Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Game Day: #15 Texas Longhorns @ Arkansas Razorbacks

• Administrators

image0 (2).jpeg

The Texas Longhorns (1-0, 0-0 Big 12) rekindle their rivalry with former Southwest Conference Rival Arkansas (1-0, 0-0 SEC) on Saturday night in Fayetteville.  Saturday's contest marks the 79th these two teams have played one another, the first time since 2014 and only the sixth time in the last 30 years.

The stakes are high for Steve Sarkisian's team which has high expectations this season, and a road win over a quality opponent would keep things moving forward for the Longhorns.  

What: No. #15 Texas Longhorns (1-0, 0-0 Big 12) vs.# Arkansas Razorbacks (1-0, 0-0 SEC)
Venue: Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium
When: Saturday, Sept. 11th, 2021
Time: 6:00 p.m. (CST)
TV: ESPN
On the Call: Joe Tessitore, Greg McElroy, Katie George
All-Time Series: Texas leads, 56-22
Last Meeting: Arkansas defeated Texas 31-7 (12/29/2014 AdvoCare Texas Bowl)

Relevant Information:

1 hour ago, java said:

If any of you watched College Game Day for 15 minutes, like I did, we were on some signs being vilified for leaving the Big 12.

OU was mentioned once. 

Amazing. 

Screw em!!!!  Blame Texas all they want, but they sure didn’t mind suckling the tit that kept them some money flowing in.  Wait til the new contracts renew and they go down significantly from adding mid majors….

1 hour ago, java said:

If any of you watched College Game Day for 15 minutes, like I did, we were on some signs being vilified for leaving the Big 12.

OU was mentioned once. 

Amazing. 

In many ways, I see Texas being treated and viewed in a similar fashion as the "Evil Empire" of college football, much like the Yankees in baseball. 

1 hour ago, Johnny Depp said:

Had to sign up to stream the game, Sling TV includes ESPN only $10 1st month. Not sure how often the games will be on ESPN, I guess Longhorn network isn't the local deal anymore?

I'm looking at going to YouTubeTV.  Any thoughts?

The last that I heard, we are ‘giving up’ LHN in the deal to join SEC, or LHN will be a western part of ESPN, with no LHN.

You definitely give up something with u-tube TV, but you give up a lot of cash with satellite or cable. I am one of the few holdouts in a close knit group of people who still have satellite. That’s only due to college football. 

After this season, I’m thinking seriously of going to you-tube. Will probably need to get new TV’s. Cable/Satellite is just getting too expensive. 

I have YouTube and I have zero complaints. Well 1 minor complaint: digital 5.1 surround sound is only available thru On Demand content; not with live viewing. I also still have cable thru Spectrum. Only holding on to it because of LHN (and my wife being reluctant to learn the minor nuances of streamingvs cable). But once LHN is goes away so will cable...

1 hour ago, Baron said:

I'm looking at going to YouTubeTV.  Any thoughts?

Make the move. You'll enjoy it. If you have a 4k TV you can really take advantage of the sports aired in the higher definition. And if you have T-Moble you'll get a discount