Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Common Man Prediction Thread – UT vs Okie Lite

This game will tell us a lot about this team. Will they let something beat them twice? Or will they come out fired up to set the record straight? I think thats the most interesting aspect of this game.

Okie Lite has had some offensive troubles early in the season but seem to be coming out of the funk.

We can beat OSU by playing mistake-free football and capitalizing on whatever errors and turnovers we can get. We'll need to have our head on straight to win this one.

I'm banking on Sark having them ready.

Texas 35

OSU 21

Are we the same mental issue from the past or can the coaches get these guys focus correctly. They showed  a simple fix at the QB position worked last time ee had a loss; however, it wasn't a QB issue on Saturday, so fixing or replacing OL/DL/TE going to be done. Not certain how or who replaces Whittington  if he is out maybe K. Robinson or Harrison?  Plus we need more A. Collins and less Jett Bush at DE. Need to see Sanders at TE otherwise move him to DE and be the unstoppable passrusher he can be with A. Collins on the other side. That's  difference making.

I think they fix enough to win and go into the bye week to do work on more stuff.

Texas 42- OSU 35.  We have the home field and better RB and WR groups maybe for the 1st time in a long time in this matchup. 

Before the start of the season, I thought we would go 9-3 and did not think we would win both of these back-to-back games against the dirt burglars and Okie Lite. I still think it's BS that's we're having to play them in back-to-back weeks (thanks Big 12). Hopefully we see some pissed off Horns that take out their frustration on the Pokes.

Texas 45

Pokes 34

14 hours ago, david ficken said:

Are we the same mental issue from the past or can the coaches get these guys focus correctly. They showed  a simple fix at the QB position worked last time ee had a loss; however, it wasn't a QB issue on Saturday, so fixing or replacing OL/DL/TE going to be done. Not certain how or who replaces Whittington  if he is out maybe K. Robinson or Harrison?  Plus we need more A. Collins and less Jett Bush at DE. Need to see Sanders at TE otherwise move him to DE and be the unstoppable passrusher he can be with A. Collins on the other side. That's  difference making.

I think they fix enough to win and go into the bye week to do work on more stuff.

Texas 42- OSU 35.  We have the home field and better RB and WR groups maybe for the 1st time in a long time in this matchup. 

I've read elsewhere that Kerstetter is moving back to RT, Angilau to LG, Karic & Jones competing for LT, and Imade & Conner competing for RG.

Good to see Joshua Moore step up against OU, so he'll be targeted more often without Whittington. Yeah, why not play K-Rob at slot? He's the fastest man on the field.

Sark mentioned Collins in his presser, so expect more snaps for him at DE. I'd like to see us run more 4-man fronts with more gap penetration.

1 hour ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

I've read elsewhere that Kerstetter is moving back to RT, Angilau to LG, Karic & Jones competing for LT, and Imade & Conner competing for RG.

Good to see Joshua Moore step up against OU, so he'll be targeted more often without Whittington. Yeah, why not play K-Rob at slot? He's the fastest man on the field.

Sark mentioned Collins in his presser, so expect more snaps for him at DE. I'd like to see us run more 4-man fronts with more gap penetration.

If true, I like the juggling of the OL. Kerstetter has seemed serviceable at RT, Angilau is experienced although not great at LG, always have believed Karic is a better fit at LT, and actually think Jones did better at RT. Hopefully, the changes will pay immediate dividends. 

11 hours ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

Good!  Glad to see snd hear that the head coach is about fixing issues quickly and not making excuses like the previous two  coaches did.  I don't  care if it's  a 3 man or 4 man front for pressure as much as we get the pressures  needed for mistakes  from their QB or changes  from their coaches. 

Plus I would like Sark to be more aggressive at the end of the 1st half if possible.

With Whittington out let's  see what Washington/Dixon can do. Hopefully K. Robinson and Harrison see the field more as well. 

Not sold on Washington and Woodard, but maybe they prove me wrong. Hope they do. Moore needs to show more as well. 

As I said in different threads, Collins, Sweat, and Broughton with Thornton as a front 4 with Overshown, Ovio O., and Davis at the LBs spots are a better front 7 than what we have shown.

At OL:

Anyone not name Jones at LT works for me, J.A. at LG is good, Majors at Center, Imade at RG has the size now does he have the ability and understanding, Kerstetter at RT is fine. Question is Johnson injured again or did his back issue from family history show up again?  As long as C. Jones takes  some time to understand and learn from the issues to be a better OL going forward.  Maybe Conner and Parr and Ghirmai can be helpful  on the inside G/C/G positions  and Garth and hookfin with Johnson and then Jones at tackle positions. 

Hate to hear that Jones and Whittington are out with surguries, but A. Collins needs to make statements now foe being the right DE. Maybe Myron Warren moves to DE to help out as J. Bush isn't the answer at DE.

7 hours ago, david ficken said:

Good!  Glad to see snd hear that the head coach is about fixing issues quickly and not making excuses like the previous two  coaches did.  I don't  care if it's  a 3 man or 4 man front for pressure as much as we get the pressures  needed for mistakes  from their QB or changes  from their coaches. 

Plus I would like Sark to be more aggressive at the end of the 1st half if possible.

With Whittington out let's  see what Washington/Dixon can do. Hopefully K. Robinson and Harrison see the field more as well. 

Not sold on Washington and Woodard, but maybe they prove me wrong. Hope they do. Moore needs to show more as well. 

As I said in different threads, Collins, Sweat, and Broughton with Thornton as a front 4 with Overshown, Ovio O., and Davis at the LBs spots are a better front 7 than what we have shown.

At OL:

Anyone not name Jones at LT works for me, J.A. at LG is good, Majors at Center, Imade at RG has the size now does he have the ability and understanding, Kerstetter at RT is fine. Question is Johnson injured again or did his back issue from family history show up again?  As long as C. Jones takes  some time to understand and learn from the issues to be a better OL going forward.  Maybe Conner and Parr and Ghirmai can be helpful  on the inside G/C/G positions  and Garth and hookfin with Johnson and then Jones at tackle positions. 

Hate to hear that Jones and Whittington are out with surguries, but A. Collins needs to make statements now foe being the right DE. Maybe Myron Warren moves to DE to help out as J. Bush isn't the answer at DE.

The next big hope at OT is Hookfin. He's a very talented player but still green. I say give him a shot. Got to be better than Jones.

Forget Ghirmai. Not happening.