Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2021 Season Bold Predictions


 Share

Recommended Posts

Feels like recruiting is gonna be dead until the season gets going and we still have a couple of weeks til then.

Thought it would be cool to hear everyone's bold predictions for this year.  Not the realistic ones, but your out on the limb ones for this season. I'll start with 4:

1. Casey Thompson starts all year and throws for 3400 yards, 25 tds and 6 INTs.

2. Bijan Robinson rushes for 1400 YDs, 400 YDs rec and 16 total TDs

3. Texas finishes the reg season with a 10-2 record with losses to OU and WVU (they win in Ames but drop a stupid game somewhere else).  

4. OU and UT play in the B12 Championship.  Game is a toss up because the refs don't know which team to penalize the most. Afterwards, the winning team refuses to accept the B12 trophy. Both teams leave the stadium in their SEC decorated bus and drive off, never to be seen in the B12 again.  Bowlsby is found 3 days later in a local motel:

 

OldMan_chair.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, texbound said:

Feels like recruiting is gonna be dead until the season gets going and we still have a couple of weeks til then.

Thought it would be cool to hear everyone's bold predictions for this year.  Not the realistic ones, but your out on the limb ones for this season. I'll start with 4:

1. Casey Thompson starts all year and throws for 3400 yards, 25 tds and 6 INTs.

2. Bijan Robinson rushes for 1400 YDs, 400 YDs rec and 16 total TDs

3. Texas finishes the reg season with a 10-2 record with losses to OU and WVU (they win in Ames but drop a stupid game somewhere else).  

4. OU and UT play in the B12 Championship.  Game is a toss up because the refs don't know which team to penalize the most. Afterwards, the winning team refuses to accept the B12 trophy. Both teams leave the stadium in their SEC decorated bus and drive off, never to be seen in the B12 again.  Bowlsby is found 3 days later in a local motel:

 

OldMan_chair.jpg

 

1. If Thompson puts up those numbers, he'll be All-Big 12. Only 6 INTS? Thats pretty good even for a veteran.

I don't get to see the practices and even if I did, I trust Sark much more than my own expertise. I will be happy with Thompson or Card, either way. I'm glad its being settled on the field. 

I think in this day and age, if you don't have two quality QBs, you're in for some trouble. It takes two to get through a season.

2. I think you're right on Bijan. Kid will have a big year.

3. I agree with 10-2 (11-2 with bowl win). But I see the losses at Iowa State and Okie State. We beat OU. We are due and we will finally be equal in coaching to what is on the other side.

4. LOL

My own stuff . . . . 

1. Omeire will be a key WR for us. Every team needs a possession guy. Say hi to Mr Possession Guy.

2. The new RB from Bama will make use particularly dangerous offensively. The speed will be noticeable.

3. Our LBs won't be the Achilles heel most writers are claiming they will be. Front 7 is solid.

4. For the first time in quite a while, we are going into a season with a decent OL and quality depth.

5. Jamison will have at least two TD kick returns this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1. Bijan starts up where he left off. Rushes for 1800 yds with another 200 receiving. Wins the Heisman.

2. Texas goes 10-2 with losses to piggy and WVa. The revenge tour starts at TCU and ends with another victory over OU in the CCG.

3. Thompson starts the season as #1 but loses his starting job after the loss to piggy. He transfers at some point after that.

4. Texas' defense will be tops in the Big 12.

How's that for out on a limb?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Baron said:

1. Bijan starts up where he left off. Rushes for 1800 yds with another 200 receiving. Wins the Heisman.

2. Texas goes 10-2 with losses to piggy and WVa. The revenge tour starts at TCU and ends with another victory over OU in the CCG.

3. Thompson starts the season as #1 but loses his starting job after the loss to piggy. He transfers at some point after that.

4. Texas' defense will be tops in the Big 12.

How's that for out on a limb?

Nice...I like it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Baron said:

1. Bijan starts up where he left off. Rushes for 1800 yds with another 200 receiving. Wins the Heisman.

2. Texas goes 10-2 with losses to piggy and WVa. The revenge tour starts at TCU and ends with another victory over OU in the CCG.

3. Thompson starts the season as #1 but loses his starting job after the loss to piggy. He transfers at some point after that.

4. Texas' defense will be tops in the Big 12.

How's that for out on a limb?

 

For sure, losing to piggy is going out on a limb. Because it ain't happening. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey, everyone.

I have a couple of predictions.

We will go 11-1 (OU will be the loss, but we will beat them in the championship game).

I don't know why everyone is concerned about the first two games.  This Longhorn team is loaded with a Heisman running back and NFL talent scattered all over the roster.  We will beat the ever loving crap out of Lala and Arky both.

The next prediction is we will be playing in the SEC next year.  Trust me on this.

In two years UT will be the second best team in the SEC and OU will be the third.

aggy has some serious talent, but they are aggy and they always will be.

When UT enters into the NIL competition we will be merciless and start stacking talent like it is cordwood.

There - how is that for drinking the koolaide?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, North Texas Golfer said:

 

For sure, losing to piggy is going out on a limb. Because it ain't happening. 

But that's the lynch pin to entire prognostication. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Since Baron stole my first one with Bijan winning the Heisman (lol), I'll call an audible.

1. Texas has 3 first rounders in the 2022 NFL draft led by two of the 2 DL studs (Coburn, Sweat, and Ojomo) and joined by DO.

2. Witt stays healthy all season and has 1200 yds from scrimmage.

3. The defense gets 10+ takeaways and scores 5 TDs.

4. We beat OU twice but lose to KState to finish 12-1

5. We make it to the NC game when Sark becomes the quickest former assistant to beat Satan.

Sufficiently drunk on the Orange Koolaid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is the year. We have more talent than we've had in years, and a real coach. 12 wins with a NC possible. Sark won't let teams hang around, he will blow a fuse on the scoreboard, and we have the best defense in forever. Buy your orange shirts and hats now because there will be a run on them soon. We will be more impressive in the air than and the ground, and that includes running backs.  Oh and Card will be a Heisman contender. There will be 2. There is no next year building crap. Now or never with these NFL type guys.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have no idea on season prediction. Texas might not be competing for playoffs this year. Sark still has talent on the team. Texas can still have a great year. September 4th is product launch day. I’m judging the staff on that day. Texas only has two players make first team preseason all big 12. The question is can Texas have more than two players make the list along with winning. If that happens product launch was successful. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Johnny Depp said:

This is the year. We have more talent than we've had in years, and a real coach. 12 wins with a NC possible. Sark won't let teams hang around, he will blow a fuse on the scoreboard, and we have the best defense in forever. Buy your orange shirts and hats now because there will be a run on them soon. We will be more impressive in the air than and the ground, and that includes running backs.  Oh and Card will be a Heisman contender. There will be 2. There is no next year building crap. Now or never with these NFL type guys.

Love the optimism JD, but so far, all we have is potential. We've seen that before. We'll know more after the first couple of games. 

Sure hope you're right. Hook'em!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, texasdalton said:

the season rest on the defense and our Heisman winning running back. if both produce we make the playoffs. this coaching staff has it.

Winning? I think you mean Heisman hopeful? We may send 2 to New York this year..

The last year of the Big 12, where nobody can stop anybody, defense is just a suggestion. Let's hope we can stop people with our amazing front D, but we sure need to put up some points like a Slot Machine hitting the Jackpot. A 3 touchdown lead is never safe, just keep scoring.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

...Let's hope we can stop people with our amazing front D, but we sure need to put up some points like a Slot Machine hitting the Jackpot. A 3 touchdown lead is never safe, just keep scoring.

Yes. A winning formula for any playoff bound team.  🙄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

🏈 Texas vs. Oklahoma State

  • Days
  • Hours
  • Minutes
  • Seconds

Darrell K. Royal - Texas Memorial Stadium
Austin, TX
11:00 AM Kickoff - FOX

  • 2021 Texas Football Schedule

    Week
    Opponent
    W/L
    9/4
    Louisiana
    W 38-18
    9/11
    @Arkansas
    L 21-40
    9/18
    Rice
    W 58-0
    9/25
    Texas Tech
    W 70-35
    10/2
    @TCU
    W 32-27
    10/9
    Oklahoma
    L 48-55
    10/16
    Oklahoma State
    10/30
    @Baylor
    11/6
    @Iowa State
    11/13
    Kansas
    11/20
    @West Virginia
    11/27
    Kansas State

Our Affiliation

USATDP_Logo.png

Quick Links

×
×
  • Create New...