Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Game Thread: Texas vs. TCU

32 minutes ago, TexCoyote said:

People are second guessing going for it on the 1 yard line instead of kicking the field goal.  I mean after it doesn’t work everyone says damn that was a bad decision we should have kicked the field goal.  Sark is going to go for almost all of those because 1) It sends a message to your offensive line of toughness. Knock them off the ball. Our OLine is still trying to gain confidence. 2) It breaks the will of the defense to get pushed back. 3) You’ve got the best running back in the country so high percentage he’s going to get in.  
He’s trying to form this team like Saban has Alabama.  I get it that we’re a long ways from Alabama but it’s about setting the culture of your program. 
Ok it didn’t work and now everyone is saying that they would have kicked.  For me it would have been nice to not let them drive 99 yards in a couple of minutes.  It’d been nice to make them use some clock because they were going slow.  We needed a stop and the game is over there.  
Glad we had Bijan to get a couple of first down on tough running to end the game.  
In the past 11 years I believe we would have found ways to lose that game.  We got a ways to go but we found a way to win it.  Ugly are not doesn’t matter.  We got a W.  That’s all that matters to me. 
Hook’em 🤘🤘🐂🐂

Very well stated sir.

bottom line is that Texas won a game that in the past two administrations we might have lost...not saying he outcoached Gary P. but he had the good sense to feed his show pony and work horse, whereas in the past we would have a QB throwing 35 times in a game, would you have ever guessed that we had a RB with that many carries

Now we see the first litmus test for Sark and his staff on how they prepare for Red River

9 minutes ago, Hiwood said:

bottom line is that Texas won a game that in the past two administrations we might have lost...not saying he outcoached Gary P. but he had the good sense to feed his show pony and work horse, whereas in the past we would have a QB throwing 35 times in a game, would you have ever guessed that we had a RB with that many carries

Now we see the first litmus test for Sark and his staff on how they prepare for Red River

Might????  Guaranteed Herman loses that game

1 hour ago, TexCoyote said:

People are second guessing going for it on the 1 yard line instead of kicking the field goal.  I mean after it doesn’t work everyone says damn that was a bad decision we should have kicked the field goal.  Sark is going to go for almost all of those because 1) It sends a message to your offensive line of toughness. Knock them off the ball. Our OLine is still trying to gain confidence. 2) It breaks the will of the defense to get pushed back. 3) You’ve got the best running back in the country so high percentage he’s going to get in.  
He’s trying to form this team like Saban has Alabama.  I get it that we’re a long ways from Alabama but it’s about setting the culture of your program. 
Ok it didn’t work and now everyone is saying that they would have kicked.  For me it would have been nice to not let them drive 99 yards in a couple of minutes.  It’d been nice to make them use some clock because they were going slow.  We needed a stop and the game is over there.  
Glad we had Bijan to get a couple of first down on tough running to end the game.  
In the past 11 years I believe we would have found ways to lose that game.  We got a ways to go but we found a way to win it.  Ugly are not doesn’t matter.  We got a W.  That’s all that matters to me. 
Hook’em 🤘🤘🐂🐂

Tcu’s last drive took 5 minutes. They took the ball over with 9:32 left they scored with 4:30 left. And we ran out the clock. The defense played to keep everything in front of them. Inexplicably tcu didn’t play with any urgency. 

26 minutes ago, Wayne said:

Tcu’s last drive took 5 minutes. They took the ball over with 9:32 left they scored with 4:30 left. And we ran out the clock. The defense played to keep everything in front of them. Inexplicably tcu didn’t play with any urgency. 

Ok cool. I didn’t go back and check the time. I don’t know why they were going slow or they would have scored in two minutes.  I’d like to see our defense not let them go 99 yards and the game is over.  Again we won so it was good.  We found a way to beat a team that we should beat but for some reason we haven’t been able to.  We are showing improvement.  🤘🤘

1 hour ago, Wayne said:

I believe by then Patterson had pronounced Zach Evans as too tired to play. Otherwise, they would have cut that time in half with what Evans was doing to us on the field.

I find it hard to believe an athlete the caliber of Evans could be "tired" after 15 carries. Something else was going on.

4 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I believe by then Patterson had pronounced Zach Evans as too tired to play. Otherwise, they would have cut that time in half with what Evans was doing to us on the field.

I find it hard to believe an athlete the caliber of Evans could be "tired" after 15 carries. Something else was going on.

I heard he put his hands on one of the staff?

I didnt get to watch the game live but taped it and watched it later.  Bijan is an absolute gamer.  The kid has to be tired and sore as hell.  I would take 1 Bijan over 100 Zach Evans anyday.  Besides being a gifted runner he is very humble and great personality and smile.  We are lucky to have him.  He is quickly becoming one of my favorite longhorns of all time.

I wasnt sold on Sark in the beginning but I appear to be wrong.  Hes cool and calm and looks to be the right person for the job.  I enjoy watching his conferences.  Atleast he isn't that 8 year old Herman.

Wasnt a pretty win and turnovers made the difference.  I was a little disappointed in the passing game and Worthy but shrug it off and get ready for the spooners.

A win is a win especially against that head case Patterson and TCU.  To top it off sheep shaggers lost so I am basking in the glow today. 

15 hours ago, david ficken said:

So, we left 14-28 points  on the field. Give TCU  defense  a little credit for that. 

The weather wasn't the issue like some claimed, but the refs were  bigger issues. Betting that CDC and Sark are pointing out the issues like in the past, but the difference is now we have leverage as to when we leave the Big 12 refs for the SEC refs. If you didn't see, on a play A&M defensive player bodyslammed a Miss. State player with no call and we were called for a personal fouled for the same type play agsinst Tech.

The only turnover from Casey should've had a minimum defensive holding if not interfering on the corner covering Worthy. 

Momma Card nice try on the 3 ints. But only you want to point  that out on a win.  Way to show team unity. B!tch!

footballfail-triple.gif

15 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

Different chain of thought. Does Sark have a short yardage play in his book?

We ran two I back inside lead plays from the 1 yard line. It was about as traditional of a short yardage play as you can run. 

Wishbone? Let's bring more guys into the box when we can hardly block the 5/6 guys that are in there now.

Give me a break. We are getting yards in the run game because we have a special talent at RB. His yards after contact are insane. The last thing we need to do is bring more guys into the back field and therefore bring more defenders into the box.

1 hour ago, Noonan said:

We ran two I back inside lead plays from the 1 yard line. It was about as traditional of a short yardage play as you can run. 

Wishbone? Let's bring more guys into the box when we can hardly block the 5/6 guys that are in there now.

Give me a break. We are getting yards in the run game because we have a special talent at RB. His yards after contact are insane. The last thing we need to do is bring more guys into the back field and therefore bring more defenders into the box.

Those defenders are already there. 3 in the backfield gives more options or decoys and blockers.

If it's a race to the sideline and you have the fastest guys who can get to the corner...

I'd imagine we already have a play where Roshon is a passer.

This is all just fantasy, it's not likely our HC and OC change their stripes.