Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Conference Realignment Discussion

An Aggie lege. is introducing legislation to require lege approval to change conferences.  He is joined by a graduate of Tech and Baylor. 

Wonder where the fellow was when the Aggys were changing conferences?  Yell practice?

They are trying to say it is the business of the people of Texas. Really?  Doesn’t the lege only find about 10% of The University budget and exactly 0 of the athletic budget?

They have reduced their funding over the years until it is practically nothing. 

Besides, isn’t the special session over?

6 minutes ago, java said:

An Aggie lege. is introducing legislation to require lege approval to change conferences.  He is joined by a graduate of Tech and Baylor. 

Wonder where the fellow was when the Aggys were changing conferences?  Yell practice?

They are trying to say it is the business of the people of Texas. Really?  Doesn’t the lege only find about 10% of The University budget and exactly 0 of the athletic budget?

Special session is called by governor with a specific agenda. The governor is the only person who can add anything to the agenda. Those lawmakers can file the bill but the earliest it will be considered without Abbott adding it to the special session agenda is 2023. 

9 minutes ago, java said:

All grand standing. WE GONE 

Just now, Wayne said:

Special session is called by governor with a specific agenda. The governor is the only person who can add anything to the agenda. Those lawmakers can file the bill but the earliest it will be considered without Abbott adding it to the special session agenda is 2023. 

Another instance of an aggie pissin’ in the wind. 

I was thinking about if and when the other BIG12 teams would get picked up by the other leagues.

Obviously any school that can get an offer from the ACC , BIG10 or PAC10 would accept it. The problem is none of the BIG12  leftovers offer a compelling financial benefit to those leagues so would require the other teams to go on a diet. The exception is maybe the ACC who would like an excuse to renegotiate their contract.

My guess is none of the BIG12 leftovers will get offers until  it is know if any of the other whales are changing conferences. For example if the PAC10 looses USC,UCLA or Oregon then the BIG12 leftovers  would become more appealing as backfillers. I have no clue if or when any of the PC10 or ACC teams would jump ship.

Another thing that could delay things is the BIG12 leftovers may want to slow play things a little hoping for a big payout from TX and OU.

I’m not going to speculate about individual schools, but the legislature is acting like they totally support Texas. I wish I knew the exact portion of the academic budget they fund, but it is tiny enough to give them a little man’s complex. 

The athletic department is self-funding, with a great deal of assistance from our Big Cigars.  The athletic department, for a number of years, has contributed to the academic side of the house. I wonder how many AD’s can say that?

So, as far as I am concerned, the lege. can shut up.  They certainly don’t put up.  Other schools didn’t prepare them to interfere in our business. They have their own kitchen to sweep. 

Hook ‘em!

10 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

Would love to see my alma mater get an invite to the ACC with WVU. Would be a great regional rivalry setup for the conference with Cincy, UL, and WVU in the mix... reminiscent of the old Big East days.