Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Game Thread: #12 Oklahoma State @ #25 Texas Longhorns

HornSports Staff

Just got home from the game and too daym tired to read this whole thread. So what did the TV people say about the hit on Casey that drew no flag but just earlier Texas got called for roughing the passer while he was throwing the ball? Live it looked like Casey had moved his arm more forward than the okie lite QB. On the sidelines, Sark had multiple "talks" with the ref about that play. 

Fixing to go eat and get more beers, appreciate the answer(s) in advance.

Ash/Herman decided to use an extra defensive back and fewer linebackers. That made no sense to me in this league, although it’s not what you call them, it is how you deploy them.

We recruited to that philosophy. We are lucky we have Overshown and Brock. Outside of that we have youngsters and defensive backs. 

Yes, I think the big guys were tired. Who did we have to substitute?

54 minutes ago, 83Dee said:

I’m with you.  There’s something rotten... I’m just not sure what it is... Whatever it is - I’m really sick of watching this dysfunctional garbage.  

I lived through late Akers, McWilliams, Macovick.... But late Mack, Strong, Herman, early Sark is much much worse.  Akers, Macovick and McWilliams all won conference for goodness sakes.... and we thought that was just awful!!!

Oh yes I remember all those days.  I’m just not smart enough to figure out what it takes to win at Texas.  I’ve looked at every angle possible and I just can’t figure it out.  People laugh at me but I’ve said I don’t understand why you can do it at Alabama and you can’t do it at Texas.  We’re the state university with the most money in the best state in the country for high football.  I’ve said numerous times that nowadays Texas kids will go anywhere so it’s hard to keep them at home so you have to recruit nation wide.  Sark is doing that so maybe we have better days ahead.  We can only hope.  

39 minutes ago, tejasrulz said:

Just got home from the game and too daym tired to read this whole thread. So what did the TV people say about the hit on Casey that drew no flag but just earlier Texas got called for roughing the passer while he was throwing the ball? Live it looked like Casey had moved his arm more forward than the okie lite QB. On the sidelines, Sark had multiple "talks" with the ref about that play. 

Fixing to go eat and get more beers, appreciate the answer(s) in advance.

The TV people didn't even acknowledge that it looked very similar to the roughing foul called against Thornton. Ridiculous inconsistency. At least call it both ways, for crissakes!

Good to hear Sark got on the officials for that nonsense.

54 minutes ago, Earl Nobis Jefferson said:

So looking at the remaining games, are we lucky to finish 6-6?  I wasn't expecting conference championship this year, but I wasn't expecting this either.  IDK, It's hard to be a UT football fan.  Go Volleyball!!!

Yes, maybe we'll win another Director's Cup for our prowess in volleyball, swimming & diving, and rowing. 

3 minutes ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

The TV people didn't even acknowledge that it looked very similar to the roughing foul called against Thornton. Ridiculous inconsistency. At least call it both ways, for crissakes!

Good to hear Sark got on the officials for that nonsense.

It was the exact same thing and no call for Thompson

No throws to the TE today.  Someone on here said it last week but we don’t need 5 star sitting on the bench at # 4 TE.  Sark was saying in the post game that we have to paraphrasing:  basically keep our foot on the gas.  I’m thinking they are running what you’re calling.  The last two weeks Bijan went off for awhile and OU and OSU’s defenses adjusted in the second half to not let him beat them…….making Texas pass and we couldn’t do it.  These coaches watch the film and see what works against Texas so we will see it the rest of the year.  Sark is going to have to adjust his play calling to get his team in better situation.  The QB is going to have to play way better.  If his thumb is bothering him then we need to get Card ready.  We need Wiley, Brewer with several catches.  And Keilan Robinson more touches (how many times have we said that?) I believe he touched it twice today if i remember correctly.  We’ll still use Bijan but with our offensive line we aren’t going to be pounded it all day long.  Sark needs to show he’s the best play caller in the country.  So far I haven’t seen it. 

With RoJo and KRob. they are not able to run with this OL.Takes a super RB to do i

Some thing is still wrong and the only suggestionI can offer is get a bigger gas tank.Enough o last through four quarters.

There is 11 DL men not even counting the LB types who play DE.

2 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Staying in the two-high safety look there in the 4th while we were being gashed on the ground was on PK. It was inexplicable.

even Joel Klatt from Fox picked up on that too and was shaking his head in disbelief

Guess I should be thankful I missed the second half. Didn’t think we would lose both games these two weeks. That said, there are a lot of holes on this roster and it will test the recruiting prowess of the staff to sell any hope given how the season could play out the rest of the way. Hard to know if there are institutional issues that keep Texas mired in mediocrity or just the result of a really bad decision to hire Patterson and the shambles he made of the athletic department. Either way, I’m pretty sure we can beat idle next week so all is it lost.

So just my opinion obviously, but after watching this, OK, and Arkansas, its all the same pattern. We fade hard in the last 1/3 of the game. It could be getting outschemed, it could be conditioning, but to me either way its related to coaching.  Talent-wise we dominate into the 3rd quarter. I can't believe its purely conditioning, these kids have been playing for ever, so I fall on adjustments and scheme. Other teams just load up on the run and make us pass. There goes the offense. Similar on D.

2 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

"I thought our defense held on probably about as long as they could," Sarkisian said. "You can't go three-and-out four times in a row and expect those guys to just keep holding on. Ultimately, the dam broke."

Which leads back to where many have said the problem lies, OL. Watching the Sooners and the amount of time they have to stand in the pocket is something Texas hasn’t enjoyed for longer than I can remember. A dominate OL also allows a team to lean on and wear out a defense. We may have electric players that can score fast but we do not have the players to grind teams down.