Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Game Day: #15 Texas Longhorns @ Arkansas Razorbacks

53 minutes ago, dillohorn said:

UT has no business going to the sec. Horns can't even close to winning the b12. No OL. No DL.  3 man rush and 5 Horns can't block them. We will be wishing this season would just end. Back to the drawing board............again. 

Sure looks that way, dillo.

On the positive side though, we still can't block, but the holding penalties were down. Maybe we should go back to holding. 

Thought I'd wait a day to post. First of all I'm sorry for your loss texbound. Losing a mom is hard, I still think of mine often.

The 2 targeting non calls by Arkansas. Why have replay if you're not going to use it. Either that or quit telling me it's for safety when both times were ignored and the announcers and their rules guru said both were obvious targeting calls.

Thompson should start and I've felt this way since it was announced. I know some will say "but Arkansas was playing soft by then". Look at the 4 plays from the 1/2 ft line and tell me they were playing soft. They didn't want Texas to score, period.

Card over threw 2 wide open WRs that could have been TDs or at least 1st downs and get Texas out of their own end of the field. Whittington also dropped passes this week that last week he caught. 

Defense and offense were bad, very bad, it was a team effort.

Arkansas was playing their bowl game and it showed. Texas was caught reading press clippings.

Bottom line is we got whupped, an old fashion arse kicking. It will be interesting to see how the team responds next week.

It looked to me like Card was trying to make the big play in the passing game is why he didn't tuck the ball and run more when things broke down. I love that he is keeping his eyes downfield but last night he needed to force the secondary to account for him. Thompson did a much better job of realizing the OL was not able to hold blocks long and getting positive yards when things fell apart. Card may get there but Thompson is the guy we need with the current OL.IMO

1 minute ago, java said:

Vince Young’s oline was pretty good, as was the Mike Deal offensive Line. 

If I remember correctly, Vince" line was mean at the point of attack. I don''t see any guys on this OL that I would take to a back alley fight. We need some guys with a bad attitude. Where is Conrad Dobler when you need him?lol

10 hours ago, texbound said:

What a shitty week.  My mom passes away on Thursday and I was really looking forward to this game so I could get lost for about 4 hours.  Well, that sucked.

This is no time to circle the wagons, but this is definitely time to challenge this team manhood. Stop resting on your laurels from the pre ious week because all that does is make you soft.  DL needs to dominate.  LBs need to tackle better, DBs need to stop playing soft coverage and body up the WRs, WRs need to catch TD passes if it hits them in hands and they need to get open, QB needs to be the leader on the field and hold others accountable and last but not least OL needs to stop playing flag football.

I am so sorry about your loss.  I lost my Mom in July, and I still haven’t gotten past it and will never forget what she brought to our lives.

Yet, the memories also give comfort. I pray that your memories give you comfort, as well.

11 hours ago, Drb522 said:

I can’t fault Card a whole lot.  The offensive game plan was not good.  Especially after seeing how Ark was going to play on 1st and 2nd downs.  Sark made no adjustments.  Just kept on doing the same thing.  Card was not helped by the play calling.  He wasn’t great, but this loss is on coaching.  Last week they schemed around the OL, this week it leaned on them and fell apart.  

if Casey does start from here on out, I’m okay with that too though.  He is evidently a gamer.  

You need to suit up for a quarter, I would think as a running back and linebacker. On special teams you can be the gunner. 

If you don’t lay down after 5 minutes; give away your helmet, shoulder pads, and shoes, and make it for the rest of the quarter, then you can call someone a quitter!

You really ticked me off. 
And don’t try to back it down like you did last night. No one quit except you. 

Now suit up or shut it down. 

Hook ‘em!

11 hours ago, NEOkHorn said:

Sark just said; "some things got spit out". Wonder if he meant some guys spit the bit out late. If that is what he is saying, he is calling some of his guys out. Sounds different to me than some of the back patting and coddling that has been done in the past few years. Unless I misunderstood what he was saying.

While I was watching the game, I thought that under duress, some players reverted to old, bad habits, such as whiffing on tackles, not wrapping up, etc.

It also seemed that some of the offensive line reverted when the going got tough.  It seemed to me, though, that the Pigs did overload the line. 

Isn’t that when we would normally bring in two blocking tight ends?  Do we have two that are healthy?  That would have made a difference. Sark isn’t an amateur. If we had them, I think he would have used them.

I hope this game is an anomaly. Maybe?  Possibly?  

50 minutes ago, NEOkHorn said:

If I remember correctly, Vince" line was mean at the point of attack. I don''t see any guys on this OL that I would take to a back alley fight. We need some guys with a bad attitude. Where is Conrad Dobler when you need him?lol

I think that one of them was a converted defensive lineman & very aggressive!

56 minutes ago, NEOkHorn said:

Conrad Dobler, that was one mean SOB back in the day! Going old school there bud.

59 minutes ago, NEOkHorn said:

It looked to me like Card was trying to make the big play in the passing game is why he didn't tuck the ball and run more when things broke down. I love that he is keeping his eyes downfield but last night he needed to force the secondary to account for him. Thompson did a much better job of realizing the OL was not able to hold blocks long and getting positive yards when things fell apart. Card may get there but Thompson is the guy we need with the current OL.IMO

He was trying the big plays because that’s all that they were calling.  The middle of the field was soft all night and I don’t remember any TE across the middle.  On 3rd and 7 the WR were still streaking down the field when card was needing to throw.  Our offensive game plan was terrible and was obviously not adjusted.  Sark is supposed to be an offensive guru but he put his offense in little opportunity to succeed.  This loss is not on Card.  He was put in horrible situations all night.  This loss is squarely on Sark.  He needs to own it and realize he failed to adjust.  Card was not accurate, for sure, but his skill set was not used right IMO.  Casey came and and proved his worth to the team.  It’s nice to have a backup that can come in a grit his team into the EZ.

33 minutes ago, java said:

You need to suit up for a quarter, I would think as a running back and linebacker. On special teams you can be the gunner. 

If you don’t lay down after 5 minutes; give away your helmet, shoulder pads, and shoes, and make it for the rest of the quarter, then you can call someone a quitter!

You really ticked me off. 
And don’t try to back it down like you did last night. No one quit except you. 

Now suit up or shut it down. 

Hook ‘em!

Lol whatever.  They quit on that drive.  

1 minute ago, Eastexhorn said:

Guestion did Texas run any 20 personal on offence. This is 2 RBS and no TES.

Thier run game is better in this formation. Did not see game so can not comment too much.

I’d have to go back and watch.  RoJo was rarely in the game the best I remember.  

I guess everyone watches something different. I thought we had a bad game....no doubt about it. However, I am not going to hang this on the defense. In fact I thought they did pretty damned good considering they got NO help from the offense. In fact, had they been tackling as poorly as I am reading in this thread, this game would have been much,much uglier. They simply got worn down.

Our O line was bad.I got tired of seeing Bijan gang tackled behind the line. He had to run like Earl just to make the line of scrimmage.

Card had a bad game. You would think he was a redshirt freshman or something. I am getting somewhat alarmed by his lack of deep ball ability. The receivers could not get open and that is a problem.. I wish Card would have just ducked and run the ball without hesitation.

We had BAD luck...recovering a fumble on the 1 yd line with a toe 1/2 inch OB....might have changed the whole game. getting a delay of game penalty....everyone standing up....and the defender crashes through and knocks Card over???? No flag? At worst that should have been off setting penalties....at best it should have been un necessary roughness and 15 yds given to us with a first down. The other play was over....whistled dead....then a penalty....again, changed the game

all in all , a bad day for us which we better put aside and get ready for the next one, or this could be a long year.

I am wondering about the offensive play calling. I know Sark is touted as one of the top play callers in the country but it seems like there would be some open throws out in space to make the defense change what they were doing. 
I am not saying this is a fact but it’s hard to be the head coach at Texas with the demands that are put on you during game week and having enough time to really study film of the upcoming opponent. I know they have interviews nearly all week as well as other things. I am sure Sark, Milwee, and Flood were conversing alot. It’s different than what he did at Alabama for sure. I know they have to have something for the LHN but if it was me I would be looking to do less of these and keep it very short. Usually the questions are stupid anyway. “How did you feel when you could run the ball and your offensive line was having trouble?”  What’s he supposed to say. “Oh I really felt pretty good about it” or trash your players which he isn’t going to do so there is really no answer. Just part of the job I guess but we haven’t had many head coaches calling plays in the past especially with the LHN around. I remember Herman saying he couldn’t believe how many things he had to do during the week that wasn’t game planning.  Just something to watch I guess but I’d try to cut it down as much as possible. I thought he got a little bit rattled last night. 

28 minutes ago, oldhorn2 said:

I guess everyone watches something different. I thought we had a bad game....no doubt about it. However, I am not going to hang this on the defense. In fact I thought they did pretty damned good considering they got NO help from the offense. In fact, had they been tackling as poorly as I am reading in this thread, this game would have been much,much uglier. They simply got worn down.

Our O line was bad.I got tired of seeing Bijan gang tackled behind the line. He had to run like Earl just to make the line of scrimmage.

Card had a bad game. You would think he was a redshirt freshman or something. I am getting somewhat alarmed by his lack of deep ball ability. The receivers could not get open and that is a problem.. I wish Card would have just ducked and run the ball without hesitation.

We had BAD luck...recovering a fumble on the 1 yd line with a toe 1/2 inch OB....might have changed the whole game. getting a delay of game penalty....everyone standing up....and the defender crashes through and knocks Card over???? No flag? At worst that should have been off setting penalties....at best it should have been un necessary roughness and 15 yds given to us with a first down. The other play was over....whistled dead....then a penalty....again, changed the game

all in all , a bad day for us which we better put aside and get ready for the next one, or this could be a long year.

This+1

12 minutes ago, TexCoyote said:

I am wondering about the offensive play calling. I know Sark is touted as one of the top play callers in the country but it seems like there would be some open throws out in space to make the defense change what they were doing. 
I am not saying this is a fact but it’s hard to be the head coach at Texas with the demands that are put on you during game week and having enough time to really study film of the upcoming opponent. I know they have interviews nearly all week as well as other things. I am sure Sark, Milwee, and Flood were conversing alot. It’s different than what he did at Alabama for sure. I know they have to have something for the LHN but if it was me I would be looking to do less of these and keep it very short. Usually the questions are stupid anyway. “How did you feel when you could run the ball and your offensive line was having trouble?”  What’s he supposed to say. “Oh I really felt pretty good about it” or trash your players which he isn’t going to do so there is really no answer. Just part of the job I guess but we haven’t had many head coaches calling plays in the past especially with the LHN around. I remember Herman saying he couldn’t believe how many things he had to do during the week that wasn’t game planning.  Just something to watch I guess but I’d try to cut it down as much as possible. I thought he got a little bit rattled last night. 

I always thought “Rewind with….” Was a bit stupid when dissecting a game where you got your teeth kicked in.

Out coached out played at all positions through 3 quarters. Guess there is no media distractions in Arkansas.

Defence carried A&M to avictory. Texas defence helped in a defeat.

Texas has a problem some where in the football program. What it is I have no idea. Ut it not all coaching not all recruiting.

Every starting player could and should have played better . And every coach couid have had them better prepared.

When a team can make you one dimensional then it’s going to be a long night. Arkansas defense stopped the run and made Texas one dimensional. That’s usually a whole football game is the offense wants to establish the run and the defense wants to stop the run and make them throw. Because you know when you throw 3 things can happen and 2 of them are bad 😀.  Briles offense spreads you out where you can’t stack the box and runs out of it. That’s why offensive line is so important so that you can force the run.  I think down there on the goal line when we ran it up the middle and kept getting stacked up, Sark was trying to send a message to his offensive line. He was used to being able to smash people back at Alabama. It’ll be interesting to see the offensive line moving forward. Teams saw that crap last night and we’ll keep seeing the same thing over and over again until we can do something about it.  Watch what Patterson does in two weeks. 

1 hour ago, TexCoyote said:

I for 1 believe one of the side benefits of going to the SEC could be the death of the LHN and hopefully a reduction in the seemingly tedious things the Texas head coach has to occupy his time with. Maybe a little harsh but it just seems that since its inception, Texas coaches have had a difficult time balancing the demands on their time.

14 minutes ago, TexCoyote said:

When a team can make you one dimensional then it’s going to be a long night. Arkansas defense stopped the run and made Texas one dimensional. That’s usually a whole football game is the offense wants to establish the run and the defense wants to stop the run and make them throw. Because you know when you throw 3 things can happen and 2 of them are bad 😀.  Briles offense spreads you out where you can’t stack the box and runs out of it. That’s why offensive line is so important so that you can force the run.  I think down there on the goal line when we ran it up the middle and kept getting stacked up, Sark was trying to send a message to his offensive line. He was used to being able to smash people back at Alabama. It’ll be interesting to see the offensive line moving forward. Teams saw that crap last night and we’ll keep seeing the same thing over and over again until we can do something about it.  Watch what Patterson does in two weeks. 

So in other words, run it til it works?

4 hours ago, tejasrulz said:

Arkansas was playing their bowl game and it showed. Texas was caught reading press clippings.

Bottom line is we got whupped, an old fashion arse kicking. It will be interesting to see how the team responds next week.

First, I want to say that I hope Texas wins the conference. I think they are much more talented and a better team than they showed last night. 

i was in high school when UA left the SWC and joined the SEC. For Arkansas fans, this is a rivalry built from nostalgia more than competitive play as the win/loss all time record is pretty lopsided in Texas favor.

Texas is not viewed as our bowl game. We reserve that for Alabama, LSU and Georgia. The Texas game is important to our fan base for recruiting purposes and bragging rights. That’s it.

P.S. we view OU and Texas the same way.