Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Conference Realignment Discussion

4 hours ago, dssl said:

I was thinking about if and when the other BIG12 teams would get picked up by the other leagues.

Obviously any school that can get an offer from the ACC , BIG10 or PAC10 would accept it. The problem is none of the BIG12  leftovers offer a compelling financial benefit to those leagues so would require the other teams to go on a diet. The exception is maybe the ACC who would like an excuse to renegotiate their contract.

My guess is none of the BIG12 leftovers will get offers until  it is know if any of the other whales are changing conferences. For example if the PAC10 looses USC,UCLA or Oregon then the BIG12 leftovers  would become more appealing as backfillers. I have no clue if or when any of the PC10 or ACC teams would jump ship.

Another thing that could delay things is the BIG12 leftovers may want to slow play things a little hoping for a big payout from TX and OU.

I fully expect Iowa State and Kansas to be invited to join the Big 10. KU has hoops value.

I expect West Virginia to go to the ACC.

And I think Tech, Baylor, Okla State and TCU get invited to the Pac 12 – or – will go to the American. K State will go to the American or MAC.

Texas and OU won't have to worry about honoring financial commitments in 2025.

9 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I fully expect Iowa State and Kansas to be invited to join the Big 10. KU has hoops value.

I expect West Virginia to go to the ACC.

And I think Tech, Baylor, Okla State and TCU get invited to the Pac 12 – or – will go to the American. K State will go to the American or MAC.

Texas and OU won't have to worry about honoring financial commitments in 2025.

That would work awesome but I will be surprised if more then a few of those moves happen without other big schools changing conferences first. Time will tell.

I don't see the 8 remaining being quickly added to any conference just for the sake of adding members.   They simply don't add that much value.  Texas and OU will get out of this situation, but it won't be the conference dissolving. 

SEC presidents meet, every Thursday.  The whole thing feels like a predetermined timeline of events.  

There is a great article about the effect a Texas/Oklahoma move to the SEC would have on college baseball.

I can’t do it right now, but I will find the link and post it. 

Today is the day they run my 5 year tests. I must get moving that direction. Keep us informed folks!

Hook ‘em!

18 minutes ago, java said:

There is a great article about the effect a Texas/Oklahoma move to the SEC would have on college baseball.

Today is the day they run my 5 year tests. I must get moving that direction. Keep us informed folks!

Hook ‘em!

🙏

28 minutes ago, java said:

Hook ‘em!

We are all hoping everything goes well Java

47 minutes ago, java said:

Are most of you thinking that this was very well choreographed?  Anyone?  Everyone?

They say that timing is everything...

I say it’s done by Friday.  What say you?

Hook ‘em!

I also think it was very well choreographed production by this duo.  I haven't seen anything this well thought by a duo since:

a75906fb94e52c343f6c3d1e3ee8293c.jpg

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, longhorn_mig said:

Lol, supposedly the Longhorn Network will become the SEC West Network and be headquartered in Austin.

Aggy head explosion in 3…2…1…

IT has mentioned that as a possibility, with the current SEC Network covering the other division.

2 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

Texas will find the road to Omaha steeper to climb. Great for college  baseball overall.

How so?

Winning conference championships maybe (though the big 12 is pretty dang good at baseball too) but with a 64 team tournament your conference is in no way a barrier to Omaha. If anything, it may help Texas secure even better seeding.