Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Conference Realignment Discussion

TFloss32

49 minutes ago, dssl said:

Financially and geographically the B1G makes way more sense. Also being locked in until 2036 may be a problem. 

On the other hand it doesn't sound like money is the only factor so it wouldn't be too shocking if they joined the ACC,  and by adding Notre Dame the ACC may be able to get a better TV deal which could reduce the money difference. 

I know WVU fans are hoping ND joins the ACC as full members bc they're convinced they'll be #16. But, who knows?

16 minutes ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

I know WVU fans are hoping ND joins the ACC as full members bc they're convinced they'll be #16. But, who knows?

I heard if ND goes Big 10, WV wants to be the "other team" that goes with them.

10 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I heard if ND goes Big 10, WV wants to be the "other team" that goes with them.

Lol, It's possible the ACC would take them with Notre Dame, but no way the B1G would take them over Washington, Oregon and Stanford.

My question is whether Notre Dame wants to be a big fish in a little pond or a big fish with other big fish in a bigger pond? Somehow my gut tells me that they will not join the Big10.  Yes, I could be wrong but have to follow my instincts on this.  I think we are in for a couple of twists and turns before we get a clear picture as to just where everyone lands.  

8 minutes ago, longhorn_mig said:

Any meetings may be on the down low, until they figure out a deal is imminent. No team wants to unnecessarily piss off their current conference. 

Not saying if there are talks or not, just saying we shouldn't read too much into the denials. 

4 hours ago, dssl said:

Any meetings may be on the down low, until they figure out a deal is imminent. No team wants to unnecessarily piss off their current conference. 

Not saying if there are talks or not, just saying we shouldn't read too much into the denials. 

I hear ya and highly doubt conversations are not happening. Just passing along what I see.