Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Troy Omeire Injury Update

• Administrators

OFFLISTHEADER.jpg

Redshirt freshman wide receiver Troy Omeire sustained a knee injury during the team's open practice session on Wednesday evening.  Casey Thompson threw a deep ball to Omeire on the right side just shy of the end zone and Omeire went down as he attempted the catch.  He walked off the field under his own power and tried to come back in but was held back as a precaution.

A UT official provided an update on Omeire's status on Thursday evening.

I talked to several individuals last night that said the injury didn't appear to be concerning, but things aren't always as they appear. Omeire missed the regular last season with a torn ACL and it's still unclear whether or not the injury sustained on Wednesday night was to the same knee.  While the update doesn't tell much, it's concerning given the Longhorns' lack of depth at the WR position. 

We will update when we hear more.

18 hours ago, Johnny Depp said:

He didn't look right even before that play. He was noticeably limping in the drills. Good luck to him on the recovery.

I'm not convinced that Omeire has ever fully recovered. And to make matters worse, apparently it's now being reported that Whittington will miss the rest of fall camp due to a pulled hamstring. I have no idea of if that's true or not. 

2 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

I'm not convinced that Omeire has ever fully recovered. And to make matters worse, apparently it's now being reported that Whittington will miss the rest of fall camp due to a pulled hamstring. I have no idea of if that's true or not. 

If he “pulled” his hamstring he’s out for the year.   I’m hoping he “tweaked” it and they’re resting him for the rest of preseason.