Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Common Man Prediction Thread – UT vs Bye

Sirhornsalot

1 hour ago, T-ShirtHorn said:

After Watching these other games, I don’t understand our defense and how we can give up so many points but other teams can hold these teams to significantly fewer points with way less talent. 

Is it past coaches ability to evaluate or just guys not playing to their potential? Whatever it is it’s a bigger problem than what I originally thought. Texas is basically allowing double in every stat than any other program.

Sark saying they are “close” has got to be him just softening the blow for the fan base.  

First year in a new defensive scheme and under a new staff. Poor tackling at times, busted assignments, etc.

I belivemost of defencive proablem is coaching scheme. Players did better last year.

The coaches has had spring and fall workouts and six games to get players ready. Hasnot happened maybe talent was not there. Maybe players are not in shape get tired too quick.

There is a big problem at Texas and can it be solved by current staff. Three or so years from now we might know.

And yes other teams do better vs OU defensively but OU stills finds a way to win, thats coaching. Texas ?

5 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

I belivemost of defencive proablem is coaching scheme. Players did better last year.

The coaches has had spring and fall workouts and six games to get players ready. Hasnot happened maybe talent was not there. Maybe players are not in shape get tired too quick.

There is a big problem at Texas and can it be solved by current staff. Three or so years from now we might know.

And yes other teams do better vs OU defensively but OU stills finds a way to win, thats coaching. Texas ?

My, such a short memory. Part of what got Orlando chased out of town was defensive scheme. No, make that the primary reason. 

When you say "players did better." I think you mean Joseph Ossai played better. But that was despite the scheme, not because of it.

We're weak at LB and knew that coming in. It shows. We were in for a downgrade at Jack/DE and knew this coming in. 

Other teams might do better against OU, I don't really know. But none of those teams have a rivalry with OU. Even Bedlam isn't like the RRS.

6 hours ago, Basis Points said:

My UT grad came over at 10:45am with my grandson in longhorn gear to watch the Baylor game.  After I updated him, we settled in, drank the Kool-aide as well and watched the Bye game.  We sure were sweating it until that blocked field goal!

At least we're not "woulda, shoulda, coulda" today. lol

On 10/25/2021 at 4:23 PM, Eastexhorn said:

Some how I thought Ash was def. cord. last year. So maybe my memory is short!

My memory may be short too, ET, but I think you're right about Ash. Hard to keep up with the coaching carousel at UT nowadays.