Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GAME THREAD: #21 Texas Longhorns vs. #6 Oklahoma Sooners

We had no answer for the direct snap to Kennedy Brooks. They ran it early with success. I knew we'd see it again.

Painful loss. We had an 18 pt lead and lost it.

Xavier Worthy deserves some praise. Kid made a mistake, but came back to redeem himself. Thats moxie.

OU was determined to shut down Bijan. Still we had success through the air . . . when we had time.

It sucks, another year of living with this. The only solace I take is this is Sark's first go-round and he, for a half at least, won the battle. We haven't come close to out-coaching an OU staff in years and years.

OL is killing us. I don't know what we do. Having Jones out there is like having a tackling dummy there. Seriously. Rewatch the game and watch him. He's not the only issue we have. Why is our center jumping for crying out loud? Happened twice I think.

Glad to see Moore get some touches. He can make Worthy more effective if he continues to step up.

Very disappointed we didn't see K-Rob. Wasted opportunity, IMO.

I didnt get to see the game (mother's funeral and finishing up in SA before i leave), but it sounds like it played out the way we ALL knew it would.  A lot of us hoped against hope, but this set of guys just dont have the mental makeup yet.  These are Herman traits left over.  I dont think this game changes the recruiting fire at the moment. Im sure Campbell probably saw that he could start day 1 and Im betting Stewart saw what Worthy did.  Texas needs 2 - 3 more solid OL (22 kids or portal), a shutdown corner and high speed LB.  Kids see that.  They know this team is right there and one game does not change that.  Now the real test comes, can they bounce back and take care of OSU and go into Ames and beat ISU.  They do that and they will see this team again in December.

1. This was a gut punch loss.

2. Why did Sark go away from the first half game plan. I give ou's defense credit but they aren't that good. We stopped attacking the corners and started running Bijan between the tackles.

3. No one can play defense in the Big 12, but all we needed was one stop. Coach K should have been able to generate that.

4. We will meet those bastards again. Texas shouldn't lose another game this season. It's Texas and ou and then there is the rest. Baylor & Okie lite might hang in there but Texas has shown this season that they have the best offense in the conference.

1 minute ago, texbound said:

I didnt get to see the game (mother's funeral and finishing up in SA before i leave), but it sounds like it played out the way we ALL knew it would.  A lot of us hoped against hope, but this set of guys just dont have the mental makeup yet.  These are Herman traits left over.  I dont think this game changes the recruiting fire at the moment. Im sure Campbell probably saw that he could start day 1 and Im betting Stewart saw what Worthy did.  Texas needs 2 - 3 more solid OL (22 kids or portal), a shutdown corner and high speed LB.  Kids see that.  They know this team is right there and one game does not change that.  Now the real test comes, can they bounce back and take care of OSU and go into Ames and beat ISU.  They do that and they will see this team again in December.

Sorry for your loss Tex.

3 minutes ago, texbound said:

Sorry for your loss Bro. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Your analysis is spot on. This team is on the verge regardless of today's result.

Posts really changed from first to second half. Just like Horns offence.

Kool ade jar just sprung a leak. Shades of Fred Akers fumbled kick cost another victory. On the coaches not the player.

What is Texas needs for improvement?

QB   WR   RB all looked good to me.Sure not sold on defence an its scheme.

Better luck next year I would like to see one more victory over ou sucks

And on the defence can we ger a DB coach that teaches play the ball not the reciever.

1 minute ago, General Hooker said:

As I remember the BYU game that got Manny Diaz fired, the defense was not quite as bad as today in the 2nd half. 

Kwiatkowski needs to improve by the end of the season. 

Seemed like a lot more 3 man fronts in the second half. Never a fan of a prevent type defense. 

22 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

We had no answer for the direct snap to Kennedy Brooks. They ran it early with success. I knew we'd see it again.

Painful loss. We had an 18 pt lead and lost it.

Xavier Worthy deserves some praise. Kid made a mistake, but came back to redeem himself. Thats moxie.

OU was determined to shut down Bijan. Still we had success through the air . . . when we had time.

It sucks, another year of living with this. The only solace I take is this is Sark's first go-round and he, for a half at least, won the battle. We haven't come close to out-coaching an OU staff in years and years.

OL is killing us. I don't know what we do. Having Jones out there is like having a tackling dummy there. Seriously. Rewatch the game and watch him. He's not the only issue we have. Why is our center jumping for crying out loud? Happened twice I think.

Glad to see Moore get some touches. He can make Worthy more effective if he continues to step up.

Very disappointed we didn't see K-Rob. Wasted opportunity, IMO.

Offensive line has trouble with defensive line stunting.  OU stunted last year and got pressure and stunted today and got pressure.  I don’t know but we got to get way better in there.  
Seems like our defensive line runs into the guy in front of him and locks up right there.  Can’t get separated from them.  
In the second half when they were determined to not let Bijan kill them……..to me it would have been nice to see Keilan Robinson.  It’s odd that we don’t use him anymore than we do.  
We need to get this one behind us quickly and try to win out and play them again.  We got a ways to go to be a top tier team.  Hope we can keep recruiting well and maybe be up from here 

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Huskie1 said:

We lost because we couldn’t stop the run IMHO. Many plays here and there by both teams but in the second half, ou stopped the run, we didn’t. 
That has to get better as we move forward. 

Absolutely.  While the O-Line had more than its share of struggles today, Thompson and the offense scored enough points to win the game.  The defensive line and linebackers were manhandled when Williams came in at QB.  The secondary gave up huge plays on 3rd & 4th downs as well.  Kwiatkowski will have plenty of highlight material to share with his guys this week ahead of Oklahoma State next Saturday.

BTW -- Ok. State game time has still not been released but I would bank on another 11:00 am game.

on the offensive side of the ball Texas has the players to compete with anyone in the nation

on the defensive side of the ball Texas doesnt have enough legit playmakers to be a serious contender for a conference champion. I will give Kwiatkowski a pass for now  because he is using smoke and mirrors to paste together a legit defense  with an empty shelf left over from the previous administration

Sark showed me that he is indeed one of the best play callers in the country, he has a world class RB with a mediocre OL, and above average QB who looked like a world beater at times but also missed some throws that should have been made

This was gut punch of epic proportions not going to get over this overnight, maybe longer, IMO we are at least one or two great recruiting classes away from being a championship program again

22 minutes ago, Hiwood said:

on the offensive side of the ball Texas has the players to compete with anyone in the nation

on the defensive side of the ball Texas doesnt have enough legit playmakers to be a serious contender for a conference champion. I will give Kwiatkowski a pass for now  because he is using smoke and mirrors to paste together a legit defense  with an empty shelf left over from the previous administration

Sark showed me that he is indeed one of the best play callers in the country, he has a world class RB with a mediocre OL, and above average QB who looked like a world beater at times but also missed some throws that should have been made

This was gut punch of epic proportions not going to get over this overnight, maybe longer, IMO we are at least one or two great recruiting classes away from being a championship program again

I wanted Ash to be retained at the time, and I’m getting more and more restless the more I see of this.

10 minutes ago, 83Dee said:

When we have a chance to close out a game, I’d like to see our defense pretend like they might get a stop.  That 99 yard TCU drive was a bit troubling... this was down-right alarming.  

The D gave up then and quit again in the 2nd half.