Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Game Day: #15 Texas Longhorns @ Arkansas Razorbacks

1 hour ago, Drb522 said:

the offense was the reason this game went the way it did.  Sarks plan was awful from the get go and it never adjusted.  He actually looked shocked on the sideline that what he did with Bama’s talent wasn’t working with Texas’.  

Actually the shocked look on Sark's face was, "What happened to my QB who looked so great in practice last week."

You won't find many games where the gameplan was obviously better than the players trying to execute it. Almost every play you can see what was supposed to happen. 

Card had an unfortunate, but understandable bad game. It's not unheard of for a freshman QB to get the jitters, starting only his second game in a really hostile stadium... at night. 

One of the most difficult aspects of being a coach is trying to figure out how a player will perform in a game as opposed to practice. However one never truly knows until they're in the thick of it. 

When a QB is off, teammates need to step up and carry the load until the QB settles down. However no wanted to make a play (Bijan excluded). WRs dropped passes left and right. Arky D suffocated the line to stop Bijan and dared the offense to stretch the field.

And this is where the gameplan proves out - Sark tried several different deep routes options to stretch the defense. They were open... really open. Card missed on all but a couple, which were dropped. We could never make the defense pay for stacking the line, and as a result they were successful in shutting our offense down.

Card will likely never have a game this poor again. He's so much better than that. However he not not ready in his development to lead the team on a weekly basis.

Reasons for the ass whipping:

1.  Poor mental preparation for the hostile atmosphere

2.  Absolute abysmal play calling 

3.  Putting in the backup QB was way too late

4.  No offensive line development in run and pass blocking

5.  Defensive was okay for the first half but was out to lunch the second half

6.  No foresight to acquire better offensive lineman from the portal

7.  No real responsibility from Sark for the failures of the entire team and coaches.  

It seems that all we have done is change the actors but the movie is the same as it has been for the past 15 years.  It's sad for the fanbase.  I understand that some fans go overboard and will start calling for Sark to be fired after the Arkansas fiasco.  The reason for all of the unreasonable comments and the lashing out is because the fanbase has seen this same movie before and the frustration level is at an all time high.  We are all sick of the same crap every year and the embarrassment that we all feel from a Texas Longhorn team that never fails to disappoint.  We hire a new coach and think that he will finally bring Texas back.  It never happens.  While its still early and the total picture on the Sark hire is not yet clear, hope and confidence is quickly fading that we will ever be back to the elite level.  I don't know what the answer is and I don't think anyone else does.  There is just something about the University of Texas that makes it nearly impossible to succeed. 

22 hours ago, tejasrulz said:

You may think Texas isn't your bowl game but your team dogged piled and your fans stormed the field so actions are stronger than words.

BTW, I hope yall have a good year and beat aggy

Appreciate it. I get it. I think the jubilation was just a release of emotion after last 5 years or so. Either way, please beat OU. Good luck the rest of the way. 

21 hours ago, Captain Hookem said:

Actually the shocked look on Sark's face was, "What happened to my QB who looked so great in practice last week."

You won't find many games where the gameplan was obviously better than the players trying to execute it. Almost every play you can see what was supposed to happen. 

Card had an unfortunate, but understandable bad game. It's not unheard of for a freshman QB to get the jitters, starting only his second game in a really hostile stadium... at night. 

One of the most difficult aspects of being a coach is trying to figure out how a player will perform in a game as opposed to practice. However one never truly knows until they're in the thick of it. 

When a QB is off, teammates need to step up and carry the load until the QB settles down. However no wanted to make a play (Bijan excluded). WRs dropped passes left and right. Arky D suffocated the line to stop Bijan and dared the offense to stretch the field.

And this is where the gameplan proves out - Sark tried several different deep routes options to stretch the defense. They were open... really open. Card missed on all but a couple, which were dropped. We could never make the defense pay for stacking the line, and as a result they were successful in shutting our offense down.

Card will likely never have a game this poor again. He's so much better than that. However he not not ready in his development to lead the team on a weekly basis.

When you have a young qb in a hostile situation you do one of two things.  You establish the run or work quick throws to build his confidence then work your gameplan back in.  Had Casey started this game the first half would’ve looked the same.  The gameplan killed the offensive production and played directly into the defense.  If card is sarks guy, he sure had a weird way of getting his feet wet Saturday 

1 hour ago, Drb522 said:

When you have a young qb in a hostile situation you do one of two things.  You establish the run or work quick throws to build his confidence then work your gameplan back in.  Had Casey started this game the first half would’ve looked the same.  The gameplan killed the offensive production and played directly into the defense.  If card is sarks guy, he sure had a weird way of getting his feet wet Saturday 

But Sark did try both of those things... Not just on the early drives but the whole first half. 

With arky D stacking the line, Bijan got stuffed. The quick lateral throws were also snuffed out quickly. Sark then tried to open up quick routes underneath, but Card didn't see them... he wasn't settled in the pocket. Finally Sark tried to stretch the field with primary deep routes, but those passes were off the mark.

Just now, Captain Hookem said:

But Sark did try both of those things... Not just on the early drives but the whole first half. 

With arky D stacking the line, Bijan got stuffed. The quick lateral throws were also snuffed out quickly. Sark then tried to open up quick routes underneath, but Card didn't see them... he wasn't settled in the pocket. Finally Sark tried to stretch the field with primary deep routes, but those passes were off the mark.

I didn’t say lateral throws.  I said quick throws.  Slants, hitch, hash or drag routes.    On first and second down a TE would’ve been wide open for a 5-10yd gain all first half.  If their LBs weren’t blitzing, they were hugging the Los to shut down the run.  Those short patterns would’ve eventually brought up the deep middle safety or forced ark to keep the 2 LBs back.  

On 9/13/2021 at 10:22 AM, zion3d said:

Reasons for the ass whipping:

1.  Poor mental preparation for the hostile atmosphere

2.  Absolute abysmal play calling 

3.  Putting in the backup QB was way too late

4.  No offensive line development in run and pass blocking

5.  Defensive was okay for the first half but was out to lunch the second half

6.  No foresight to acquire better offensive lineman from the portal

7.  No real responsibility from Sark for the failures of the entire team and coaches.  

It seems that all we have done is change the actors but the movie is the same as it has been for the past 15 years.  It's sad for the fanbase.  I understand that some fans go overboard and will start calling for Sark to be fired after the Arkansas fiasco.  The reason for all of the unreasonable comments and the lashing out is because the fanbase has seen this same movie before and the frustration level is at an all time high.  We are all sick of the same crap every year and the embarrassment that we all feel from a Texas Longhorn team that never fails to disappoint.  We hire a new coach and think that he will finally bring Texas back.  It never happens.  While its still early and the total picture on the Sark hire is not yet clear, hope and confidence is quickly fading that we will ever be back to the elite level.  I don't know what the answer is and I don't think anyone else does.  There is just something about the University of Texas that makes it nearly impossible to succeed. 

I hope for the sake of the program you never have any input to those that make decisions. There is so much wrong with this post

On 9/13/2021 at 10:15 AM, Captain Hookem said:

So Card wasn't ready for the big lights. But Bijan gets a pass. And the D. And the O line. And the special teams. Right.,

For those that were offended by my post I can only say that the observations about that game was what I saw to be the issues.  I thought that this forum was about having a platform to share your thoughts about the Longhorn program and success or lack thereof.  No one wants them to succeed more than I do.  

And don’t worry I will never have any influence on those that are making the decisions for the program.  

Hook’em