Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Game Thread: Texas vs. TCU

Good win. Some people on this board seem to think we're a powerhouse program and should be mud stomping every one we see. Guess what. We ain't. This was a game  that we lose with our last 3 coaches.  Our offense is fine. The defense usually takes longer to get right so hopefully by the end of the year it will be where it needs to be.

On to blow u. They seem more beatable than last year. I think the blow u game goes a lot to determining what this team makeup is.

Pouring myself some Johnnie Walker and enjoying my horns winning and the rest of the evening.

21 minutes ago, Miles_AF said:

Banged up doesn’t mean you go in and get blown out…

Well, I guess it did. Several key players not at 100%, several of those simply playing hurt. You can get away with that some times. But inside Georgia's hedges, probably not.

We got blown out and we were completely healthy.

This was a quality win. TCU is a good team with dangerous weapons. We knocked one of them out of the game early. Zach Evans is a quality back and hurt us several times.

Bijan carried this team late. And if you have to have someone do that, you want it to be a RB. That means your OL is winning at the LOS. I think Bijan won the battle of the RBs today.

In hindsight, I think two of the FGs should have been touchdowns. But this was a road game in a hostile environment against a coaching staff that spends half their lives game planning Texas.

I'll take the win. We won on the road in a big conference game. It was a big game because in the past, we would have lost this one. Instead, we toughed it out and finished.

If we can frustrate Spencer Rattler early next week, we will beat OU. They'll stop Bijan early, but he'll get his yards as the game wears on.

Bijan is great, we can agree on that. He also gets far and away the most touches. He has a tendency to run where the play is called instead of the green space, which he improved upon as the game went on. 

Bijan being great doesn't mean Roshon and Kelian shouldn't get plenty of touches, and Casey should use his legs more frequently. 

The run game is our best weapon, and in the Big 12 we will have to be able to score quickly when our defense runs up against a good passing team. We don't want to be down a few scores and try to pass our way back into a game, because we can't, and that is not just on the QB at all. 

I thought Whittington's catch in the third quarter is probably the best I've seen him make. Acrobatic and stayed with it. Props to J-Whit.

I didn't notice, did Josh Moore make a catch today?

Overshown did a much better job tackling today

I thought Anthony Cook had a great game. The sack, then getting up and recovering the fumble was outstanding.

Karic should be starting over Jones. Jones is going to get someone killed.

Sark got K-Rob some touches late and I'm glad of that. But that should have started in the 1st quarter, not the 4th. Thats got to change. He's a weapon.

21 minutes ago, NEOkHorn said:

If BJ isn’t top two in the Heisman conversation after this week, it’s darn near criminal. He is the best RB and possibly the best player in the country.

He's one of the best on the Longhorn team. He's played Rice and Tech. He's good, and I'm all for a Texas Heisman, but it's early, and if you aren't on a Championship team....

4 hours ago, Johnny Depp said:

He's one of the best on the Longhorn team. He's played Rice and Tech. He's good, and I'm all for a Texas Heisman, but it's early, and if you aren't on a Championship team....

As opposed to JT Daniels for Ga that hasn’t even played all of his team’s games and done very little to distinguish himself. As good as Ga has been, he is not Heisman worthy. Neither is Rattler.