Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Saturday With Uncle Beevomav .. Weakness of Character

swbm.jpg

Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character.

Albert Einstein

Johnny Football has found a "Perfect Storm" in College Station. It started immediately upon his enrollment, and continues to this day.

The season before his Heisman Trophy season, JF was facing a big trouble. Manziel confirmed this in his own words.

"They banned me from athletics and from my scholarships," Manziel said, according to Texas Monthly. "I had worked hard, and done everything Coach Sumlin asked me to do, and then they told me I couldn't play anymore."

In steps new head coach Kevin Sumlin and he writes a letter arguing that the quarterback was adhering to strict internal punishment. I dare any Aggie to tell me what those internal punishments entailed?

Sumlin speaks to this issue?

"A lot has been said about discipline, but he went through all that, which is a little bit more than people think," Sumlin said, according to NewsOK.com. "That's not a public deal, it's just what I ask him to do. He did all those things, and his parents were involved in all of that. So for him to go through that, then go through camp and those types of things and earn the job, that's what's brought him to where he is now."

Johnny Football went on to win the Heisman,and all has been rosy since then. Uh, not so much. A tweet saying:

"Bullshit like tonight is a reason why I can't wait to leave college station...whenever it may be" Later the San Antonio Express disclosed it was over a parking ticket.

For the second time, after a threat from JF to leave the university, in steps head coach and BFF, Kevin Sumlin to put it in perspective.

"Like I said before, [Manziel] is still himself, and he has made some mistakes and he knows that. That's part of growing up," Sumlin said. "I think, like I've said before, we've got a support process that's in place for him and his family, and I know that ever since summer school started he has been back hard at work, and he's happy to be back with his teammates."

Johnny Football showed his love for the university by leaving campus. Let's let JF tell us why?

“Because of the crush of attention, it was taking him a half hour or longer to walk across campus from the football complex to his English class, so he dropped it in favor of four online classes in his major, sports management,†Mandel said.

“I didn’t want it to seem like I wasn’t taking school seriously or that I was just doing all this so I could be lazy,†Manziel said.

We get it Mr Football, it's not like previous and present students have to walk a half hour to class. Why would we think you are lazy by leaving classes and taking (4) online courses? We also know you are trying to do one thing, and that's to get through this next season and get the hell out of College Station. With pals like the head coach having your back, I see that happening.

This post was about 'Weakness of Character' and nothing shows that like a picture set against university policy.

Tag on this photo. Johnny Football drinking at a club in Dallas

johnny-manziel.jpg

Advice given to Aggie Students about underage drinking and school policy

But did you know that Texas A&M metes out its own punishments for violating its alcohol policy?...In case you need a refresher, here is how Aggies could get punished for bad behavior linked to alcohol: under University Rule 24.3.8, having alcohol in a public area of the university or in any place “not approved for such activities,†drinking underage, driving while intoxicated and being publicly intoxicated are all forbidden. This means if you are 21 and have a glass of wine at a private reception for a professor’s paper, that’s fine – if you are 19 and shotgunning a Natty Ice in the quad, that is not.

The potential consequences for violating Rule 24.3.8 include being put on probation, a temporary dismissal from school, a notification to parents, required participation in alcoholic awareness workshops and community service.

Then there is the autograph situation. It is obvious to anyone that JF signed hundreds of autographs and was paid. What did Aggieland do when this latest situation reared up? The University, it's alumni, fans, and Johnny Football all went into crisis mode. Everyone lawyered up and all are talking lawyer talk. I have heard Aggie after Aggie say, "they will never be able to prove he broke the law." It doesn't seem to matter to anyone involved that he did break the law, only "they can't prove it."

This has become the latest Aggie Cheer.

The NCAA does not have subpoena power!

The school, it's coaches, and Aggie fans have all sold their soul to be relevant. Frauds have no shame. Like this bogus wall, we should not be surprised. We Longhorns were way ahead of the curve. Enjoy the SEC, like we enjoying you being gone.

k-bigpic.jpg

Manziel's lawyer speaks:

Question..On the reports from brokers that they saw Manziel signing autographs

Answ3er..“There’s no question that Johnny’s signed autographs. He’s signed lots of autographs over the year. But I hadn’t seen anything yet that shows that he got paid.”

• Administrators

Good post BM. Sounds like a crack addiction. TAMU athletic department knows he's trouble but can't break away because the product is intoxicating (no pun intended). AT first I felt a little sorry for Johnny Football when all this shit went down. Now I've realized that while he is just a college kid, he's an entitled, hedonistic and self-serving college athlete that doesn't care much about anyone else let alone his team. If he were to take his football career seriously he could be something special.

Aggies are freaking out like the bubonic plague has struck again.... Hilarious.

Good post BM. Sounds like a crack addiction. TAMU athletic department knows he's trouble but can't break away because the product is intoxicating (no pun intended). AT first I felt a little sorry for Johnny Football when all this $#@! went down. Now I've realized that while he is just a college kid, he's an entitled, hedonistic and self-serving college athlete that doesn't care much about anyone else let alone his team. If he were to take his football career seriously he could be something special.

Aggies are freaking out like the bubonic plague has struck again.... Hilarious.

Well said... A&M's greediness for now, will hurt them for years to come... Way to be reactive and not proactive.

Problem is... johnny football now has stacked the chips so high against himself, he will FAIL at the next level, if not make it there at all...

GOOD RIDDANCE

• Administrators

I think if he could have, he would have gone pro after last season. There was a decent article in the new ESPN magazine on Johnny Football. His dad is evidently a dick too. Inherited their "fortune," not that there is anything wrong with inheriting money. It's what you do with it and how you act that truly defines you (as we all know). His old man seems like just as much a douchebag as he does.

I think if he could have, he would have gone pro after last season. There was a decent article in the new ESPN magazine on Johnny Football. His dad is evidently a dick too. Inherited their "fortune," not that there is anything wrong with inheriting money. It's what you do with it and how you act that truly defines you (as we all know). His old man seems like just as much a douchebag as he does.

I have a friend that is a self made man and he's worth millions. Nicest man you would ever meet. His two sons are the biggest dicks in the history of dicks. Second generation money, the type that inherited it, are for the most part the worst.