Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Common Man Prediction Thread – UT vs the hated Sooners

I hate OU.

Anyway, Texas passed a key test this past week without letting too much out of the offensive bag. They grinded out a win and ran with what was working. 

I think that will be useful to Texas this week when they step on the big stage with the hated Sooners. 

OU has proven to have some offensive issues this year so far, which has limited their scoring (save some poor HS team they played). Their defense has held it together but seem vulnerable to a real offense.

I think the momentum sways to our favor this year. We're due. We have a good coach and staff who game plan well and exercise good play calling. We have talent, we have speed. 

Texas 34

OU 24

7 minutes ago, dillohorn said:

ou 42          Horns 28            hope I'm wrong, but the long balls (both ways) give ou the edge. Maybe Bijan will work some more magic, but UT is going to have to have a good passing game to stay in the game.

Say what you want, our passing offense is more efficient than theirs.

We're getting 8.8 yards per attempt and 13.09 yards per completion. 

OU is getting 7.91 yards per attempt and 10.63 yards per completion.

Texas has 11 touchdown passes

OU has 10 touchdown passes

OU has attempted 176 passes through five games

Texas has attempted 115 passes through five games.

Our rushing offense ranks 5th while OU's ranks 75th.

45-38 horns.

I have zero insider info, but sark isn’t stupid and knows this game can launch Texas in recruiting with LSU and the ags having major issues. 

The team in my view seems to be having fun again, where as last year it seemed there was no confidence and they relied on Sam to take over Herman terrible coaching.

We pick rattler 2 times, returning 1. OU brings in Williams. And OU ends up having a big QB competition.

Its 8:20…..

UT has to get off to a good start and not get blown away with the emotion of the game and look up and find themselves down two scores. UT cant let OU dictate the tempo of the game, they need to get Bijan the ball in space early and make OU chase....as with every RRS turnovers will be the key

OU is ripe for the picking, they are loaded with talent but have not been showing it on the field...the secondary has to come up big or Rattler will cut them to pieces

The underdog has a good history at the RR Shootout. OU seems over rated and vulnerable this year, lacking dominant wins. Texas is still finding it's groove, and we'll see if Texas running strength continues against higher quality athletes. Both teams struggling in the passing game, but it only takes a few good ones to change the game. Both teams should open the playbook in this crucial Big 12 matchup. 

Homer pick, UT 35 OK 28

https://www.espn.com/college-football/game/_/gameId/401287918

UT + 3.5 O/U 63.5

Team Stats

201.png&h=100&w=100 251.png&h=100&w=100
Points Per Game 38.4 43.8
Points Allowed Per Game 19.0 24.0
Total Yards 433.4 472.8
Yards Passing 278.4 204.2
Yards Rushing 155.0 268.6
Yards Allowed 325.0 394.4
Pass Yards Allowed 241.4 224.4
Rush Yards Allowed 83.6

2 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Casey is going to have to make some throws that he has been proven he can't make. Tough match up this week.   I lean ou but weird things happen in rival games. With that said Texas is ou bitch until proven otherwise 

as much as it pains me to admit that you are right ....You are right

and if Texas wants to regain its long lost DeLoss Dodds moniker as the Jones, they have to start winning these games and winning them convincingly, the recruiting implications and ripple effect could be enormous

19 hours ago, Hiwood said:

as much as it pains me to admit that you are right ....You are right

and if Texas wants to regain its long lost DeLoss Dodds moniker as the Jones, they have to start winning these games and winning them convincingly, the recruiting implications and ripple effect could be enormous

Mack Brown 7-9

Strong 1-2

Herman 1-4

Sark?    Time will tell.

26 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Mack Brown 7-9

Strong 1-3

Herman 1-4

Sark?    Time will tell.

I  think Strong was 1-2 vs ou sucks.  It does seem like Strong was here for longer. It was just a looooonnnng 3 years.

As for this year, I think Thompson will have a much better game than TCU and all of the playbook will be used.

Texas 55

ou sucks 35

5 minutes ago, General Hooker said:

I  think Strong was 1-2 vs ou sucks.  It does seem like Strong was here for longer. It was just a looooonnnng 3 years.

As for this year, I think Thompson will have a much better game than TCU and all of the playbook will be used.

Texas 55

ou sucks 35

It will be interesting to see just how much comes out. Does a guy like Sark hold stuff back? We will see.