Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

First red river rivalry!

14 hours ago, texasdalton said:

Guys iv been living in F###ing Florida for the last 17 year and have been to games in Austin but never been to this one. Me and a friend just bought tickets, his first time in Dallas. Is anyone tailgating? iv been a periodic poster over the last 6 years and full time drinker.

OU Sucks!

The tailgate is the Fair. My crew hangs out in the food court before the game. It is always fun. Chanting ou sucks back and forth with ou fans who chant Boomer Sooner. A few things

1. Get in the Fair before 8am

2. Buy plenty of coupons early. The lines will be long late.

6 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

The tailgate is the Fair. My crew hangs out in the food court before the game. It is always fun. Chanting ou sucks back and forth with ou fans who chant Boomer Sooner. A few things

1. Get in the Fair before 8am

2. Buy plenty of coupons early. The lines will be long late.

Great to know, that sounds like the plan then. Is there anyway to buy coupons prior to arrival or do they need to be bought on site?

Going to the Texas-OU game is a must at least once in your life, especially if you live in the DFW area...but after doing it once or twice you realize  you can buy Fletcher corny dogs at the store and sit at home and watch the game  and get just as inebriated as you wish and yell obscenities at the refs or your team as the game progresses or deteriorates

I lived of IH 35 in the Lake Dallas area for a couple of years and it was always fun to watch the massive migration of cars going south on IH35 in a sea of crimson, even more fun to watch them slink back up north under the cover of darkness on Sat evening if they lost....was no fun if they won because I had to see signs of the score every hundred yards coming out of the metroplex

3 hours ago, Hiwood said:

Going to the Texas-OU game is a must at least once in your life, especially if you live in the DFW area...but after doing it once or twice you realize  you can buy Fletcher corny dogs at the store and sit at home and watch the game  and get just as inebriated as you wish and yell obscenities at the refs or your team as the game progresses or deteriorates

I lived of IH 35 in the Lake Dallas area for a couple of years and it was always fun to watch the massive migration of cars going south on IH35 in a sea of crimson, even more fun to watch them slink back up north under the cover of darkness on Sat evening if they lost....was no fun if they won because I had to see signs of the score every hundred yards coming out of the metroplex

I live across the bridge from Lake Dallas. And I know exactly what you're talking about with the parade of mobile homes full of married cousins. 

What I've noticed is – when they win, they all stop at some place along the interstate and eat. They always act like they own the place when they walk in and are the loudest people in there. 

When they lose, they won't stop until they get across the Red.

They are an obnoxious bunch.

31 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I live across the bridge from Lake Dallas. And I know exactly what you're talking about with the parade of mobile homes full of married cousins. 

What I've noticed is – when they win, they all stop at some place along the interstate and eat. They always act like they own the place when they walk in and are the loudest people in there. 

Oh heck yes, they would stop at the only diner we had in town (circa 1983-85) and they would also stop at every eatery in Denton and there was no doubt where they were from, even those that were Texas residents but decided to go to school in Norman....even when I moved back to Austin I worked with a couple of OU alums and they thought their **** didnt stink...

10 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

You going to the game? 

I want to go so badly this year, but I can’t. 

I did, however, buy some Queso Blanco dip, which is almost as good as mine. I’m planning on celebrating our win.