Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hud will Start, Casey will play.

Johnny Depp

the offense will still go thru Bijan...whether its by handoff or swing pass , he will make the offense go...if he gets his touches and the lineman do their job, the QB is going to get a lot of 2nd down and short looks...and then late in the game they can go to Roschon and pound the rock and eat up clock....If UT throws the ball more than 25 times a game then Bijan better be on the sideline with 200 yds rushing and a couple of TD's

6 hours ago, Hiwood said:

the offense will still go thru Bijan...whether its by handoff or swing pass , he will make the offense go...if he gets his touches and the lineman do their job, the QB is going to get a lot of 2nd down and short looks...and then late in the game they can go to Roschon and pound the rock and eat up clock....If UT throws the ball more than 25 times a game then Bijan better be on the sideline with 200 yds rushing and a couple of TD's

Or insert Keilan Robinson and keep your foot on the gas. 

1 hour ago, Johnny Depp said:

This. In the Big 12, no lead is safe, and quick scoring is the norm. Pounding out a run game can easily backfire.

With Sark calling the plays I trust that he will call plays that work and avoid ones that don't no matter the score (excluding blow outs).  In some games this will involve more running plays then others.

11 minutes ago, Wayne said:

Not if your RB averages 8 yds a carry. That’s not pounding out a run game. 

I think JD was referring to RoJo talking over to run out the clock. He averages a little over 5 ypc. Not  bad, but not 8 ypc.

defenses are going to have to put at least 7 maybe 8 bodies in the box to stop or at least slow dow Bijan, we know that he can take it to the house on any play , if he gets past the linebackers he is gone...that should give the receivers a lot of one on one matchups, if Card is as slick as I think he is, play action is going to be deadly, In Sark's offense the QB must hit receivers in space and let them break it for huge gains after the catch. UT fans need to get out of the mindset and the type of offense we have seen in the last couple of years. 

1 hour ago, UTfish said:

I think JD was referring to RoJo talking over to run out the clock. He averages a little over 5 ypc. Not  bad, but not 8 ypc.

But RoJo may get 5-10 touches a game. That’s not pounding out a run game. The RB with the most touches (Bijan) averages 8 yds a game. 

31 minutes ago, Wayne said:

But RoJo may get 5-10 touches a game. That’s not pounding out a run game. The RB with the most touches (Bijan) averages 8 yds a game. 

If Thompson leaves I'd like to see Roschon get another chance at QB. He proved to be the ultimate team player when we needed RBs and he made the switch. How many other QBs would do that?

He may never be able to overtake Card, or other QBs we may sign. But having another backup is never a bad thing, plus we may could run some interesting wildcat formations with his throwing ability. 

That's assuming he wants to... Guys that sacrifice like that should be given more options down the line.

1 hour ago, Captain Hookem said:

If Thompson leaves I'd like to see Roschon get another chance at QB. He proved to be the ultimate team player when we needed RBs and he made the switch. How many other QBs would do that?

He may never be able to overtake Card, or other QBs we may sign. But having another backup is never a bad thing, plus we may could run some interesting wildcat formations with his throwing ability. 

That's assuming he wants to... Guys that sacrifice like that should be given more options down the line.

that ship has sailed, RJ is not going to vault over Wright and Ballard...they may play him in a wildcat set up but if he has to play QB at UT then half the team has CV19

Top ranked defense 2016 : 1) Alabama 2) Michigan 3) Ohio St

2017 : 1) Alabama 2) Clemson 3) Wisconsin

2018 : 1) Alabama 2) Wisconsin 3) Michigan

2019 : 1) Clemson 2) Ohio St  3) Auburn

2020 : 13) Alabama 14) Notre Dame 17)Georgia 18) Clemson

there is a reason the top schools try and get the best and fastest HS defensive guys on scholarship...

Well, I just want to know how Shark knew Card would give him a nice scoreboard cushion to play Casey?

Not a bad day for a freshman's 1st start. 2 passing and 1 running TD's. 

Not much help from the O-line had Hud scrambling his ass off. Other than Whit and the backs, the receiver's didn't get much done. 

A few heady plays, a 4th down and a quick snap for a TD with the Cajun's out of position made a huge difference. 

He was long on a few deep routes, I give him the benefit of the doubt that he put the ball over the D's reach and needed a receiver to get there.

Again not bad for a 1st game, I'll say A- with more upside to come once he gets comfortable and figures out his tools.