Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Game Thread: Texas Tech Red Raiders @ Texas Longhorns

I’m not getting my hopes up yet.  It was a good win, but still a lot to fix.  The offense did their job putting away a team/defense that it was better than.  I liked the gameplan, it played to Texas’ strengths and the Weaknesses of the Tech Defense.  

Texas’ defense better stiffen up…. I’m looking at you secondary.  You can’t get beat over the top like that continuously.  I thought the DL was good, not great.  They applied pressure and never let the qb get comfortable.  

this should’ve been 70-14 final.  Defense gave up 21 points too much.

Granted that I was dog proofing my yard.  Who says a woman who wears a size 6-8 and is almost 70 can’t work full time and still be useful?

One day I will show y’all pictures of my work!  Still need to put up the cameras. That’s on tap for this morning. 

My question for you, drb, is who was playing when they scored those extra TD’s?  I’m getting ready to watch the game, so I can let you know if you like, but I am pretty certain we were substituting liberally. 

When you have scored 70 and played solid defense, it’s pretty safe to play younger players. That is how you develop a team. 

Hook ‘em!

27 minutes ago, java said:

Granted that I was dog proofing my yard.  Who says a woman who wears a size 6-8 and is almost 70 can’t work full time and still be useful?

One day I will show y’all pictures of my work!  Still need to put up the cameras. That’s on tap for this morning. 

My question for you, drb, is who was playing when they scored those extra TD’s?  I’m getting ready to watch the game, so I can let you know if you like, but I am pretty certain we were substituting liberally. 

When you have scored 70 and played solid defense, it’s pretty safe to play younger players. That is how you develop a team. 

Hook ‘em!

D’Shawn Jameson got beat, BJ Foster did as well.  The third one Schooler hit his own guy to free the receiver.  I believe it was Thompson, but not sure.  That’s 2 starters giving up big plays, possibly 3. Edit: 3rd was Jamison. He did a good job of pushing his guy to the sideline and he went oB.

on Tech’s first score, BJ had an opportunity to make an open field tackle and hold Tech to a FG attempt.  He missed the tackle.

I always rewatch games.

I’ve got to read more about camera installation. Leaving plenty of time to relocate if needed. Too many thefts of all types of things in this area recently to leave my babies unprotected. 

I bought cameras that record into the house. Just went out & checked angles. Think I need a third one for complete coverage.  Someone stole a Kubota tractor, all the bells and whistles from my neighbor.  Just loaded it onto a trailer and drove it off of their property.  

Just started watching the game.  

1 hour ago, Drb522 said:

D’Shawn Jameson got beat, BJ Foster did as well.  The third one Schooler hit his own guy to free the receiver.  I believe it was Thompson, but not sure.  That’s 2 starters giving up big plays, possibly 3. Edit: 3rd was Jamison. He did a good job of pushing his guy to the sideline and he went oB.

on Tech’s first score, BJ had an opportunity to make an open field tackle and hold Tech to a FG attempt.  He missed the tackle.

Tech's second TD, which happened right in front of me, was a beautifully thrown pass by the QB. I'm not sure BJ could have done anything to have prevented it. 

Man how good a pick up was Keilan Robinson.  The kid is a big time baller.  I still would like to see them work him in earlier on offense. Not that I am complaining about the offense or 70 points but this kid is highly dangerous.  He reminds me alot of Romance.  When he shifts gears there’s not many people that can stay even close to him.  Sark is a mastermind at attacking defenses.  I definitely see why most consider him one of the top play callers in the country.  70 points?  My goodness 

32 minutes ago, tejasrulz said:

Tech's second TD, which happened right in front of me, was a beautifully thrown pass by the QB. I'm not sure BJ could have done anything to have prevented it. 

He was beaten 3 steps.  He could’ve been faster, but we all know his limitations in pass coverage.  I’m ready for a younger guy to get his time.

33 minutes ago, Drb522 said:

He was beaten 3 steps.  He could’ve been faster, but we all know his limitations in pass coverage.  I’m ready for a younger guy to get his time.

I'll have to watch the replay, in real time it appeared BJ was closer to the WR than 3 steps. It was still a pretty pass though.

8 minutes ago, tejasrulz said:

I'll have to watch the replay, in real time it appeared BJ was closer to the WR than 3 steps. It was still a pretty pass though.

Beautiful pass… 1,3 or 10 steps…beaten is beaten.  Foster has never been good in coverage 

3 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I heard about that. Rattler is or once was a Heisman candidate. Now they boo him. 

I'm saying it right now, we will beat OU in two weeks.

I believe we have a better shot with Rattler as their QB.  He's not shown much so far this season, IMO.

I agree, to an extent. On Jamison, I thought he just got outrun. Maybe not. BJ missed the tackle. 

There were other miscues, but darn we are much improved, even from last week. The important thing:  Coach K and Sark aren’t satisfied. 

That means much more than any internet opinion. 

Worthy and Bijan are players!