Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Conference Realignment Discussion

From ClosetoJumping

"

The move to the SEC, as it was coming to a head, took priority above everything at the leadership levels. It sucks, but it's understandable. The current handwringing about NIL here and elsewhere is justified, but this is a temporary issue and remedies across the span of the opportunities for the athletes at UT, for the long term and leveraging competitive advantages few can combat, are being worked on. Ultimately, whatever happens in the 2022 class, should there be casualties, will not be a harbinger for even the near future. 

Remember that this shit, especially during this cycle, changes rapidly. Billy Liucci funneling $10k to a couple of guys looks amazing until Jamison lands 5 deals on that level or better in the next few months. That's not a distant hope, so let's see how shit unfolds over this period. 

I said this on another thread last week or early this week, I guess, but "compliance" and one of the major hold-ups for anything getting done with Texas regarding NIL right now is Chris Plonsky. She's f'ing buddies with Ketchum and has even "fed" him information over the years when it suited her. That's why he's gotten shit through when no one else has. She's basically looming like a gargoyle over all things NIL and killing it because it threatens the perceived fiefdom of the LHF and the AD. 

That is about to change, but there are clearly reasons why she hasn't been shown the door previously given that she's a known bureaucratic troll. This is a tipping point and she's not reading the room, however. 

Not going into any details and not saying I agree, but we didn't lose KG.

You're looking at a snapshot and this is a moving picture.

I will agree with everyone that the UT football staff's recruiting engine, currently, looks second rate with the constant flat-footed nature of their handling of twists and turns. This has been one of the greatest 8 days in the history of recruiting cycles for UT and they look like a bunch of monkeys trying to F@#K a football."

4 hours ago, Aaron Carrara said:

I'm wondering what Bob Bowlsby has to do with Texas Politics?

He's been called to cry to the legislature about the coming break up of the Big 12. He will say how financially damaging it will be for UT to bolt, how other schools will suffer because of it, yada yada yada.

A lawmaker last week wrote up a bill about this and it initially had no support. So I suppose this is done to change that.

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Soldierhorn said:

I picked bad time to pull away for a while...

Q: I'm not a member of OB anymore (and havent been for a long time) but I noticed a user named cujo0622 saying that KU is going to the B1G by the end of the week.  Is this guy legit?

https://texas.forums.rivals.com/threads/kansas-to-big-10.530150/

Don't know if it happens this weekend but strong possibility they do.  Basketball program can get them in doors their football program can't.

• Administrators

I'm listening to this hearing and frankly I'm stunned.  I guess nothing that happens in the pink building should ever come as a shock or surprise, but the bottom line is this - neither Texas or Oklahoma has broken their contractual agreement with the Big 12.  That's the bottom line, plain and simple

6 minutes ago, Soldierhorn said:

Q: I'm not a member of OB anymore (and havent been for a long time) but I noticed a user named cujo0622 saying that KU is going to the B1G by the end of the week.  Is this guy legit?

I know or remember who Cujo is. Yes, he is legit.

4 minutes ago, Aaron Carrara said:

Don't know if it happens this weekend but strong possibility they do.  Basketball program can get them in doors their football program can't.

If KU breaks away (and the sooner the better), the Big12 falls apart.  This would be good for UT WRT the exit fees & GOR

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Soldierhorn said:

Cujo's source left Texas a long time ago, and not really inside info to think Kansas could go B1G.