Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Game Thread: Texas vs. TCU

3 hours ago, Noonan said:

We ran two I back inside lead plays from the 1 yard line. It was about as traditional of a short yardage play as you can run. 

Wishbone? Let's bring more guys into the box when we can hardly block the 5/6 guys that are in there now.

Give me a break. We are getting yards in the run game because we have a special talent at RB. His yards after contact are insane. The last thing we need to do is bring more guys into the back field and therefore bring more defenders into the box.

Not full time, but as a wrinkle, I would try it  until they stop it. If nothing else, it would give the next opponent something else to worry about. Just a thought. 

12 hours ago, Johnny Depp said:

Yep, or some derivative. We have a coach committed to the Alabama style ultra conservative run. The strongest position on the team is running backs with speed. Seems like a great fit.

https://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2011/7/11/2265209/inside-the-clemson-offense-the-wishbone-to-the-inverted-wishbone

Have you watched any games this year.  We are very balanced.  The TCU game wasn't because Bijan was all that worked.  For all of Patterson's shortcomings as he's a great defensive coach and they had a good game plan.  TCU just couldn't contain the best player in college football this year.  For whatever reason, the receivers with the exception of JWhitt had the dropsies or the no shows.  Happens sometimes.  The offense has issues on the line that are beginning to look better as the year goes on.  Against OU if the receivers make their catches the field goals will turn into touchdowns.   

And I don't think you have even watched an Alabama since 2014.  They aren't an ultra conservative run team.  Last year a wide receiver from Alabama won the Heisman.  They pass.  They do pass off the run.  They like to have 1500 yard rushers and 1500 yard receivers.  So would I, but it will take longer than an offseason and 5 games to get there.  But I think we have found our 1500 yard rusher.     

36 minutes ago, Wayne said:

Have you watched any games this year.  We are very balanced.  The TCU game wasn't because Bijan was all that worked.  For all of Patterson's shortcomings as he's a great defensive coach and they had a good game plan.  TCU just couldn't contain the best player in college football this year.  For whatever reason, the receivers with the exception of JWhitt had the dropsies or the no shows.  Happens sometimes.  The offense has issues on the line that are beginning to look better as the year goes on.  Against OU if the receivers make their catches the field goals will turn into touchdowns.   

And I don't think you have even watched an Alabama since 2014.  They aren't an ultra conservative run team.  Last year a wide receiver from Alabama won the Heisman.  They pass.  They do pass off the run.  They like to have 1500 yard rushers and 1500 yard receivers.  So would I, but it will take longer than an offseason and 5 games to get there.  But I think we have found our 150 yard rusher.     

We aren't balanced. 90th in pass offense avg. 204.2. Rushing offense #5 avg. 265.8. Total offense #22 avg. 470.

The SEC is a line of scrimmage game. Alabama has controlled it for years. That makes everything else easier.