Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Common Man Prediction Thread – UT vs Bye

1 hour ago, TexExSpur said:

I think they get a big lead going into the bye and somehow they still find a way to fold up like a cheap lawn chair going into the weekend to add yet another worthless loss to the schedule...

I'll be hunting, winning.  

Wish I was. The place I hunted for the past 10 years is being sold.

So since we're not playing this weekend, here are some of the better games to watch:

I think Northwestern could give Michigan some trouble.

Undefeated Oklahoma State goes into Ames, Iowa to take on Iowa State. A loss for OSU puts OU in sole possession of first place (assuming they beat Kansas). Should be a good game.

Oregon travels to UCLA. 

LSU goes to Ole Miss.

Clemson visits Pitt.

San Diego State vs Air Force should be a dandy

Utah vs Oregon State. Oregon State in an upset

Never forget that we lost in a bye week under Strong. We had a OL get a DUI at a drive thru while drunk at the wheel. 

Now for other games this week:

Give me ISU, Ole Miss, and the points in the other games. Not sold on UM, but,  they find a way to win. Clemson isn't the same Clemson. Utah on the road with our former qb in charge not certain and haven't  seen OSU play. Would love to see Air Force win since my older brother went there and that is a awesome campus and football field.

Not counting on Kansas whatsoever.  

Now could SC pull the upset over A&M?  Would love to have the shit show be back on A&M.

On 10/19/2021 at 12:47 AM, Sirhornsalot said:

So since we're not playing this weekend, here are some of the better games to watch:

I think Northwestern could give Michigan some trouble.

Undefeated Oklahoma State goes into Ames, Iowa to take on Iowa State. A loss for OSU puts OU in sole possession of first place (assuming they beat Kansas). Should be a good game.

Oregon travels to UCLA. 

LSU goes to Ole Miss.

Clemson visits Pitt.

San Diego State vs Air Force should be a dandy

Utah vs Oregon State. Oregon State in an upset

I'm going with Iowa St and Pitt for the win

8 minutes ago, NEOkHorn said:

Only if Sark steps down and we run the offense through someone other than Bijan.

I got it. Let's run the offense through Brewer! Sit Thompson and have Card throw to Brewer on every play. Let's shoot for 8 losses and a QB and TE who gain valuable experience for the future! 

9 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I got it. Let's run the offense through Brewer! Sit Thompson and have Card throw to Brewer on every play. Let's shoot for 8 losses and a QB and TE who gain valuable experience for the future! 

Can we also have Urban phone in the plays from the bar stool? Pretty sure he will have an inspired game plan mid grind.

After Watching these other games, I don’t understand our defense and how we can give up so many points but other teams can hold these teams to significantly fewer points with way less talent. 

Is it past coaches ability to evaluate or just guys not playing to their potential? Whatever it is it’s a bigger problem than what I originally thought. Texas is basically allowing double in every stat than any other program.

Sark saying they are “close” has got to be him just softening the blow for the fan base.  

4 minutes ago, T-ShirtHorn said:

After Watching these other games, I don’t understand our defense and how we can give up so many points but other teams can hold these teams to significantly fewer points with way less talent. 

Is it past coaches ability to evaluate or just guys not playing to their potential? Whatever it is it’s a bigger problem than what I originally thought. Texas is basically allowing double in every stat than any other program.

Sark saying they are “close” has got to be him just softening the blow for the fan base.  

Although not an expert, I do believe Texas schemed and performed very well in the first half against the sooners. They failed to adapt to the QB change and played a lot of prevent type defense which proved extremely costly. Kansas seemed prepared to stop the run and make Williams beat them. In the end, they did not have the talent to sustain it for 4 quarters. I missed a lot of the OSU game and have not had the stomach to go back and watch it so I am not sure where all the breakdowns occurred.

Another issue with our defense in both games in my opinion is that we do not have an offense that can wear opponents down or dominate the time of possession for an entire game. Thinking about the teams that have had success slowing down OU, they have sustained drives and controlled the clock. Whether it is the OL, lack of development, coaching, or a combination of all of the above, the most successful defenses have complimentary offenses that control the game. We have not demonstrated that so far. 

All of these issues lead me to believe the "close" comment by Sark is likely not the comment he is making behind closed doors to the defensive or offensive staffs. At least I hope it is not. Sorry for the lengthy post, bored without a Longhorn game to watch....or cry about.🤣

1 hour ago, NEOkHorn said:

Although not an expert, I do believe Texas schemed and performed very well in the first half against the sooners. They failed to adapt to the QB change and played a lot of prevent type defense which proved extremely costly. Kansas seemed prepared to stop the run and make Williams beat them. In the end, they did not have the talent to sustain it for 4 quarters. I missed a lot of the OSU game and have not had the stomach to go back and watch it so I am not sure where all the breakdowns occurred.

Another issue with our defense in both games in my opinion is that we do not have an offense that can wear opponents down or dominate the time of possession for an entire game. Thinking about the teams that have had success slowing down OU, they have sustained drives and controlled the clock. Whether it is the OL, lack of development, coaching, or a combination of all of the above, the most successful defenses have complimentary offenses that control the game. We have not demonstrated that so far. 

All of these issues lead me to believe the "close" comment by Sark is likely not the comment he is making behind closed doors to the defensive or offensive staffs. At least I hope it is not. Sorry for the lengthy post, bored without a Longhorn game to watch....or cry about.🤣

I agree just mind blowing. It seems every  team seems to hold the team that we just played to 2 TDs less.