Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Game Thread: Texas Longhorns @ #16 Baylor Bears

My buddy down in Austin compared the two (TH and Sark) with regard to recruiting recently.

He said TH was very fly by the seat of his britches type recruiter. Not organized. A bit arrogant in approach. Thought TH didn't recruit toward needs, just who he thought he could get.

Said Sark was the opposite. Organized. Dedicated to a plan. Works recruiting every single day in some capacity. Very humble in his approach, gets on a kid's level. Time investment.

I look forward to seeing how this works out.

Yo! Say what you want about Sark but he's doing everything he can imo. Yeah you can fuss about the fake punt call but you do realize Dicker still had the option to kick it, right? A look to pass, not there, look to run, not there kick but whatever. At the end of the day players have to execute. Casey played good enough to win. He had 15 dropped passes and his int went thru Moore's hands. 15 DROPPED PASSES!!!!! 

17 minutes ago, DBut82 said:

Yo! Say what you want about Sark but he's doing everything he can imo. Yeah you can fuss about the fake punt call but you do realize Dicker still had the option to kick it, right? A look to pass, not there, look to run, not there kick but whatever. At the end of the day players have to execute. Casey played good enough to win. He had 15 dropped passes and his int went thru Moore's hands. 15 DROPPED PASSES!!!!! 

Casey was 23 for 38 and, no, he did not have 15 dropped passes. 

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

My buddy down in Austin compared the two (TH and Sark) with regard to recruiting recently.

He said TH was very fly by the seat of his britches type recruiter. Not organized. A bit arrogant in approach. Thought TH didn't recruit toward needs, just who he thought he could get.

Said Sark was the opposite. Organized. Dedicated to a plan. Works recruiting every single day in some capacity. Very humble in his approach, gets on a kid's level. Time investment.

I look forward to seeing how this works out.

Wondering did he say Sark is recruiting to teams needs?

7 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

Tom left Sark with a pretty good team also except OL.

We will just have to disagree on this statement.  Other than RB, QB, and TE there are questions everywhere else. Thus the 7 DL recruits and the at least 3 LBs and probably more.  To add to the 2 Safeties and probably needing 1 more. And the fact that I'm  still waiting on Washington, Moore, and any other WR outside of Worthy to be a difference  maker.  Hell, I'll  speed dial Strong on baking  a cake and putting the icing on top of the cake with ribbons for the WRs to show me that they were difference makers. 

Still waiting to go to the store on any of this.

41 minutes ago, DBut82 said:

And I absolutely believe you. I was repeating whatthe boys said post game. Ok so maybe not "15" dropped passes but I think we can definitely agree that the amount of passes dropped and results of those drops won't win a team too many games

I really didn't mean that as a shot at you. Sorry if it came across that way. Saw the same thing on another board about having 15 drops. Don't know where the guys in the post game got that from. 

And, for sure, the drop passes had a huge affect on the outcome of the game yesterday.