Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Conference Realignment Discussion

On 9/7/2021 at 7:53 AM, Wayne said:

Notre Dame being able to be in the ACC Championship game was just for last year.  They became a member for one year last year because most of their games on original schedule were cancelled due to COVID.  As a result they played a full ACC schedule and were eligible for the championship game.  They are not eligible this year.  They just play the five games in the agreement. 

As far as bowl affiliations, Notre Dame doesn't need much help.  But most bowls, with the exception of the playoff games are just beauty contests.  So I don't care who goes the Belk Bowl, the Gator Bowl, etc.  The Big Bowls have a separate agreement to which Notre Dame is a party.  Until that agreement is changed and it probably will be soon with playoff expansion, Notre Dame is a part of it.  

Sorry for the late reply. I've got a lot going on right now and dont get on the forums every day any more.  

1) WRT ACC CCG. it doesnt matter if it is one time or 100 times; ND participating in a CCG SHOULD put an end to all this nonsense.  Has there EVER been a time in the last 100 yrs when a NON-Conference team participated in a conference championship game?  I'm old and I cant think of another situation like that.  No. you only do that if both teams are in the same conference - even if it's only one time. 

2) WRT bowl affiliations. It doesnt matter if ND needs help or not - that's not the issue.  Again, would a conference allow a non-conference team to be slotted in their hierarchy of bowl affiliation games?  And, again, a conference will only do that with a conference member - not a non-conference member.  The question is: why does the rest of CFB allow ND special considerations for CFP while they also participate in the ACC conference post-season games?  As of last year, ND has shown they are not functioning as an independent program and special considerations need to stop.

Those that say, "they are independent. that's just the way it is" is nonsensical. By ND playing in ACC post-season games, they should have screwed themselves if they want to keep the independent moniker & privilege that even other independent programs dont get .

5 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

Question, if the new 4 teams join the B12 in 2023, wouldn't that lower the buyout for UT and OU to leave in 2023?  The current contract runs through 2025, right?  I don't believe more money has been added to the current TV contract, so that means 4 additional teams to divide the share.  Something has to give if they're adding them in 2023 and hopefully that something is OU and UT leaving next year.

2 hours ago, Soldierhorn said:

Sorry for the late reply. I've got a lot going on right now and dont get on the forums every day any more.  

1) WRT ACC CCG. it doesnt matter if it is one time or 100 times; ND participating in a CCG SHOULD put an end to all this nonsense.  Has there EVER been a time in the last 100 yrs when a NON-Conference team participated in a conference championship game?  I'm old and I cant think of another situation like that.  No. you only do that if both teams are in the same conference - even if it's only one time. 

2) WRT bowl affiliations. It doesnt matter if ND needs help or not - that's not the issue.  Again, would a conference allow a non-conference team to be slotted in their hierarchy of bowl affiliation games?  And, again, a conference will only do that with a conference member - not a non-conference member.  The question is: why does the rest of CFB allow ND special considerations for CFP while they also participate in the ACC conference post-season games?  As of last year, ND has shown they are not functioning as an independent program and special considerations need to stop.

Those that say, "they are independent. that's just the way it is" is nonsensical. By ND playing in ACC post-season games, they should have screwed themselves if they want to keep the independent moniker & privilege that even other independent programs dont get .

You guys are repeating yourselves now.

Point has been addressed several times. It was a one-year agreement due to Covid that is no longer in effect in any way. Otherwise, why is the ACC still trying to get ND to join the conference?

Whatever mud you seem to think ND got on themselves for joining a conference for one year – it washes right off because its history, not a current event anymore.

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

You guys are repeating yourselves now.

Point has been addressed several times. It was a one-year agreement due to Covid that is no longer in effect in any way. Otherwise, why is the ACC still trying to get ND to join the conference?

Whatever mud you seem to think ND got on themselves for joining a conference for one year – it washes right off because its history, not a current event anymore.

And, you just did the same thing. You just repeated what two others said; which is to point out what happened... multiple times.

I dont think anyone is arguing what DID happen.  My point was, and still is, what SHOULD happen.