Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Game Thread: Texas Longhorns @ #16 Baylor Bears

7 hours ago, david ficken said:

We will just have to disagree on this statement.  Other than RB, QB, and TE there are questions everywhere else. Thus the 7 DL recruits and the at least 3 LBs and probably more.  To add to the 2 Safeties and probably needing 1 more. And the fact that I'm  still waiting on Washington, Moore, and any other WR outside of Worthy to be a difference  maker.  Hell, I'll  speed dial Strong on baking  a cake and putting the icing on top of the cake with ribbons for the WRs to show me that they were difference makers. 

Still waiting to go to the store on any of this.

We will disagree a little, Pre season the so called football gurus said Texas would contend for title.Had a good chance to beat OU.

As for as 7 DL why only 1 sr. DL are several talented to go pro? Texaslost on passer rusher was he only defender last year

Any way there is a big problem I donot know what or how to fix it. Hope the coaches do. I would sugest defense get in a 4-2-5 and stay in it no special formations for some plays. Not working so fat.

45 minutes ago, UTfish said:

With good execution this team is 7-1 and you're not trashing the coaches. 

Yes he would.

Not sure what the grind is with Sark but geez, Herman was unbearable to listen to and didn't produce, Charlie looked like he was extremely uncomfortable in every facet of the program and lost to KANSAS!! For whatever reason, Sark was the best candidate CDC believed he could get. Maybe he is/was, maybe he is/was not but no matter what happens, it seems he will never be acceptable to Johnny D. If we could not get a better one before Sark, we most certainly won't if he is fired now or at the end of year 1. 

So our biggest win was TCU. The team about to fire the coach, just like TT.

The remaining schedule:

Iowa St. - Beat OKS

Kansas - 0-5   Is this where the youth movement begins?

West Virginia - Beat Iowa St.

Kansas St. - Gave OU all they wanted. Beating Texas is their Super Bowl.

Bowl eligible is not a lock.

8 minutes ago, NEOkHorn said:

Yes he would.

Not sure what the grind is with Sark but geez, Herman was unbearable to listen to and didn't produce, Charlie looked like he was extremely uncomfortable in every facet of the program and lost to KANSAS!! For whatever reason, Sark was the best candidate CDC believed he could get. Maybe he is/was, maybe he is/was not but no matter what happens, it seems he will never be acceptable to Johnny D. If we could not get a better one before Sark, we most certainly won't if he is fired now or at the end of year 1. 

I would take Todd Dodge over Sark. There are better High School coaches. I look smarter every week. I'd prefer we win.

38 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

I would take Todd Dodge over Sark. There are better High School coaches. I look smarter every week. I'd prefer we win.

I don’t know.  I think I would rather have a person that is widely considered the top offensive mind in the country and that has coached under two of the best coaches all time in Saban and Pete Carroll.  Todd Dodge is a fine coach but it’s quite a bit different running The University of Texas as well it is to running Austin Westlake.  That’s just me though 🤷‍♂️
I would suggest let’s give Sark time to flip his roster the way he wants too.  That’s going to be recruiting, portal,  Juco’s and possibly running some players off.  He’s said numerous times that everyone hasn’t bought in,  so I expect we’ll see some major changes. 
For some reason it is harder to win at Texas than almost any other place in the country.  I guarantee you Aranda wouldn’t be 7-1 in his second year at Texas.  I guarantee you Lane Kiffin wouldn’t be winning like he is if at Texas.  Mel Tucker- no, I could go on and on with names.  The culture is different in Austin. …….not just the university but the whole city.  Austin has changed alot in the last 10-15 years and the university has changed with it.  

What’s going to be interesting to me is seeing how Chris Beard fares.  He’s a different kind of guy.  Came up under Bobby Knight so he’s taken on the no nonsense, in your face, on your ass approach.  I’m going to be very interested to see this season unfold.  He sure knows how to build a roster.  He’s played on Monday Night at Texas Tech.  We’ll see.  

6 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

I really didn't mean that as a shot at you. Sorry if it came across that way. Saw the same thing on another board about having 15 drops. Don't know where the guys in the post game got that from. 

And, for sure, the drop passes had a huge affect on the outcome of the game yesterday.

No apologies necessary. I have no clue where they got the stat as well.

9 hours ago, TexCoyote said:

I guarantee you Aranda wouldn’t be 7-1 in his second year at Texas.  I guarantee you Lane Kiffin wouldn’t be winning like he is if at Texas.  Mel Tucker- no, I could go on and on with names.

Nice imagination.

10 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

Nice imagination.

I never know what you are talking about.  I am saying I don’t know what it would take to win at Texas and I listed people that are winning very fast at other schools that I don’t think could do it at Texas.  
Imagination? That’s saying a F high coach could do better than a coach that just was on a National championship team. Won the Broyles award.  Been with two of the best coaches of all times.  That’s an imagination. 

5 minutes ago, TexCoyote said:

I never know what you are talking about.  I am saying I don’t know what it would take to win at Texas and I listed people that are winning very fast at other schools that I don’t think could do it at Texas.  
Imagination? That’s saying a F high coach could do better than a coach that just was on a National championship team. Won the Broyles award.  Been with two of the best coaches of all times.  That’s an imagination. 

You said you could guarantee that Aranda, Kiffin and Tucker couldn't win here. 

We have no way to know if Dodge would be better.

Sark was a bad hire, the sooner we deal with it the better. I don't think the big cigar's will have as much patience as a 3 yr. plan at this rate. Wheels are falling off.

15 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

You said you could guarantee that Aranda, Kiffin and Tucker couldn't win here. 

We have no way to know if Dodge would be better.

Sark was a bad hire, the sooner we deal with it the better. I don't think the big cigar's will have as much patience as a 3 yr. plan at this rate. Wheels are falling off.

And Johnny I guarantee you that Texas isn’t going to fire Sarkisian in the middle of the first year and guarantee you they aren’t going to hire Todd Dodge. 

16 minutes ago, TexCoyote said:

And Johnny I guarantee you that Texas isn’t going to fire Sarkisian in the middle of the first year and guarantee you they aren’t going to hire Todd Dodge. 

I agree on both. Never said they would. I said I would. I'm not in love with Dodge, just a response when you said we wouldn't be able to find anyone. This is Texas.

Sark is already on defense. The heat is turning up. The headlines look real bad. I know there are many who believe in a 3 year minimum. I don't.

Quite honestly, the "This is Texas" argument doesn't seem to apply anymore. It may have been possible for Texas to money whip a coach into coming here in the past but I'd bet that isn't happening at this stage.

What is this heat you speak of? What wheels are coming off? Is this simply your speculation because we have struggled again this season? Sark is Del Conte's guy so I'd be shocked if he has less than 4 years unless maybe he fails miserably in year 2.

You say on a regular basis that you do not like to lose as if anyone on this board is particular fond of the way the season has gone. The last question is, where was your outrage and concern over the past decade when Texas was sinking into the mediocre football program that Sark inherited? 

I am pretty sure no one here is confident with how things are going at this point.  In fairness though everyone got a little hyped after the TCU win including myself.  So part of this is a let down after ou, osu, and now baylor.  We need a better line because now teams are just forcing us to beat them with the pass.  Casey is either on or hes not but this past weekend the receivers were the culprits.  Missing Jordan W hurts.

As someone said we are a few plays from being at least 2-1 in last 3 games.  Most notably was Moore dropped TD pass right before the half. 

At this point we just have to let it play out.  Iowa State will be a tough game but I wouldnt be surprised if we win.  I still have faith in Sark as long as we dont have another fake punt on 4th and 11

38 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

That's a huge swing and miss on your part, lol. 

Yep. The moral of that story is don't keep a losing coach (14% wins) for 4 years. 😄

Over 20 years coaching high school, his 74% win ratio and 4- 5A and 1- 6A state titles, as well as 2 other championship games show he's no dummy.

Like I said, UT would never take him, I would. Give him a few mill and tell him it's must win now, not a 4 year deal for 50 mil.

2 hours ago, longhorn_mig said:

Over 4 seasons, Dodge went 6-37 overall and 3-23 in the Sunbelt Conference.

My God, that's the HC I want! lol

Somebody must be doing acid to want that here. And no, its not just like Sark. Saying that is just embarrassment for something said that probably should have never been brought up.