Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Conference Realignment Discussion

Don't see ESPN liking it.  They still have to pay the Big 12 the same amount whether we are there are not.  Maybe CBS will pay more, but SEC won't give us a share of their existing money, I think the only way it gets approved is if there is more revenue coming it from CBS.

5 hours ago, Wayne said:

I think I told you guys I live in Ohio now. We get the SEC network. This might be about the death of the NCAA by NIL. Need a national stage to compete for talent. Big 12 just ain’t it. 

I get the SEC Network as well. However, I never watch it. When they do broadcast games, its always Vanderbilt vs Miss St or some such. The SEC has to give up its best games to the big networks. But the ego and arrogance on the network is a simple continuation of ESPN's love affair with that conference.

If Texas and OU do join the SEC, it will then indeed be the best conference in the land and its not even close.

• Administrators
43 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Texas’ time with the Big12 probably died today, one way or another. 

You know it's very real when the Ags make an attempt to kill the deal by leaking it to the media.

And it's another level of hilarity if the Ags were totally blind-sided and didn't know the SEC higher-ups had been working on this for some time.

I have zero doubt any SEC teams wanting to vote no will be told to fall in line.

4 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

You know it's very real when the Ags make an attempt to kill the deal by leaking it to the media.

And it's another level of hilarity if the Ags were totally blind-sided and didn't know the SEC higher-ups had been working on this for some time.

I have zero doubt any SEC teams wanting to vote no will be told to fall in line.

Aggy knew about it. Thats why aggy's AD Bjork was the only AD to attend SEC media days. ADs seldom ever attend those things. Bjork was trying to kill the deal before it got too much momentum.

Bohls has tweeted that Mizzou would also object. But he's the only source I've seen say that, so its probably just Bohls hyperbole.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Aggy knew about it. Thats why aggy's AD Bjork was the only AD to attend SEC media days. ADs seldom ever attend those things. Bjork was trying to kill the deal before it got too much momentum.

Bohls has tweeted that Mizzou would also object. But he's the only source I've seen say that, so its probably just Bohls hyperbole.

Did Bjork and Sharp know about it from the jump, though?

Either way, they looked weak today.

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Mizzou stands to gain exponentially from a UT/OU addition. They get moved to the West division of the SEC, play all games much closer to home than they are now, play at least one game per year in the fertile recruiting state of Texas, play a team in Texas twice per season and restart an old Big8 rivalry with OU. They aren’t going to be objecting too loud. More like Brer Rabbit with “Please don’t throw me in that briar patch!”