Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Casey Thompson named starting QB vs Rice

8 hours ago, Captain Hookem said:

What do you mean by 'pass judgement'... You mean watching games and making observations? I'm not aware only Texas fans do this.

Sark has a pretty good record of training and putting QBs in the NFL. Card knows this, which is why he won't transfer. Long term he'll be a better QB by playing for Sark. Long term Texas will be a better football team for having Card as a starter.

He just wasn't ready as a freshman to walk into a hostile stadium and run a new offense. That's a pretty tough assignment, but also a reality of big time football. No one is holding it against Card that he wasn't ready yet. Every Texas fan I talk to looks forward to what he'll do in the future.

If you want to talk about emotions and being pissed, think about the opposite side of this... if you kept throwing Card out there before he's ready. That's a recipe to crush a young QB - destroying any confidence he has himself or fans have in his abilities. Sark is protecting him with this move, and in the press conference basically said this gives Card time to breathe. 

Card needs a little time to self-reflect and let last week's game become a character building experience. As opposed to throwing him back out there and maybe turning into a soul crushing experience. 

Good post agree with most of it but, you missed the part about horrible offensive line play contributing to his tough game.

3 hours ago, Baron said:

There is an excellent post by Darius Terrell on TFB. He is a former UT player if I remember correctly. It brings a players perspective to the QB situation. It is a must read in my opinion.

https://texas.thefootballbrainiacs.com/2021/09/open-post-weekend-september-17th-19th/

Read the comments. Darius has an opinion just like all of us. The team part sounds wrong and has racial tones IMO. To think that these players try harder for one guy over another is BS IMO. These guys room together. The statement that we didn't clear the bench because of a late hit on Card doesn't mean jack shit. We didn't clear the bench for the 2 targeting calls either. 

On 9/14/2021 at 12:39 PM, Sirhornsalot said:

You take live snaps from your fantasy starter?

You lose a chance to rebuild the confidence of Card who had it destroyed in FayetNam?

I mean, how many reasons do you need? lol

Sark is "letting" (lol) Thompson start because Card stunk the place up. Thompson scored TDs when given the chance.

Are you getting a door prize or steak knives if Card starts? lol

If you have no offensive line you have no QB. See Mahomes in the Super Bowl, sick of Card bashing by horrible fans.

On 9/15/2021 at 12:52 PM, oldhorn2 said:

anyone that does not believe the QB was the biggest problem against Arky should just imagine if Colt had been the QB. Same crappy Oline and same crappy defense.

I believe that Colt would have spotted and gotten the ball to those open receivers. I KNOW he would have hit the wide open deep passes, and I am sure he would have made decisive runs when all else failed. That would have allowed our defense some rest.

I am not saying all this to Dog on Card. I am merely trying to point out that the QB play in that game led to many of our problems.

Another terrible game evaluation…

8 minutes ago, HornsUpAllDay said:

Another terrible game evaluation…

What did he post that you would disagree with?

The O starts and ends with QB play. For whatever reason, Card had a pretty bad game.

I don't know why people are taking this stuff personally. It's not like your nephew is Hudson Card. . . right? lol

I don't think this is the end for Card. Maybe more of a pause. I want Card to get it right because we're going to need him to play at a high level.

We will not make it through the season with just one QB.

40 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

These two sound like twins!

DT has racial tones?

cab  UTHorn1989  20 hours ago

Well...he forgot to mention whether Card has a future with UT or with SMU. I guess that all depends on the players now...who they want as their QB in the future and who they're willing to play hard for and who they're willing to half ass it for. Funny how Clemson didn't rebel when Dabo chose Lawrence over Bryant and players at Bama didn't either when Tua was chosen over Hurts. But the players at Texas are so good, they feel they have the right to take sides. We'll probably see all the WR's running open from now and a couple of the linemen not actually screwing things up.

Maybe, just maybe, WR's were out there catching balls with Thompson because they're friends and they decided together to go do that. Maybe it was their way of showing up Card. Fact is, no one knows their motivation. What was Card supposed to do, go and crash "their" party. Give me a break.

16 hours ago, Johnny Depp said:

Read the comments. Darius has an opinion just like all of us. The team part sounds wrong and has racial tones IMO. To think that these players try harder for one guy over another is BS IMO. These guys room together. The statement that we didn't clear the bench because of a late hit on Card doesn't mean jack shit. We didn't clear the bench for the 2 targeting calls either. 

Racial tones? I'm assuming you said that because he mentioned JQJ? That's ridiculous. And BTW I'm not an SJW. And it does say a lot when the Olinemen don't defend their QB or RB. Flood needs to rectify that.

You hear all the time about successful players being the first to arrive a nd staying late. If Card isn't putting in the extra work then he is just resting on his laurels and we don't need that at QB.

Edited by Baron
Cliche correction