Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Texas Baseball Fall Coverage (Also 2022 Schedule now included)


joeywa
 Share

Recommended Posts

Solid schedule.  After the fall world series, should we be more worried about the hitting or pitching?  The scores show pitching, but maybe that is our hitters over our pitchers?  Joewya what is your thoughts?  Are we better at htting this year with good to solid pitching? Or should we be concerned with our pitching and think that better pitchers can get our hitters?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
9 hours ago, david ficken said:

Solid schedule.  After the fall world series, should we be more worried about the hitting or pitching?  The scores show pitching, but maybe that is our hitters over our pitchers?  Joewya what is your thoughts?  Are we better at htting this year with good to solid pitching? Or should we be concerned with our pitching and think that better pitchers can get our hitters?

After Fall WS you shouldn’t be worried about anything. This team is absolutely loaded. Pitching, Hitting & Fielding. Texas will be ranked in the Top 5 in pretty much all preseason polls. Staff will need to make a few cuts to get the roster to the required number, but this team has a chance to be really good. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
9 hours ago, david ficken said:

Thanks Joeywa.

Just curious after the suspect hitting from last year.  That's being nice seeing some really bad swings at bad pitches, but if they are better which it seems is good. Figured we were highly ranked, and helpfully we are as good as it looks.

 

No problem. 

I'm not certain what 'suspect hitting' you're referencing from last season.  Sure, there were some bad ABs over the course of the season, and by a few guy in particular, but overall Texas hit .275 as a team in 2021.  This is the best Texas team batting average since the 2010 team hit .286

For comparison, here are the teams in Omaha and their 2021 BA:

Champ: Miss St. .278

Runner up: Vandy .285

Texas: .275

NC State: .286

Virginia: .266

Stanford: .283

Tennessee: .279

Arizona: .325

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, joeywa said:

No problem. 

I'm not certain what 'suspect hitting' you're referencing from last season.  Sure, there were some bad ABs over the course of the season, and by a few guy in particular, but overall Texas hit .275 as a team in 2021.  This is the best Texas team batting average since the 2010 team hit .286

For comparison, here are the teams in Omaha and their 2021 BA:

Champ: Miss St. .278

Runner up: Vandy .285

Texas: .275

NC State: .286

Virginia: .266

Stanford: .283

Tennessee: .279

Arizona: .325

 

Hey Joey,

Don't get me wrong. It was better at bats overall, but the suspect batting comes from seeing what we did against WV in conference games even with us winning 2 games, but again against them in the conference  tournament. Right or wrong? Maybe the suspect hitting was just certain players with bad at bats. But it showed against better pitching more times than otherwise seen. But maybe that was last year and this year which looks to be great.

We all want the best results which is a national  championship in June is it now? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
8 hours ago, david ficken said:

Hey Joey,

Don't get me wrong. It was better at bats overall, but the suspect batting comes from seeing what we did against WV in conference games even with us winning 2 games, but again against them in the conference  tournament. Right or wrong? Maybe the suspect hitting was just certain players with bad at bats. But it showed against better pitching more times than otherwise seen. But maybe that was last year and this year which looks to be great.

We all want the best results which is a national  championship in June is it now? 

You're not wrong regarding certain players.  But overall, I'll take the improvement and the highest team BA in 11 seasons (10 if you discount the shortened 2020 campaign.)  That's a tremendous accomplishment and something to build on. 

Omaha is June 17-27th.  Mark it down.  🤘🏼

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

Our Affiliation

USATDP_Logo.png

Quick Links

×
×
  • Create New...