Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Common Man Prediction Thread – UT vs Baylor

Not many thought Baylor would be a player in the Big 12 race this year. But here they are, right in the thick of things. Baylor is playing very good ball. They are well coached and consist of some diamonds in the rough that Aranda was able to find.

This game scares the bejeebers out of me. IMO, there hasn't been a more important game on the schedule than this one. This is the Y in the road for the season. The rest of the season will either be meaningful or it won't.

And if we win, we will be able to say the same thing about next week's game with Iowa State.

Texas has had a whole two weeks to prepare for this game. Texas has a second-half issue to work out. Texas is at a fork in the road for 2021.

This game is big, but we fall short.

Baylor 31

Texas 28

IT's amust game for Sark aloss will mean a bad first year

Baylor proably leads Texas in most offense and defensive catagories will be a tough team at home

Baylor 31   Texas 24 usualy wrong so maybe a victory.

No more negative waves. Must. stay. positive.

Texas has had 2 weeks to stew over the last 2 losses. The players should be foaming at the mouth to prove themselves. "can't finish games"!?! "We'll show you 'can't finish games'"!

I expect Texas to come out strong and never let up. Don't be surprised to see Texas passing when we are up big in the 2nd half.

Texas 84

Baylor 35

Sark proves that he is our Moses to lead us out of this desert.

1st thing: Hopefully Sark doesn't have to remind the team no shadow boxing on the sidelines like we had during what I called the three stooges era  a.k.a. the Strong Era.

Does PK stay with the stupid soft zone for will he be aggressive defensively?

Something says we shouldn't win, but somehow we do.

Texas 38-35. Maybe it will be windy in Waco to help in ST play. 

3 minutes ago, TexCoyote said:

Our defense is going to have to bring.  They got a QB that makes few mistakes 12 TD to 1INT I think and two running backs that can take it downhill.  Time to not let off the Gas for Sark.

We haven't played from behind much, we might get to see what that looks like...

4 hours ago, TexCoyote said:

Our defense is going to have to bring.  They got a QB that makes few mistakes 12 TD to 1INT I think and two running backs that can take it downhill.  Time to not let off the Gas for Sark.

They don't put their QB at risk much. They REALLY like to run the ball. I'd imagine we'll see their QB run as much or more than he throws, unless they're behind. He's not that great a passer but hits the simple routes pretty well. And thats all they really ask of him.

We stop the run or slow them down in any noticeable way, we'll win.

1 minute ago, Sirhornsalot said:

They don't put their QB at risk much. They REALLY like to run the ball. I'd imagine we'll see their QB run as much or more than he throws, unless they're behind. He's not that great a passer but hits the simple routes pretty well. And thats all they really ask of him.

We stop the run or slow them down in any noticeable way, we'll win.

Yes I think so.  IF we can stop the run.  

And Arnada is going to pile up and not let Bijan beat him. Casey and the receivers/pass game is going to have to take advantage.  If they can’t we will lose. 

7 minutes ago, TexCoyote said:

And Arnada is going to pile up and not let Bijan beat him. Casey and the receivers/pass game is going to have to take advantage.  If they can’t we will lose. 

Thats how I see it, too

38 minutes ago, TexCoyote said:

Like that's our only option? Casey, win or lose?

Let's hope Sark doesn't go down with the ship. By now I suspect he realizes he doesn't have a life boat.

Texas has the second most potent offense in the conference. Baylor will have it's hands full in the first half anyway. But Texas needs to find creative ways to get Bijan out wide on runs. In the Tech game Texas ran a counter out of the pistol with a pulling TE leading. It worked tremendously well. I haven't seen it since.

On defense Texas has to make the QB beat them. Six in the box minimum. Four down, 2 LB's and a S in and out as needed. Hell, on passing downs put Coburn over the RT. Get him out of the double teams in the middle. There's not a single RT in the conference that could take Coburn one on one, then blitz a backer through any gap.

I'm hoping the bye week gave Texas a chance to get their $h!t together.

Texas 38

Baylor 28