowa State, Oklahoma)."

On 11/1/2021 at 5:49 PM, Sirhornsalot said:

Its hard to determine what type of team Iowa State is at this point. They've been up. They've been down. They've been back up, then back down. Rare inconsistency for a veteran group of players.

West Virginia took them down last week and until that time, WV wasn't really considered that good.

So which team shows up? I'm betting the good Iowa State does because everybody gives Texas their best game. Plus, it will be a home game for them at night.

On the flip side, all is not hopeless for the men in Burnt Orange. Three straight losses stings a lot. I think they're determined to right the ship.

Texas 38

Iowa State 

Sounds like Clob on Orangebloods. 🤘

Probably 2 teams that were thought to be better than their records.

Well, it is a new month. Maybe Texas gets out of this collapse of the 2nd half or maybe coach Joseph shouldn't be defensive passing game coordinator and PK takes over and goes to a 4-2-5. One can only hope he figures this out quickly.  

Texas-38  ISU-30. Thanks to special teams. Maybe Banks should bring the girlfriend and monkey to distract the ISU players.  To soon? 

11 hours ago, david ficken said:

Probably 2 teams that were thought to be better than their records.

Well, it is a new month. Maybe Texas gets out of this collapse of the 2nd half or maybe coach Joseph shouldn't be defensive passing game coordinator and PK takes over and goes to a 4-2-5. One can only hope he figures this out quickly.  

Texas-38  ISU-30. Thanks to special teams. Maybe Banks should bring the girlfriend and monkey to distract the ISU players.  To soon? 

monkeys GIF

Sark feels we are so close that he is not willing to abandon his plan, rather keeps pushing it hoping to break through. How many times must you bang your head against the wall until you realize it just going to give you a headache and the wall isn't going anywhere?

This one gets ugly and the wheels come off with the defense. It may be good fortune to fall way behind so that Sark is forced to try something else.

We lose 37-21