Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorns ranked #19 in Preseason Coaches Poll

• Administrators

USATSI_16409744_168380999_lowres.jpg

Photo: © Kevin Jairaj-USA TODAY Sports

The USA TODAY Sports AFCA Preseason Coaches Poll was released on Tuesday morning and the Longhorns are ranked at #19 in the poll.  

The Big 12 Conference has four teams in the Top 25, with Oklahoma holding the #3 spot, Iowa State at #8, Texas at #19 and Oklahoma State at #22.

Texas will open its season on September 4th against #23 Louisiana at Darrell K. Royal - Texas Memorial Stadium.

COMPLETE TOP 25 COACHES POLL 

pt125.JPG

pt225.JPG

Imo, Tex A&M, USC, LSU and Iowa State are ranked too high.  LSU has a lot of unknowns and i believe they just lost their starting QB.  Tex A&M is WAY too high and should be back around 12-15 to start.  Kellen Mond was a big reason they had the record they had against a creampuff schedule. They have a very good DL and a good RB, but their OL is suspect to start, the QB is not great and the secondary is below avg, imo.  Just means the fall will be that much better :). 

Texas is a bit higher than i expected.  I was thinking back around 22 or 23 to start.

1. I don't think OU is better than Ohio State or Georgia.

2. Aggy has a green QB who is undersized. #6 is laughable.

3. Won't argue Iowa State's spot. They could be that good.

4. I don't think UNC is a top 10 team.

5. LSU look pretty awful last season to suddenly be ranked #13.

6. Wisconsin and Miami should both be ranked higher. Maybe Oregon and USC too.

7. When was the last time Indiana was ranked ahead of us in football? Not arguing the ranking, just asking.

8. Texas should have probably been more like #16 or #15. Not really upset with 19 but should have been higher.

If the over/under for aggy losses is 3.5, I'm taking the over. 8-4 with losses to Bama, @Mizzou, @Ole Miss, and @LSU. @Colorado is a trap game, too.

I'm okay being underrated #19. Tough opening home game vs Louisiana will set the tone. Remember, the Rajun' Cajuns beat Iowa St at their place last year. We really need to start the Sark Era 3-0 OOC to build momentum.

You guys will love this one

"Oklahoma Football: Sooners viewed as underrated in preseason poll"

https://soonerswire-usatoday-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/soonerswire.usatoday.com/2021/08/10/oklahoma-sooners-football-preseason-poll-reactions-texas-longhorns-big-12/amp/?amp_gsa=1&amp_js_v=a6&usqp=mq331AQIKAGwASCAAgM%3D#amp_tf=From %1%24s&aoh=16288275489429&csi=1&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fsoonerswire.usatoday.com%2F2021%2F08%2F10%2Foklahoma-sooners-football-preseason-poll-reactions-texas-longhorns-big-12%2F

I thought i've seen it all.  The #3, that's right #3, ranked Sooners are "underrated" while the #19 Longhorns are "overrated".  Wow!  Keep it coming.  Keep pushing this team further down.  I get that UT is not likely CFP ready, but overrated at 19.  Come on.